DUCATI Panigale V4 25Β° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
More ProTi weekend today 😜:

Attached the ProTi bolts and Nuts on the radiator bracket, Radiator itself, ABS mounting nuts and Fuel Filter Canister Bracket:
IMG_9273.JPGIMG_9274.JPG

IMG_9275.JPGIMG_9276.JPG

IMG_9270.JPG

Remove the Front Exhaust Manifold to gain access to all the bolts behind it,
Before and AFTER
IMG_9271.JPGIMG_9293.JPG

Replacing the NUTS on the Steering Stopper to ProTi so now all the bolts on the lower triple clamp had been change to ProTi Titanium:
IMG_9265.JPG IMG_9267.JPG
IMG_9266.JPG

Then replace the remaining M8 lower front crankcase bolts to ProTi (torque it to 25Nm):
IMG_9288.JPG

Replaced the Oil Plug bolts on both Front and Rear Cylinder Head with ProTi Titanium (also replace the cooper washer),
Before and AFTER
IMG_9285.JPGIMG_9287.JPG

and on the REAR cylinder head too:
IMG_9292.JPG

Replace the bolt on the Oil Hose from the Oil Cooler with ProTi Titanium Bolts too:
IMG_9289.JPG

Measured the stock bolts on the Starter Motor and M6 bolts for the front lower crankcase, and after this, I think I already bought all the bolts on the engine.
The only thing I can't change is the NUT for the exhaust manifold since it require an M6 NUTS with 8mm hex head, and ProTi does not make M6 nuts that small:
IMG_9290.JPGIMG_9291.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This forum is getting more active, everybody is kicking up their BUILD several notch higher...
I need to catch up 😜 so........

I decided to work over time tonight:

Installing the lower triple clamp with the CNC Racing Titanium Stem Nut, torque it to around 35Nm:

IMG_9295.JPGIMG_9296.JPG

Then I realized, I need to align the DIMPLES on the MotoCorse Steering Cover with the center of the steering because that DIMPLES rotate along with the steering !!!
I remember @PanigalePilot once asked me how do you install the MotoCorse Steering Cover, so it act almost like a washer, so you place it below the steering stem nut and the steering stem nut press against it.
This means, you need to add the SHELL GADUS grease below the surface of the MotoCorse Cover and also on the thread of the CNC Racing Titanium Steering Nut and the surface where both made contact.

Alignment process, even used RED Sharpie to help:
IMG_9297.JPG

After a few try, and to follow the 35Nm plus minus 5% torque finally the center position is between the DIMPLES, well not the picture below because the picture below was still not align between the dimples but just for illustration purposes:

IMG_9298.JPG'

Oh, the Melotti Racing Steering Stem Nut tool is amazing for the stock Stem Nut, however the CNC Racing Steering Titanium Stem Nut holes were not large enough for the Melotti Racing Steering Stem Nut Tools, so I had to enlarge all 8 holes carefully using the hardest drill bit tonight (I forget to take pictures when I drill it). I also drill from BEHIND the steering stem nut surface so if I slip, it will not scratch the top surface. No big deal, once I drill it with 4.5mm drill bit, it fit PERFECTLY πŸ₯³

Then I decided, why stop... so I go one step further πŸ˜‡
Install the Melotti Racing Upper Triple clamp that I bought so many months ago, of course, with all ProTi Titanium Bolts too 😎😜

IMG_9304.JPG

IMG_9306.JPG

IMG_9307.JPG

IMG_9308.JPG
I want to say Thank You so much to Diego @Melotti Racing and Luca @CNC_Racing for all their help with this 2 special parts !!!
Diego willing to customize the laser marking for my application and do amazing job, and Luca also help me to start producing the Titanium Stem Nut right after I made my first inquiry.
I am so happy with the result 😌

