Reusing the bolts and springs on the new ring

Torque to 10nm

Opted for some Proti bolts for the cover

Torque to 3Nm plus 90 deg

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ilmberger seat pad
This flows a lot better with the carbon tail than the factory plastic seat pad. Coated as usual with a matte coating. The fit was spot on.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ti hardware
More Ti bolts for the V4. I was torn on which pinch bolts I wanted. So I bought both I ended up going with the Proti because they matched the others.

Aella Sidestand assist

Love how the burnt Ti matches the Akrapovic pipes.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Stickers!
After installing the carbon set pad the tail section was looking a bit plain. I felt like it needed a splash of color. I have a buddy that has a wrap shop and here's what I came up with.

Measurements from the stock seat pad

Proof of the die cut decal

End result

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
AEM QC Sprocket setup
I wanted to dress it up a bit and save some weight. I decided to get all components from the same company to avoid any potential alignment/fitment issues. I went with stock gearing to keep the ride-ability .
Here are the parts:
AEM Ti Cush drives
AEM Sprocket
AEM Flange
TI Hardware
EK 520GP chain
Afam front sprocket

I cleaned all the factory chain wax off

Before

After

Here's the tech data
Weight in grams
Stock front sprocket 253g
Stock rear sprocket setup 2232g
Stock chain 114 links 2180g
Total 4665g/10.27lbs

Afam front sprocket 219g
AEM rear sprocket setup 1227g
EK 520GP chain 114 links 1723g
Total 3169g/6.98lbs

Savings of 1496g/3.29lbs

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Chain sling clean up
After installing the chain and putting some miles on it so I can readjust it. I got some chain sling from the factory wax that I missed. Here's how I protect the exhaust and wheels.
On the exhaust cans I used a high temp paste wax that is rated to 250 deg. This will aid when removing chain wax or dirt.

This is after the first ride. Why is this stuff so sticky geez.

I only use this product on Ti exhaust. Its basically the "old" formula plexus.

I use this to keep the wheels clean and matte.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
DP Pro Grip
The 18-19 V4 and V4S come with the standard black Ducati grips. They are a bit hard and on longer rides they make my throttle hand go numb. These are a softer and they help with dampening the vibrations. They also have that pop of red.
Ducati part # 96280611AA
These are the same as Pro Grip 717

Duc_tmmc

Nice weight saving and the look is amazing👌
Those progrip 717 are a must, very comfortable ;)

See that you also love some detailing:D

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ilmberger Ignition cover
I wanted to get rid of the plastic cover with all the writing on it. (Who uses those other two key positions anyway) So I got this carbon piece without the writing.
Per usual I cleaned and coated it.

The fitment was good it lined up with the ignition studs and the inner fairing covers with no issues.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
DP Rizoma brake lever guard

I got this initially without the adapter set but didn't like the fitment so I ordered it and now it fits much better.
Ducati part # 96180661A

I definitely need this. So when I'm racing through the grocery store parking lot none of the shopping carts accidentally activate my brake. ;)

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Rear reservoir swap
I didn't like the look of the factory rear reservoir so I searched for a replacement. I bought the Rizoma CT015B but didn't like the fit. The res didn't fit flush in the stock res bracket. Then I remembered that Brembo makes a smoke version of the stock reservoir which comes on the new SF V4. So here it is and it flows with the rest of my theme well. Side note now I don't have to see the dark brake fluid anymore ha.

Notice the distance between the body of the res and the mounting bolt

Before

After

I later replaced the mounting bolt with a drilled ti one.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ilmberger instrument cover
Install rating Difficulty: 5/10 Patience: 12/10
In a effort to get rid of all the plastic on the bike I got this cover.

I wanted to add a little touch so I got the Ducati Corse emblem 43819771A to put on it.

Remove the factory cover.

I found it much easier to install the carbon piece with the headlight removed. Its such a tight fit be sure to tape up the carbon so the fairing stay doesn't scratch it up.
The emblem is domed so I flattened it a bit and used better 3m adhesive.

Let the adhesive cure and voila.

Now put it back together

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Apex Racing development switch
The theme of jazzing up the cockpit continues with this custom Start/Run switch. I wanted something simple light weight and customize-able. So I got this and they swapped around the colors for me. Even comes standard with ti bolts. (You know how much I love ti dress up bolts) The buttons are all mil spec with gold contacts etc. I had them use the same braided mesh loom that originally comes on the bike so it looks factory.

On to the install.
I started with noting where the factory rubber cable ties are located. Remove them to create some slack to remove the throttle.

Remove the throttle you will need that tri star bit.

To get the Start/Run switch off you will either need the ducati special tool part# 887134967 or equivalent. I used a thin flathead screw driver.

Dont forget to unplug this connector

On the new switch the connector sits underneath the battery cover. Here is how I did the loom.

Here's everything tided up

The inspiration for the button colors came from my cars interior.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Those Titanium Bolts that came with the switch and the braided wiring loom are very nice, looks like it came from the factory :love:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Lieb Speed cylinder covers ver. 2
Install rating Difficulty: 8/10 Patience: 9/10
More plastic removal.

Very nice heat shield

Carbon vs stock

Added some heat protection to the right side cover

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
To aid in installation you should remove the tank and loosen the rear subframe. I also removed the front sprocket cover. A bunch of tedious stuff but it helped a lot.

Finished product

FYI
Here are the differences between Ver 1 and Ver 2.
Ver 1 on left Ver 2 on right.
Version 1 is what the cylinder head looks like underneath. Version 2 is like a mix of the cylinder head and the stock cover.