HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
@Melotti Racing "HKMP7" triple clamp
After seeing @BMW Alpina triple I thought it was awesome so I decided to switch mine out. I did a couple different options first the "HKMP7". Second the 1/1 because my mom told me I'm special. Third I had them forgo the clipon alignment markings because I plan to keep the factory bars. The machining is really nice so is the finish and its very light.

From Concept to reality.

Compared to the stock triple and Ducabike

Weight info
Stock with stem nut stock bolts 524g
Ducabike with Db stem nut ti bolts 806g
Melotti with Cnc stem nut ti bolts 475g

Melotti Vs Ducabike
Looks wise I think these are very similar. Finish on both is excellent the only huge difference is the weight.

Finished product

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
OMG, this is so nice, love this kind of details!!

My previous track bike i've laser graved the stem nut
But on the triple is on another level!!
Well done πŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks! Its definitely one of my favorite pieces. Im sure @Melotti Racing can do something special for you.
Hi @Duc_tmmc

continuing on what HKMP7 post above, Melotti Racing is one of our several forum official vendor.

If you are interested in Melotti Racing product,
Please kindly help by contacting or ask question to Diego from Melotti Racing by posting a new thread on their sub-category link here: Melotti Racing

Our forum doesn't get any commission or anything like that.
In fact all vendor can become our forum vendor for FREE, but the more active this forum (to member and vendor) the faster we can increase interest and traffic to our forum so our forum can grow faster. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks again

Duc_tmmc

Hi @Duc_tmmc

continuing on what HKMP7 post above, Melotti Racing is one of our several forum official vendor.

Please kindly help by contacting or ask question to Diego from Melotti Racing by posting a new thread on their sub-category link here: Melotti Racing

In fact all vendor can become our forum vendor for FREE, but the more active this forum (to member and vendor) the faster we can increase interest and traffic to our forum so our forum can grow faster. πŸ˜ƒ

Thanks again

Awesome info!
Maybe next year i decide to go for it (y)

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Here is the my Review of the QS after 3 weeks of riding.

Cordona GP ASG Superbike QS full review
I've probably had around 8-10 different quick shifters and this one is definitely one of my favorites.
Here are my thoughts.

Fit & finish: 10/10
The body of the sensor is very nice quality and finished well. Wire loom was great with a oem connector. The heim joints are excellent the best ones I’ve seen come with any quick shifter or rearsets.

Features: 10/10
True strain gauge sensor which is more consistent and reliable than spring loaded sensors. Configurable for street or GP shift. Plug & play. Shift rod comes with correct length so no need to cut. Also comes with a longer shift rod in case you needed extra length for different rearsets.

Installation: 9.5/10
The install was very simple and straight forward. You will need a couple extra zip ties other than that you get everything in the box.

Riding impressions: 10/10
My initial impressions were super positive. But I wanted to take more time to see if anything would changed. No sir it hasn’t this thing is still amazing. Once I got used to how responsive it is its even more enjoyable. The downshifts are still silky smooth. I put this to the test here during AZ summer. It was 112-115 degrees for about a week and in stop and go traffic it was still flawless. I wanted to throw in the towel well before the QS did.

Overall: 9.9/10
I can’t find any faults with this kit. If I had to split hairs maybe the fact I needed some extra zip ties. But most of us will have plenty of those laying around. All and all I would definitely it buy again Hopefully this helps anyone on the fence. Any questions shoot me a pm.
Nice Review HK. I must admit I do not know much about these bits of kit. I have always been pretty happy with the stock one on my 1199S. I cannot do QS down though as the 2012 model did not do that. I am not sure when that actually came in for the 1199 series but I know in 2014 1199SL had up and down QS. Thanks for posting all the detailed info.
More of the Ti Diet
I got these race spec drilled and hollow bolts from podium racing. They look really awesome and will save some precious grams.

Probolt Ti for the rear

I purchased those last year and I am looking forward to fitting them. I currently have gold coloured Proti which have been in there for a few years. I have photos somewhere of these on the scales and the drilling removes another level of weight. Great place to save weight too. It all adds up is my mantra. (y)

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hi @Duc_tmmc

Thanks again

Hi BMWAlpina, As HK was inspired with this mod (Melotti) from your build I have been too. I like the weight savings and to be able to add a personal touch is great too.

@HK Is the OEM nut steel or alloy on the V4 ?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi BMWAlpina, As HK was inspired with this mod (Melotti) from your build I have been too. I like the weight savings and to be able to add a personal touch is great too.

@HK Is the OEM nut steel or alloy on the V4 ?
It’s alloy!
Stem nuts specs are the following:
Stock 50g
CNC 47g
Ducabike 46g

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ti Diet
Replaced more of the stock bolts. In this installment I changed the front rotor bolts with NK Components drilled bolts. I like that these are a hex head and torx.
Here are specs.
Stock bolt x 10 91g
NK Ti bolt x 10 50g
Save a bit of weight but most important these look a lot better and will stay that way.

Hollow :cool:

Before

After

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
DP Carbon chain guard
This part is trick adds some protection while adding style. My bike is a 19" which is missing the 2nd hole in the bottom of the swingarm but this part still fits perfect. Its installed under the chain guide.
DP carbon chain guard # 96981281AA

ProTI bolts
I replaced the bolts on the chain guide and chain guard.

Look at the condition of this bolt which has never been removed. "cheese"

Installed

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I thought about it but decided I wanted to show the bare metal. Looking into a pierobon arm for a later time. We will see.
From @Superbike Unlimited latest video, they just bought a slightly newer version of the rear swing arm from Ducati Corse, this one is longer but without the "two welding marks" that was on the original Pierobon version.
(fast forward to 24:25 time marks), but according to them this one is NOT the most latest version since the most latest version only have 3,500km of service life.

Capture.JPG

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
From @Superbike Unlimited latest video, they just bought a slightly newer version of the rear swing arm from Ducati Corse, this one is longer but without the "two welding marks" that was on the original Pierobon version.
(fast forward to 24:25 time marks), but according to them this one is NOT the most latest version since the most latest version only have 3,500km of service life.

View attachment 1589
That's cool the one Im looking at will last the life of the bike. I worried about having to extend the cables for wheel speed sensor and brake line.

Last edited: