HKMP7's V4S Journal

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
Quick question, when you install your Akrapovic Full System Exhaust, do you took out the whole servo assembly? if you did took out the whole assembly,
did it show error warning on the dashboard before you reflash with the Ducati Akrapovic new MAP at the dealership?
Thanks

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
Quick question, when you install your Akrapovic Full System Exhaust, do you took out the whole servo assembly? if you did took out the whole assembly,
did it show error warning on the dashboard before you reflash with the Ducati Akrapovic new MAP at the dealership?
Thanks
Yeah the whole servo was removed. I didn’t ride it so I don’t know if it had any errors.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Motocorse Engine bracket
We were talking about this in @BMW Alpina thread.
This is just for looks it does add a bit of weight specs below. Added the TI bolts to offset some of the weight difference.
Stock bracket 213g
Stock bolts 37g

Motocore bracket 259g
TI bolts 23g

So it added 32g :confused: but looks amazing :p

Before

After

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Sicom rear rotor
This thing is pretty trick. Some stuff to note. It comes with pads which will work in the factory caliper or brembo billet caliper. Uses different size rotor bolts and abs ring hardware. (Comes with rotor). The ABS ring is held on with a bolt thru the front and nut on the back.

The rotor measured .9mm thicker than stock. So I got these abs shims to remedy that.
ABS ring shim .2mm part # 71314901A
ABS ring shim .5mm part # 71319201A

I used 1 of the .5 shims 2 of the .2 shims.
Worked perfect no issues with TC.

My girlfriend said I could have used this instead of buying those shims lmao

Weight difference
Stock rear rotor 1014g
Sicom carbon rear rotor 359g
655g
or 1.44lb savings

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Sicom rear rotor
This thing is pretty trick. Some stuff to note. It comes with pads which will work in the factory caliper or brembo billet caliper. Uses different size rotor bolts and abs ring hardware. (Comes with rotor). The ABS ring is held on with a bolt thru the front and nut on the back.

The rotor measured .9mm thicker than stock. So I got these abs shims to remedy that.
ABS ring shim .2mm part # 71314901A
ABS ring shim .5mm part # 71319201A

I used 1 of the .5 shims 2 of the .2 shims.
Worked perfect no issues with TC.

My girlfriend said I could have used this instead of buying those shims lmao

Weight difference
Stock rear rotor 1014g
Sicom carbon rear rotor 359g
655g
or 1.44lb savings

Hi HKMP7,
That is a huge differences in unsprung rotating weight. Do you feel the difference in acceleration? Also, how is the carbon rotor/pad perform compare to the stock rotor/pad in braking performance?
Thanks

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
That is a huge differences in unsprung rotating weight. Do you feel the difference in acceleration? Also, how is the carbon rotor/pad perform compare to the stock rotor/pad in braking performance?
Thanks
It was silly fast before and its still silly fast. So I didn't notice a drastic difference. The braking force is the same as factory I can still do sweet skids.

DucatiKev

FOUNDING Member
If the jerks show up here, I’m confident the amazing moderators and founder will act swiftly.

HKMP7, your bike is coming along beautifully. That Sicom rotor looks like a cutting disc for my dremel, it’s intoxicating, absolutely beautiful. I love it!
It’s pretty neat even in the close up pictures of mechanical components, the little bit of red body work shown looks fantastic, super clean and perfectly polished. I hope this is a bike you keep forever. I am still waiting to see how you secure a holster(s) to this bike 😹

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fren Tubo & Oberon
I decided to replace the stock clutch line and slave with these. I haven't had the mushy clutch that has plagued some. I got this setup for the lighter clutch pull and it looks nice.

Added the Stahlbus bleeder

The braid on the Carbon line looks awesome

The obligatory Proti bolts