Pete T

Staff member
"Then I decided, why stop... "
Howard, this should be the title of your thread πŸ˜ƒ.
Congrats on your choices. That combination of Melotti, CNC, MotoCorse and Proti components works beautifully.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
"Then I decided, why stop... "
Howard, this should be the title of your thread πŸ˜ƒ.
Congrats on your choices. That combination of Melotti, CNC, MotoCorse and Proti components works beautifully.
Very nice combination and visual result!!:love:
CongratsπŸ‘πŸ‘
Thanks @Pete T and @Duc_tmmc
I really appreciate your kind words :love:

This evening I am focus on "UPGRADING" the front sub frame area ;)

First, I replace all the Bolts and Nuts that hold the IMU sensor on the front subframe. All the Rubber Damper/Silent Block need 3Nm of torque when you tightened the M5 nut. Only the 2 M6 bolts/nuts that hold the IMU unit itself need 4Nm and Loctite medium.
All bolts/nuts is ProTi of course:
IMG_9325.JPGIMG_9327.JPG

By the way, I also weight this M5 Nuts find the stock nuts weight 2 grams while the ProTi nuts must weight around 1 grams or less because our family weigh machine does not have capability to show anything below 1 grames πŸ™ƒ:
IMG_9309.JPGIMG_9311.JPG
IMG_9310.JPGIMG_9312.JPG

Next step is installing the long awaited CUSTOM Gold Anodized, Custom LASERMARKED BONAMICI RACING Dashboard Protector :

IMG_9328.JPGIMG_9330.JPG

I also had direct screen protector on the Dashboard (instrument panel) it self which is why the picture below show that white "front ultra clear" sticker... which I will peel off to reveal the protector surface:
IMG_9329.JPG

I also install the Plexiglass that came with the Bonamici Dashboard Protector. The 4 bolts that hold the Plexiglass also upgraded to ProTi Titanium Bolt but in Titanium SILVER color to create contrast with the gold anodized Bonamici Dashboard Protector.
IMG_9343.JPGIMG_9344.JPG

IMG_9345.JPG

Note the Custom LASER MARKING "DUCATI PERFORMANCE" logo instead of the original Bonamici Racing laser marking left is before Plexiglass, right is after plexiglass:
IMG_9331.JPGIMG_9341.JPG

And COMPLETED Pictures πŸ˜ŽπŸ€“:

IMG_9333.JPGIMG_9334.JPG

IMG_9337.JPGIMG_9342.JPG
IMG_9339.JPGIMG_9340.JPG

EDITED to show the weights of the M5 Nuts

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The CNC Machined 7075-T6 Black Anodized Aluminum Bracket for the front brake line distributor arrived and will replace my 3D printed bracket :cool::

IMG_9367.JPGIMG_9368.JPG

Left CNC machined aluminum vs. right plastic:
IMG_9369.JPGIMG_9370.JPG

Installed on the lower triple clamp:
IMG_9371.JPGIMG_9372.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I decided to install more parts today πŸ‘‘
Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Dashboard cover

First, I attached the GPS cover and secure it with the ProTi Titanium bolts and Loctite Medium just to make sure:

IMG_9381.JPG

Then test fit them, it's quite tricky, you need to maneuver and slightly bend the carbon fiber cover to fit between the 2 "horns" or the front magnesium sub-frame:

IMG_9382.JPG

Then install the 2 side pieces and secure them with Proti Titanium bolts (3Nm torque)
IMG_9383.JPGIMG_9384.JPG

SECURED with 4 ProTi Titanium Bolts:
IMG_9385.JPG

IMG_9386.JPGIMG_9387.JPG
IMG_9388.JPGIMG_9389.JPG

IMG_9390.JPGIMG_9391.JPG

The the FINAL Finishing Touch, Ducati Corse Emblem on top of the GPS Cover. The reason why I attached it to the GPS Cover instead of the normal lower part location is because on my bike, the lower end of the windscreen came with Ducati Corse logo.
Yes, the Ducati Corse logo on my bike is on the windscreen, not on the dashboard cover like normal Panigale V4R.
and since my bike also came with the "FOGGY" sticker, the Foggy Sticker actually covered the ducati corse logo on the winscreen... confusing right...
anyway, to make my Ducati Corse emblem visible, I need to put it higher and the GPS cover is the PERFECT location for my application.

