My 1299 project

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Some shocks the spring can be removed by just backing off the preload all the way. I'm assuming that you tried this and it's not the case for this particular case. One idea I have is to take 2 pieces of plate steel(or aluminum), cut a slot to fit the center shaft in, 3 threaded rods with nuts and slide it in and tighten the nuts till the bottom spring retainer can be pulled out. You shouldn't need to compress too much, I'm guessing if you were to get the plate between 2-3 coils then it will be more than enough to get the retainer out. You might even run up to AutoZone and rent something like in the picture. I wouldnt compress any of the coils till they touch, I would grab a few more coils and compress them all a little as opposed to all the way down on 1-2 coils . Shouldnt be under alot of tension when the preload is fully backed off. View attachment 1873
awesome man I’m gonna try something like that out!

Lucati

Staff member
Here’s another little something that came in. Galespeed masters are looking very nice. I had ordered the brembo billet but it’s been on back order for awhile now, so I cancelled it and went with this one, and added a shift-tech belly pan extension which will probably show up in another month or so
6DF4B6EB-D654-4532-93BD-880EABF9BFD6.jpeg
7C6E4E22-5AAB-44AA-BC4F-A76ED70B75B6.jpeg
BB8542E5-994E-42A9-8996-21C363028FBF.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Here’s another little something that came in. Galespeed masters are looking very nice. I had ordered the brembo billet but it’s been on back order for awhile now, so I cancelled it and went with this one, and added a shift-tech belly pan extension which will probably show up in another month or so
View attachment 1948
View attachment 1949
View attachment 1950
That is a very beautiful in design and also finish, even the lasermarking are beautiful 😘

Lucati

Staff member
Got it installed and bled. Took a bit to find the best fitment. I would have rather of done the fork mount for the IMA thumb brake so there’s less congestion on the clip-on but they didn’t have the size I needed, I need to special order it.

The washer-like pressure switch found on eBay works well. I Didn’t think the proti banjo was long enough for it but it fits well with smaller crush washers. The banjo that came with the switch was too long.

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
The washer-like pressure switch found on eBay works well. I Didn’t think the proti banjo was long enough for it but it fits well with smaller crush washers. The banjo that came with the switch was too long.
I'm using those washer style pressure switches too. I have been using them for front brake and clutch for over 5 mo on the daily driver Hypermotard and I have had zero issues. I didn't have the room for the banjo bolt style. I'm very happy with them so far, they feel well made. Those Galespeed masters are so nice looking. Fantastic build!! 😍

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
View attachment 2151
was out at the track yesterday, was a nice low 70’s In central CA.
Hi Lucati, did you change the fairing if you go on track? the color looks different.
Wow, you even have dedicated portable generator to warm up your tire (y)
Also, low 70's is nice, in San Jose, it's much colder this past few days...

Lucati

Staff member
Hi Lucati, did you change the fairing if you go on track? the color looks different.
Wow, you even have dedicated portable generator to warm up your tire (y)
Also, low 70's is nice, in San Jose, it's much colder this past few days...
hey there! Yes I switched out the fairings with some old ones, i
Also switched out my subframe. One subframe is all CF (except the frame part itself) and the other has all the oem plastic parts plus covered taillight. If I were to go down, I’d rather save the cost of all the CF.

Lucati

Staff member
Been a little bit, been waiting months for some parts I ordered but here’s a little something I’m gonna add that I got in today(this didn’t take months)
25336D5A-AFB9-475B-8D20-72EAF254326A.jpeg

Heroe82

Beautiful bike Lucati!
eoukd it be possible to share what fan you got abs how you installed it when you removed the original fan and shroud
I have a track only 899 and want to clean things up there. Did you solder the stock conector to the new fan ? I si ser if u can run the bike without a fan at all