HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I know I have added a lot of carbon but I dont want to do all carbon again. Mainly because the body lines get lost with the dark color.

This is my all carbon ZX10R 378 lbs wet 192Hp built motor no traction control death machine. The carbon tail and tank are in the box in the background. This is circa 2004
Jaret campisi who. I've been doing the lightest fastest superbikes on the road before youtube lol jk.
This bike tried its best to kill me every time I rode it. ha

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Cordona GP ASG Superbike QS
Here is the previous install of the QS

After some less than thrilling experiences with the factory QS I decided to search for a replacement. Here is a install guide for the Cordona GP ASG PnP QS. You can use this for other brands as well. This is how I did it.

Tools needed
4mm Allen
5mm Allen
6mm Allen
Small Electronics flat head screwdriver
Torque wrench
Zip ties

Let's get started
The Cordona QS

What's in the box

I replaced the bolts with some black Ti bolts

After taking off the left side lower you should be left with this. You’ll see the factory QS connector and the placement of the factory cable tie and wire ties.

Loosen the bolts for the rearset.

Now remove the bolt on the gear shift lever.

Remove the bolts on the rearset you loosened earlier. Flip the rearset over and remove the last bolt.

Remove the cable and wire ties

Unplug the connector for the factory Qs.

Here's the factory and Cordona QS side by side.

Now install your new QS.
Here is how I tidied up the wiring.
When reinstalling the bolts I used blue loctite.
The 2 6mm bolts are torqued to 10Nm
The 2 8mm bolts are torqued to 25Nm

Be sure to leave room for the sensor to get airflow.
All Installed

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Here is the my Review of the QS after 3 weeks of riding.

Cordona GP ASG Superbike QS full review
I've probably had around 8-10 different quick shifters and this one is definitely one of my favorites.
Here are my thoughts.

Fit & finish: 10/10
The body of the sensor is very nice quality and finished well. Wire loom was great with a oem connector. The heim joints are excellent the best ones I’ve seen come with any quick shifter or rearsets.

Features: 10/10
True strain gauge sensor which is more consistent and reliable than spring loaded sensors. Configurable for street or GP shift. Plug & play. Shift rod comes with correct length so no need to cut. Also comes with a longer shift rod in case you needed extra length for different rearsets.

Installation: 9.5/10
The install was very simple and straight forward. You will need a couple extra zip ties other than that you get everything in the box.

Riding impressions: 10/10
My initial impressions were super positive. But I wanted to take more time to see if anything would changed. No sir it hasn’t this thing is still amazing. Once I got used to how responsive it is its even more enjoyable. The downshifts are still silky smooth. I put this to the test here during AZ summer. It was 112-115 degrees for about a week in stop and go traffic it was still flawless. I wanted to throw in the towel well before the QS did.

Overall: 9.9/10
I can’t find any faults with this kit. If I had to split hairs maybe the fact I needed some extra zip ties. But most of us will have plenty of those laying around. All and all I would definitely it buy again hopefully this helps anyone on the fence. Any questions shoot me a pm.

Last edited:

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at the cordona, but that little box I read horror stories of it melting, so I went with a translogic

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I was looking at the cordona, but that little box I read horror stories of it melting, so I went with a translogic
Yeah there was someone that had that happen. I made sure not to lock it down super close to the exhaust heat. Its been fine in AZ 115 degree heat

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Yeah there was someone that had that happen. I made sure not to lock it down super close to the exhaust heat. Its been fine in AZ 115 degree heat
ouch, riding in 115 degree weather is brutal. Over 100 i just wont do haha

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Bonus pic
That carbon tail contrast looks sooo good ;)
It is great combination. When I see your picture above, I can see the front half all color coordinated in red, and the half rear all color coordinated in black (the tail, the rear mudguard, the swing arm, the seat, the engine cover, the wheel, the rear tire, the side rear subframe cover)
it make an impression like it is in very fast motion where the bike moving fast that the rear become blurry like a trail !
In summary, it make your bike looks fast whether in motion or standing still ! (y)

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I love the contrast. This is something Ive done will almost all my race bikes.
Heres one of the old Kawi's
Custom carbon endurance bodywork & carbon tank painted green
Marchensini Ohlins brembo akra superbike swingarm etc.
Circa 08'

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
Do you still have all those bikes? What are the bikes that you currently own? A list of the bikes that you own (past and present) would be a great information to add on your "forum signature".
I am already losing my mind (and my wallet) with just this one bike of mine. You must spent a fortune with all those bike and all those high end modifications.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
Do you still have all those bikes? What are the bikes that you currently own? A list of the bikes that you own (past and present) would be a great information to add on your "forum signature".
I am already losing my mind (and my wallet) with just this one bike of mine. You must spent a fortune with all those bike and all those high end modifications.
Yeah I still have the 2006 ZX10RR I wont ever sell that thing. The forum sig might not hold all the bikes lol.
Might be easier to say Ive had every year ZX10R and ZX6R from 03-15. Yeah a alot of those parts are either 1 off or ex AMA superbike parts. Small fortune spent for sure 🥴

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Yeah I still have the 2006 ZX10RR I wont ever sell that thing. The forum sig might not hold all the bikes lol.
Might be easier to say Ive had every year ZX10R and ZX6R from 03-15. Yeah a alot of those parts are either 1 off or ex AMA superbike parts. Small fortune spent for sure 🥴
Damn... if you didn't buy all those bikes and parts, the money should be enough to buy an F8 Tributo or GT2RS by now...
but of course neither an F8 Tributo nor GT2RS can give you the same excitement and experience of modifying more than a dozen superbike !
HKMP7, you really live your life to the fullest and with passion too (y) 🏍

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Damn... if you didn't buy all those bikes and parts, the money should be enough to buy an F8 Tributo or GT2RS by now...
but of course neither an F8 Tributo nor GT2RS can give you the same excitement and experience of modifying more than a dozen superbike !
HKMP7, you really live your life to the fullest and with passion too (y) 🏍
That's what I tell these younger guys lol. I've driven some of the fastest cars out there and they don't ignite the same emotions as a motorcycle. I've been to racing school for both cars and bikes and cars will always be second. At Bob Bondurant racing school

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Titanium hardware
I wanted to give the bike a more premium look so I found another company that sells Ti bolts for the V4. These are from Podium racing after receiving my order from them I noticed they are local to me about 5 mins away from my house lol. I got their ignition stud kit with the top nut. I've always been a fan of the "dimpled" look on the bolt head. I think the first time I saw that was on a Aprilia RSV mille.

Before

After

Also got some bolts to replace the carbon heel guard bolts

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
More of the Ti Diet
I got these race spec drilled and hollow bolts from podium racing. They look really awesome and will save some precious grams.

Probolt Ti for the rear

BMW Alpina

Staff member
More of the Ti Diet
I got these race spec drilled and hollow bolts from podium racing. They look really awesome and will save some precious grams.

Probolt Ti for the rear

To every readers, please pay attention to what @HKMP7 said, especially on the word HOLLOW
because that Podium Racing bolt is really HOLLOW all the way through the middle of it !!! That's is amazing 🧐

I am guessing they were using gun drilling method to create that long holes ...