HKMP7's V4S Journal

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Creates a barrier between the paint and the elements. IE dirt brake dust etc. Makes it easier to clean and adds uv protection. Short version.
Due to the influence of HK and his use of ceramics, I too have become a fan. I recently spent days doing the gloss black mag wheels on my car and also the red Brembo brake calipers. Preparation and prior cleaning took the most time. I did some plastic parts too. It seems to have worked well as washing the brake dust off the wheels seemed a little easier the other day. Although this could have just been that self reinforcing pseudo feeling you get thinking that it must have worked because I did it. Anyway, can't hurt. I will also use some on the 1199S. Not cheap stuff but anything to help cleaning.

Thanks again HKMP7.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
HK
Thanks for putting the weights of the parts up. That is always of great interest to me. I weigh and log everything. Fren lines are nice and light.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
No problem. It definitely helps a lot makes cleaning so much easier. The bike stays clean longer as well. I only wash the bike 3 times or so a year and it still looks new.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Brembo Billet caliper update.
I got some stuff for the billet rear caliper and I think it turned out nice.
Proti caliper pin
It comes with the retainer clips

Replaced the bleeder as well

I modified the dust cap to accommodate the shorter bleeder.

Probolt Ti banjo bolt and bleeder installed

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Suter Racing Rear master cylinder
Another piece of the puzzle for my braking system. Suter is well known in racing mostly for building swingarms, slipper clutches and full blown MotoGP bikes. Here's my attempt to clean up and simplify the right side of the bike. This will integrate the master cylinder and rear brake reservoir. Normally this master comes with threaded mounting holes which wouldn't wouldn't work with the V4 rearsets. So I asked them to "modify" it for me by removing the threads. This is "Ducati Modified" forum and that's what we do. They replied no problem and sent me out this.

You can see this is made by Brembo for Suter :cool:

My only issue is the color which you can see here in the sunlight. I have plans for that but more on that later.

The factory reservoir bracket helps with brakeline routing. When I delete it I will have a problem with cable management.
Here's my solution I bought the Fullsix carbon reservoir bracket.

I chopped it up.

With this new master I will need a different rear line from the abs pump to the master. I got with Fren tubo and I have a fix coming.
Stay tuned.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
This is "Ducati Modified" forum and that's what we do.
(y) (y) (y)

That is a very nice Rear Master Cylinder HKMP7, I can't wait to see your "solution" for the color issue and also your review after you install it on your bike 😃
Beside, the thread, I assume this is a completely bolt on solution?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
(y) (y) (y)

That is a very nice Rear Master Cylinder HKMP7, I can't wait to see your "solution" for the color issue and also your review after you install it on your bike 😃
Beside, the thread, I assume this is a completely bolt on solution?
Yeah its pretty straight forward. I will update with the components needed to make this work.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
BST Rapid Tek Carbon Wheels
When I first saw the V4SL I was thoroughly impressed. The extra effort they put forth just because they can is amazing. After experiencing the bike in the flesh I was in awe of all the details. I will not be one of the 500 lucky owners but I will use the bike as inspiration. BST makes the wheels for the V4SL since that design is only available thru Ducati. I got the next best thing the BST Rapid Tek.

These are gloss with ceramic bearings.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
That is a great choice on the color and finished of your BST Rapid Tek, I saw some in other color, but I don't think any other color can look better than natural carbon fiber color for a carbon fiber wheel, at least for me :)
By the way, the ceramic bearings were optional, right? What are the advantages of using the ceramic bearings? Thanks

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
That is a great choice on the color and finished of your BST Rapid Tek, I saw some in other color, but I don't think any other color can look better than natural carbon fiber color for a carbon fiber wheel, at least for me :)
By the way, the ceramic bearings were optional, right? What are the advantages of using the ceramic bearings? Thanks
I agree glossy carbon is hard to beat. I considered satin but I felt like they wouldn’t pop as much. Yes the ceramic bearings were optional $150. The ceramic bearings offer lower rolling resistance over the standard steel units. So they will slow down and speed up faster. 😎

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
Such an awesome build. After seeing your post the other day with the spring return(I am now looking to buy this spring kit) for the rear master cylinder. Seeing the heim joint that was on the end I thought "surely there is a titanium heim joint option out there somewhere I could suggest. If anyone would use one it would be done on this build". An hour + later of searching I came up with nothing. LOL. Such an fantastic build. I enjoy following along and getting ideas for my own bike. Keep up the good work

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Such an awesome build. After seeing your post the other day with the spring return(I am now looking to buy this spring kit) for the rear master cylinder. Seeing the heim joint that was on the end I thought "surely there is a titanium heim joint option out there somewhere I could suggest. If anyone would use one it would be done on this build". An hour + later of searching I came up with nothing. LOL. Such an fantastic build. I enjoy following along and getting ideas for my own bike. Keep up the good work
That was @BMW Alpina build 😔
Mine is not as cool :ROFLMAO:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
That was @BMW Alpina build 😔
Mine is not as cool :ROFLMAO:
I beg to differ but HKMP7 is actually "INCORRECT" regarding the "coolness" factor, because HKMP7 haven't post some of his upcoming parts and being modest 😉

(hint, one of the upcoming HKMP7 modification will be a cool stuff and match made in heaven for the lightness and exotic material of HKMP7's BST 😍 and I frankly don't even dare to match it 😅)

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Too funny man. I just enjoy reading about the other builds and stories you guys have. Glad to be here.
I do have some cool stuff coming in the near future. ;):cool:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Rear master update
I test fitted the Suter rear master and I found a couple small things that need to be addressed.
First I need to space it out about 2-2.5mm so it clears the carbon exhaust shield and the rear master pin is at the correct angle.
I mocked it up using 2 washers and it works perfect.

I found a much better solution to space out the master. I bought some titanium rod stock to make some custom spacers.

Finished product

Extra touch I "blued" the spacers lol

Second the brake line that comes with the Fren Tubo kit threads directly into the factory master so it wont work.
This is the line that comes standard with the kit.

So I have to get a custom line made. The banjo bolt on the new master is slightly farther back so I will need to extend the line. After measuring twice here are the specs for the new line. Carbon fiber brake hose 570mm long (from center hole to center hole) with a 45deg rotatable fitting on one side and 70deg lateral non rotatable on the other side.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fullsix Carbon subframe
In my quest to lighten the V4 this was a no brainer. Not only does it look amazing it will lower the weight and center of gravity. Once I install it I will share the data. For now enjoy the art that Fullsix has provided.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Rear Master & Custom Fren Tubo line update
I couldn't live with the brownish color on the master so I had it stripped and anodized. After the first chemical strip the laser etched logo was still there. They asked if I wanted to have them strip it again and I said no. I think it turned out awesome it gives it that "race worn" and more subtle look.

The color is a bright black hard anodize. I gave them a spare part from my rearsets for them to match.

Then put it back together.

Fren Tubo custom line
I painted the silver crimped area that's visible black.

I replaced the bolt that holds the brakeline to the swingarm with a Proti.

I painted the p clip that holds the brakeline. I wanted to buy a black alloy one but I couldn't find any in the U.S.A.
So this will do for now.

Last edited: