HKMP7's V4S Journal

craig bush

I have the IMA clips they are wildly annoying to adjust, very hard to get to the bolts
Two questions if you don’t mind. :)

Are folks frequently adjusting their clip-ons? I consider them pretty much “set and forget”.

If you’re adjusting frequently enough that this is a meaningful annoyance, what’s the upside to the IMA’s - why have them over a set that’s easier to adjust?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member

Are folks frequently adjusting their clip-ons? I consider them pretty much “set and forget”.

If you’re adjusting frequently enough that this is a meaningful annoyance, what’s the upside to the IMA’s - why have them over a set that’s easier to adjust?
I haven't put mine on yet. But I normally set the clipons very close to stock and then leave them. So I don't anticipate that being a huge deal for me.

craig bush

I haven't put mine on yet. But I normally set the clipons very close to stock and then leave them. So I don't anticipate that being a huge deal for me.
The look to be high quality pieces. My buddy has them on his v4r. I’ve considered getting them (even though I couldn’t discern any difference when he let me ride his bike).

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member

with the stock subframe & reservoirs/mounts I have almost no adjustability on my ima bars purely at full lock position each way. I would like to be able to fiddle with position & angle of the bars to see if I can make the ergonomics & controls a bit more comfortable.
to be honest I think there might be better options than ima for the clip ons as the bars mount further forward than some others which make movement a bit cramped.
I reckon the way the Ducabike are manufactured might leave a bit more room for setup. Far less bulky although this potentially has its own drawbacks too.

The ima adjustments are super easy tho, just loosen that big nut to change the angle or two small hex bolts to rotate forward or back on the fork.
A17266A2-F428-4510-878D-499FF7B15272.jpeg
A2F38612-DC3E-40A5-8960-B244625EE48A.jpeg

Andy7

Staff member
I’m excited to see what Bautista can do this year. Things might finally click into place for Ducati now he’s back on some elite machinery.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Touch of Color
When I got the carbon fairings I knew I wasn't going to leave them raw carbon. I have a friend that works at a paint shop (Spooky Fast Customs Scottsdale AZ ) so I paid him a visit last year lol. I was waiting on 1 piece to come from Ilmberger so it delayed the painting process.

They were super busy when I got the fairings over to them. But here is a update!

Andy7

Staff member
Ultimate flex if you paint that carbon tank silver 😂 Who'd you buy the fairings off?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ultimate flex if you paint that carbon tank silver 😂 Who'd you buy the fairings off?
Lol I didn't go with silver I didn't want to have a "fake R" :ROFLMAO:.
I got the fairing from Ilmberger direct before we had forum sponsors. Now Brad @MOTION SBK can help us source these.

Andy7

Staff member
Fake R with SL dual winglets - No one will know 😉
Very easy to see the premium quality of the Ilmberger even through photos. My fullsix bottom fairing doesn’t look as nice as that

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
When Triple T suspension installed your Motocorse fork bottom, did he reuse the O-Ring inside the stock Ohlins fork bottom? or did he replace with a different size O-Ring?
The reason I asked is because Brad (MotionSBK) just pointed out to me the O-Ring sizes are different between our Ohlins EC and Ohlins FGRT, and Motocorse offer this fork bottom as a complete kit with the FGRT...
Do you happen to know the O-Ring sizes?
I just emailed Motocorse directly but they are usually slow to respond, so I thought I asked you.
Thanks

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi HKMP7,
When Triple T suspension installed your Motocorse fork bottom, did he reuse the O-Ring inside the stock Ohlins fork bottom? or did he replace with a different size O-Ring?
The reason I asked is because Brad (MotionSBK) just pointed out to me the O-Ring sizes are different between our Ohlins EC and Ohlins FGRT, and Motocorse offer this fork bottom as a complete kit with the FGRT...
Do you happen to know the O-Ring sizes?
I just emailed Motocorse directly but they are usually slow to respond, so I thought I asked you.
Thanks
I know that he didn’t reuse the o-rings.
Because he had to order new ones. I don’t know what sizes was used tho.
Before I ordered the fork bottoms I emailed motocorse they said it used the factory o-rings. :unsure:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I know that he didn’t reuse the o-rings.
Because he had to order new ones. I don’t know what sizes was used tho.
Before I ordered the fork bottoms I emailed motocorse they said it used the factory o-rings. :unsure:
I emailed Alberto from Motocorse with super specific size question (millimeter specific) a few minutes ago, so hopefully he will confirm more specific and I will share it back here.
Thanks again HKMP7

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I just received the official answer for the O-Rings used inside the Billet Fork Bottom/Caliper Bracket from Motocorse, screenshot below:

1645554534162.png