HKMP7's V4S Journal

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
Spider! It looks more substantial, well thought out and very purposefull. You already know I'm a huge fan of the Spider. Second would bt the STM, third would be the carbon Pac-Man cover.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
DP Aluminum is my actually favorite, followed by DP Carbon, then STM.
Although the spider should be the most functional in term of cooling and protection, I just think it looks a bit too "organic" like it was part of a living animal... like a sea shell ... and I don't like sea food 🥴

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Raceseat issue
So after using the raceseat I noticed that the front of the seat flexes a bit and touches the tank. With prolong use this will rub the paint off the tank so here's my solution.
I took some adhesive backed foam and put it on the corners. Hopefully this solves the problem.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Brakeline installed
I got the new line installed and bled with Castrol SRF fluid.

I added some more protection to the autosport connector.

After I finish bleeding the brakes I thoroughly clean everything.
I also clean out the bleed screws were brake fluid likes to settle.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Updated Office
The office is nearing completion here are couple of new additions. Still deciding on which triple clamp kit but here are the controls.
Brembo Remote Adjuster
This part is not necessary but I love having it for convenience and it looks trick.

Replaced the bolts with Proti

CNC Racing left handlebar switch
Here is my custom switch for the left handlebar all black buttons and one red button just like on my start/stop switch.
I got the Pramac edition because I'm a fan of Zarco and Martin!

IMA clipons

Last edited:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Updated Office
The office is nearing completion here are couple of new additions. Still deciding on which triple clamp kit but here are the controls.
Brembo Remote Adjuster
This part is not necessary but I love having it for convenience and it looks trick.

Replaced the bolts with Proti

CNC Racing left handlebar switch
Here is my custom switch for the left handlebar all black buttons and one red button just like on my start/stop switch.
I got the Pramac edition because I'm a fan of Zarco and Martin!

IMA clipons

I believe, this is the cleanest, trick, most powerful looking office in DUCATImodified world :love:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
That red button activates warp speed function?
More than satisfied with my IMA clamps & not bad pricing. I think you might have a few extra options being on a V4 so potentially a better option for your application.
*edit* I went back through the first 1/2 dozen pages and saw you had the ducabike & the ‘HKMP7’ branded Melotti top triple. Are you trying to find a lower that will work with those existing units?

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
How does the STM minimal cover look with the fairings on ?

(amazing build !)
Thanks! We will find out shortly too cold to ride here so I didn't bother putting the bike back together.
I believe, this is the cleanest, trick, most powerful looking office in DUCATImodified world :love:
Thanks @BMW Alpina more things to come.
That red button activates warp speed function?
More than satisfied with my IMA clamps & not bad pricing. I think you might have a few extra options being on a V4 so potentially a better option for your application.
*edit* I went back through the first 1/2 dozen pages and saw you had the ducabike & the ‘HKMP7’ branded Melotti top triple. Are you trying to find a lower that will work with those existing units?
The red button reduces TC so you better know what you are doing if you press it lol. I'm planning to replace the whole triple setup.
I want to make sure whichever one I go with plays well with the other parts. IMA is leading in votes right now. Still a lot of sleepless nights trying to figure out the reservoirs tho. 🥴 :ROFLMAO:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Oh cool, are the sleepless nights a result of not knowing which ones you want or actually mounting them in a way which gives you adjustability with the handlebars still? 😅
I’m not sure how the clearance on the v4 is like vs the 1299 but @Lucati had a good result mounting his reservoirs with the ima clip ons.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Oh cool, are the sleepless nights a result of not knowing which ones you want or actually mounting them in a way which gives you adjustability with the handlebars still? 😅
I’m not sure how the clearance on the v4 is like vs the 1299 but @Lucati had a good result mounting his reservoirs with the ima clip ons.
Exactly. The issue is not having a proven mounting solution. Making sure it’s going to be trouble free. Worst thing about running race parts is usually the ease of setup. A lot of figuring out.

Last edited: