HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Tank prep
Before I can get the tank installed there are some things I need to do.
First swap over the fuelpump. I bought new gasket and o-rings

I cleaned the debris that was accumulated at the bottom of the pump.

Installed the bottom portion of the Teknofibra heat shield so the tank protector isn't attached directly to the tank.

Fuelpump and the upper portion of the Teknofibra heat shield installed

Torque sequence

Fullsix tank protector installed with permatex black rtv I'll let this sit overnight.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fairings prep part 1
Now that the tank is done its time to get the fairings tackled. Adding some heat protection to the side fairings. The belly pan already comes with some from Ilmberger.

Added some stickers to the lower fairing.
All the Ducati race bikes have this decal on the belly pan. I guess to get some advertising even when they crash. :ROFLMAO:
This decal is 340mm X 63mm

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Fairings prep part 1
Now that the tank is done its time to get the fairings tackled. Adding some heat protection to the side fairings. The belly pan already comes with some from Ilmberger.

Added some stickers to the lower fairing.
All the Ducati race bikes have this decal on the belly pan. I guess to get some advertising even when they crash. :ROFLMAO:
This decal is 340mm X 63mm
Hi HKMP7,
I also want to put those white Ducati sticker at the bottom of my Peter Lieb Carbon Belly Pan, and I already purchased a sticker from the V4R side fairing for it.
May I know where did you get your sticker? I haven't measured the space available on my belly pan, but just want to know if I can have other options if the size is allow.
Thanks

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Fairings prep part 3
Removed the fairings again after the post paint test fit now its time to enhance them.
Here is the process.
Spray the fairings down with Gyeon prep. Its alcohol based to remove oils.
Tape off the edges with 3M 471 to protect them while wet sanding. I'm using 2000 grit to flattening the paint (remove orange peel) and remove any defects.
After wet sanding.

Once the wet sanding is done you have to remove the sanding marks.
For this I'm using Carpro Ultra cut on a 3'' microfiber pad on the Rupes LHR 75e on speed 4 with light pressure.
This will remove the sanding scratches but will leave marring from the compound and pad.
The marring will be tackled with Sonax perfect finish on a 3'' yellow foam pad on the Rupes LHR 75e speed 4 moderate pressure.
Last step is Jescar micro finishing polish on a 3'' white pad on the Rupes LHR 75e speed 5 light pressure.
Here are the results.

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Wow, look at that Shine, Gloss, Glow and Reflection, it's so bright I need to wear darkglasses 😎 🥰
I just bookmarked your post above for my reference and guide to polish my fairing, Many Thanks HKMP7 😍

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
@HKMP7 Are you using a sanding block with the 2000 grit?
I'm using several types mostly machine sanding. The tight areas are done by hand.
For the ibrid nano I use these
1647033439419.png
For the LHR 75e I use these
1647033476670.png
For the tight areas near the gills I do it by hand and use KxK dynamics. The sanding blocks have different cores to get different pressure.
White harder core black softer core.
1647033560451.png

Last edited:

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Updated Office
The office is nearing completion here are couple of new additions. Still deciding on which triple clamp kit but here are the controls.
Brembo Remote Adjuster
This part is not necessary but I love having it for convenience and it looks trick.

Replaced the bolts with Proti

CNC Racing left handlebar switch
Here is my custom switch for the left handlebar all black buttons and one red button just like on my start/stop switch.
I got the Pramac edition because I'm a fan of Zarco and Martin!

IMA clipons

I just tested my Ducabike clipon, it literally transformed the bike. The steer is so precise now! So much more room! Elbow dragging might be feasibe now….😂

share Your notes with me when you get a chance.