HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Does the abs intervene regularly with these? I am seriously considering these but am always weary on swapping out parts that require a lot of rider adjustment on input. Especially on track.
Once the rotors are up to temp I noticed they do cause the abs to intervene more. I did ditch the abs so its not a issue for me anymore.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Both, but I'm also fabricating a Naca Duct to mount on the fairing to direct air across it, i thought about mounting a small fan on top like a CPU because there's a lot of latent heat when bike comes off the track but will see how this goes.
this Is awesome! As we changed to full akrapovic exhaust, that duct is gone. I had the gear sensor over heat issue in Utah, when dealer installed new sensor, it reminded my the duct was missing. Would like to retroactively to add back on this….new heat sink did say high temp version !

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
hmm....I'm definitely going to raised hell with the dealership now!! LOL

just kidding....but worth investigating on my end now...thanks....

bp_SFV4

The air duct is attached to the bolts which fasten the bracket for the left rearset. No reason it shouldn't be there that I can think of. I even transferred the foam seal from around the opening on my left lower fairing to the Akra lower fairing.

Max

i have the cordona. dont feel its as smooth as people make it out to be especially from first to second and im finding false neutrals. if i clutch it its fine and the other gears and downshifting are legit. wouldnt recommend yet just an opinion. the domino one looks intreresting as everything domino is legit but not sure if anyones used it

bp_SFV4

I think it's little bit too sensitive.
Takes time to ged used to.
Works fine though, just don't touch lever if not intended to change gear.
I would really like it to have adjustable sensitivity.
My feelings exactly. I took it off today and put the OEM one back on. Its very sensitive, kind of a hair trigger on a precision rifle that you have to shoot with your left foot...that has a boot on it. The couple of good shifts I got were so precise and crisp, but that was maybe 3 out of 20 shifts. Lots of fails.

I had emailed Cordona and asked if it were possible to increase the force needed and they said its a voltage thing, and not adjustable. The bike supplies +5V to the QS, and at rest it sends about +2.5V to the ECU. For an upshift it sends a +3.3V signal and for a down a +1.7V. If you have the tool you can read the voltage the QS is sending and if you push or pull harder it will change, but as soon as the ECU sees its target, it cuts or blimps.

Kill times are adjustable in the ECU and Ducati uses different times depending on where you are in the RPM range but that's not really where the change is needed.

Max

My feelings exactly. I took it off today and put the OEM one back on. Its very sensitive, kind of a hair trigger on a precision rifle that you have to shoot with your left foot...that has a boot on it. The couple of good shifts I got were so precise and crisp, but that was maybe 3 out of 20 shifts. Lots of fails.

I had emailed Cordona and asked if it were possible to increase the force needed and they said its a voltage thing, and not adjustable. The bike supplies +5V to the QS, and at rest it sends about +2.5V to the ECU. For an upshift it sends a +3.3V signal and for a down a +1.7V. If you have the tool you can read the voltage the QS is sending and if you push or pull harder it will change, but as soon as the ECU sees its target, it cuts or blimps.

Kill times are adjustable in the ECU and Ducati uses different times depending on where you are in the RPM range but that's not really where the change is needed.
I spoke to Ivan for over an hour yesterday. Very nice guy and we are assuming my issue is cut times. I messaged brentune and pending a response. Outside of an ecu tune how are uou able to adjust kill times? My understanding is its locked. I am mainly having issues from first to second and kinda second to third

bp_SFV4

I doubt its the kill times only because the kill times are the same with the OEM QS, which works fine.

You aren't able to adjust the kill times outside of an ECU tune unfortunately.

If I go with a Woolich tuning kit maybe I'll mess with the Cordona more, but for now its back in the drawer and the OEM QS is on the bike.

Apuca

Titanium hardware
I wanted to give the bike a more premium look so I found another company that sells Ti bolts for the V4. These are from Podium racing after receiving my order from them I noticed they are local to me about 5 mins away from my house lol. I got their ignition stud kit with the top nut. I've always been a fan of the "dimpled" look on the bolt head. I think the first time I saw that was on a Aprilia RSV mille.

Before

After

Also got some bolts to replace the carbon heel guard bolts

Did you have any issues with the ignition bolts. I got the set you have pictured here, but I the collar screw won't fit over the allen part fo the longer threaded bolt. Am I installing incorrectly?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Did you have any issues with the ignition bolts. I got the set you have pictured here, but I the collar screw won't fit over the allen part fo the longer threaded bolt. Am I installing incorrectly?
Hello
Those studs are designed so the allen head snaps off when you torque it down. You can give them some encouragement by cutting some slits on the sides.