My 1299 project

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hi Lucati,

I am really curious to find TITANIUM Banjo Bolts with the "ideal" length so I do more searches and managed to found several sources that at least from their drawing is 25mm (thread length below the head) :

Win By - Titanium Alloy Banjo Bolt M10 x 1.0 Pitch 25mm Thread For Brembo Single Brake Line for BMW Ducati KTM Husqvarna Triumph Aprilia - - Amazon.com

Amazon.com: LIWIN Motorbike Accessories Titanium Alloy Banjo Bolt M10 x 1.0 Pitch 25mm Thread for Brembo Single Brake Line for KTM for BMW for Husqvarna for Triumph for Aprilia for Ducati: Automotive

and here is a cheap vendor at Aliexpress: US $6.28 9% OFF|Titanium Alloy Banjo Bolt M10 x 1.0 Pitch 25mm Thread For Brembo Single Brake Line for KTM BMW Husqvarna Triumph Aprilia Ducati|Covers & Ornamental Mouldings| - AliExpress

And this one I am not so sure, the description said thread length but no drawing, however this is the cheapest on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Motorcycle-Off-Road-Titanium-Hydraulic-Husqvarna/dp/B07MW7TJR5/

However, if you are OK with 23mm length then you can purchase from MCET in Germany but a bit higher price (both the bolts and the shipping cost):
banjo bolt M 10 x 1.0 x 23 titanium for Stäubli-ZB.138/1.0T
I just ordered 4 pieces from MCET Germany store since I think 23mm is perfect for Staubli quick disconnect, plus the MCET Titanium Banjo Bolt is Made in Germany.
By the way, for out of Germany order, their default payment is bank transfer, however, they will send you an order acknowledgement along with approximation of the shipping cost, then you can reply to that email to tell them your PayPal account so you can pay by PayPal.
If you decided to purchase, please kindly told the MCET owner, that Howard refer him to you. The MCET owner is very nice and now considering to be our forum supporting vendor too :D

Here is a picture of the MCET Titanium Banjo Bolt:
Great, thanks for your researching abilities! I’ll definitely let him know if I go that route

Lucati

Staff member
since I got my RCS corsa corta MC, the AEM levers that I adore(haha) and waited months to receive no longer fit. So I had a machinist friend shave down about 6mm so I could get it to fit the new MC. The M is gone from the AEM logo but oh well. Great levers and feel very good.
E2919073-D961-4580-8FC0-71D63D658717.jpeg
3142A2BC-9C66-4AAE-B0CB-AAA99BEECAA8.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
since I got my RCS corsa corta MC, the AEM levers that I adore(haha) and waited months to receive no longer fit. So I had a machinist friend shave down about 6mm so I could get it to fit the new MC. The M is gone from the AEM logo but oh well. Great levers and feel very good.
View attachment 909
View attachment 910
Since the laser marked label were cut, maybe it's time to re anodized the lever, then custom laser marked it with your preferred logo 😁
but you will need to erase the old laser marking first before you reanodize, otherwise it will still be there albeit blurry...

Lucati

Staff member
Since the laser marked label were cut, maybe it's time to re anodized the lever, then custom laser marked it with your preferred logo 😁
but you will need to erase the old laser marking first before you reanodize, otherwise it will still be there albeit blurry...
I'd love to, but there is no shop in my area that can replicate that color or seem to do near as good of a job.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I'd love to, but there is no shop in my area that can replicate that color or seem to do near as good of a job.
My anodizing shop charged me just $120 for all of this parts to be anodized gold, but you are right the color might not be exactly the same.
If you travel to my area, I can get you the shop info. And they accept my part on Friday and finished by Monday morning.

IMG_8669.JPG

Lucati

Staff member
My anodizing shop charged me just $120 for all of this parts to be anodized gold, but you are right the color might not be exactly the same.
If you travel to my area, I can get you the shop info. And they accept my part on Friday and finished by Monday morning.

View attachment 966
they do very good work, quick too. Over here it takes at least a week for a mediocre job haha

Lucati

Staff member
It’s unfair that the v4 has so many nice exhaust systems to choose from. The 1299 got shafted in that department.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
It’s unfair that the v4 has so many nice exhaust systems to choose from. The 1299 got shafted in that department.
Hi Lucati,

I totally disagree with you on this one...Well, actually more like the exhaust is always greener err shinier on the other side :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I don't want or need or interested in all the exhaust that currently offered/available for the V4,...
The only exhaust I ever want is the Akrapovic 1299 FE exhaust, (at least the same styling) to be available for the V4, that would make it similar to the original 916 style exhaust and it make me sad that it is not available for a V4 😞

EDIT: maybe, like you say yesterday,
maybe it's time to purchase the new V4 for you, when you are ready, please kindly let me know, I would love to accompany you to any dealer in California so I can have fun watching you buy your new Ducati :)
I can drive you to the dealership in my car, so you can ride your new bike home right away from the dealer (y)

Last edited:

Lucati

Staff member
Hi Lucati,

I totally disagree with you on this one...Well, actually more like the exhaust is always greener err shinier on the other side :ROFLMAO:

Personally, I don't want or need or interested in all the exhaust that currently offered/available for the V4,...
The only exhaust I ever want is the Akrapovic 1299 FE exhaust, (at least the same styling) to be available for the V4, that would make it similar to the original 916 style exhaust and it make me sad that it is not available for a V4 😞

EDIT: maybe, like you say yesterday,
maybe it's time to purchase the new V4 for you, when you are ready, please kindly let me know, I would love to accompany you to any dealer in California so I can have fun watching you buy your new Ducati :)
I can drive you to the dealership in my car, so you can ride your new bike home right away from the dealer (y)
while I do agree, the akrapovic for the FE is very nice, but I had to get away from having the exhaust loop under the rider seat, it just gets way too hot. The FM projects that I have has gotten rid of all that heat, which is a huge plus.

this may be perfect. I’ll be in San Jose this coming Saturday for a wedding. I’ll ditch that wedding and we can go grab a v4:LOL:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
while I do agree, the akrapovic for the FE is very nice, but I had to get away from having the exhaust loop under the rider seat, it just gets way too hot. The FM projects that I have has gotten rid of all that heat, which is a huge plus.

this may be perfect. I’ll be in San Jose this coming Saturday for a wedding. I’ll ditch that wedding and we can go grab a v4:LOL:
Yes, please let me know in advance if you want to do that, perhaps I can pick you up from the wedding,
then we can buy the V4, and then you can crash back at the wedding with a music from the V4 engine :D
I believe there are 3 Ducati dealers around the bay area that is within 1 hour driving from San Jose...
All this covid-19, end of year, low interest is a BUYER's market 🤑
oh don't forget DUCATImodified.com forum is under your command too 😜

Lucati

Staff member
Yes, please let me know in advance if you want to do that, perhaps I can pick you up from the wedding,
then we can buy the V4, and then you can crash back at the wedding with a music from the V4 engine :D
I believe there are 3 Ducati dealers around the bay area that is within 1 hour driving from San Jose...
All this covid-19, end of year, low interest is a BUYER's market 🤑
oh don't forget DUCATImodified.com forum is under your command too 😜
As great as that sounds, the wedding would turn into my funeral after. I can already hear my wife now, "We need to re do the entire kitchen! We need new floors! You already have one, what do you need 2 for!" 🙄🙄🙄

Lucati

Staff member
So I got these in today. The car note has carbon fiber lines. Went with this brand because they’re already measured and fittings have the correct angles. Took the lazy way out.
94333C15-9867-4916-B22F-BB4424E8BC8F.jpeg
but, I didn’t know this clear line cover was goinf to look grey....I think I’m just going to cut it off. Would there be any problem with doing that?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
So I got these in today. The car note has carbon fiber lines. Went with this brand because they’re already measured and fittings have the correct angles. Took the lazy way out.
View attachment 1060
but, I didn’t know this clear line cover was goinf to look grey....I think I’m just going to cut it off. Would there be any problem with doing that?
Hi Lucati,
There is no problem cutting the clear line cover, just becareful not to cut too deep and "injured" the carbon braided fiber beneath it.
The purpose of this cover is to prevent small dust/dirt/road grimes embedded between the carbon braided fiber which can slowly get into the inner PTFE tubes and damage them...
or in case if you are using stainless steel braided also avoid the stainless steel braided from making contact with any other surface of the bike causing scratch on the other surface.
You can always painted the clear line black (or any other color), just make sure you are using a flexible paint so they won't peel off easily if you don't want to cut it.

Lucati

Staff member
Hi Lucati,
There is no problem cutting the clear line cover, just becareful not to cut too deep and "injured" the carbon braided fiber beneath it.
The purpose of this cover is to prevent small dust/dirt/road grimes embedded between the carbon braided fiber which can slowly get into the inner PTFE tubes and damage them...
or in case if you are using stainless steel braided also avoid the stainless steel braided from making contact with any other surface of the bike causing scratch on the other surface.
You can always painted the clear line black (or any other color), just make sure you are using a flexible paint so they won't peel off easily if you don't want to cut it.
Thank you! more knowledge that I’ve acquired from you!

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi Lucati,
Continuing from our discussion a few days ago about exhaust, You are right, there are so many more exhaust choices for V4 😀
I just saw the latest Instagram post from one of our forum member: @Superbike Unlimited, Termignoni Full WSBK system. Now, I don't mind having a Termignoni instead of Akrapovic because the original 916 came with Termignoni...
I just wonder if this can fit with the stock subframe/taillight and will it came with a proper tune? oh, also how much will it cost 🤑?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 1060
+1 on cutting it off.
No issue doing that just be sure to protect the lines anywhere its going to come into contact with something. They sent me this protective wrap with mine.

Lucati

Staff member
Hi Lucati,
Continuing from our discussion a few days ago about exhaust, You are right, there are so many more exhaust choices for V4 😀
I just saw the latest Instagram post from one of our forum member: @Superbike Unlimited, Termignoni Full WSBK system. Now, I don't mind having a Termignoni instead of Akrapovic because the original 916 came with Termignoni...
I just wonder if this can fit with the stock subframe/taillight and will it came with a proper tune? oh, also how much will it cost 🤑?

OMG....wow...unfair haha