The Ducati Corse logo is "CURVED" so eventhough it came from the factory with double tape, I need to add more/thicker 3M double tape to the center part (curved part) otherwise, it won't stick. I can of course use EPOXY, but this will destroy the carbon fiber surface and I don't want to do that.
IMG_9392.JPGIMG_9393.JPG

Multiple layer of 3M double tape added to over come the "curvature":
IMG_9394.JPG

INSTALLED πŸ˜ƒ

IMG_9395.JPGIMG_9396.JPG
IMG_9397.JPG

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hey BMW Alpina,
Some great work there. Makes me want to rush out to the workshop to attach some pieces. I have so much stuff to fit and boxes full of Proti replacements. Seeing your pics inspires me to get to work on it. One of the problems with 2 jobs I guess. No time. :(.

I am keen also on the Meloti triple as you have used. I like the weight saving. I always get a kick out weighing stuff and I keep a log of savings. I will detail some of these in future posts. I have a lot of previous work to catch up on in posts.

Great pics.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This weekend (actually the entire week since Tuesday), like most American, we are all glued to the TV, sleep late at night and wake up early in the morning just to be glued to the TV again πŸ€ͺ
Roller coaster emotion and really exhausting πŸ₯΄ , well because our family care about our future here in the USA πŸ€“πŸ₯³πŸ‡ΊπŸ‡Έ
So I spent most of the day today sleeping and only wake up at 5pm Sunday evening...
Then I feel FREE knowing that the "American Show" finally came to an end, but also guilty for not doing anything to my beloved bike this weekend πŸ˜…

To redeem my guilt, I decided to install the Samco Hose to the Thermostat assembly, just so I can feel like I accomplish something this weekend πŸ˜‰πŸ˜Œ

I purchased BMW Antifreeze coolant a few months ago but since this time I only need the coolant as "lubricant" to slide the hose, I decided to use my half full Prestone instead πŸ˜‡
IMG_9406.JPG

I don't want to use GREASE, especially petroleum based since it will contaminated the coolant, I also don't want to use Silicone Grease since it might bonded together with the silicone hose since they are both silicone...
so the coolant (with glycol material) is the best solution.

Dipped my finger into the coolant container:
IMG_9408.JPG

Smear/Lube the coolant on both the thermostat and the inside of the hose:
IMG_9407.JPGIMG_9409.JPG

And the hose slide in easily, except the longest hose because apparently, Samco did not pre-widen the opening long enough (yes long enough), so it did not slide all the way.
After struggling, I decided to use Toyota Rubber Grease (glycol and soap base) and it slide in all the way, then while holding it, I asked my son to tighten the band clamp to hold it.

The band clamp, I use Mikalor Stainless Steel in W5 (highest stainless steel grade available) with 16-27mm size for smaller hose, and 25-40mm size for larger hose.
This band clamp has smooth inner surface so it will not tear into the silicone hose surface. The only band clamp that is better than this one is the TITANIUM Mikalor band clamp, but they cost very very expensive like around 70euro PER clamp yap, that is NOT a mistype,
so as crazy as I am with Titanium material, I am not that crazy πŸ€ͺ

IMG_9415.JPGIMG_9416.JPG

Here are the pictures, I am also glad that I choose ORANGE color because it looks really nice and will provide good contrast with the RED and BLACK Fairing on my bike 😎🀩
Plus according to ANSI (American National Standards Institute) and American Society of Mechanical Engineers (ASME), ORANGE color signify DANGER πŸ˜‰πŸ˜πŸ‘Š

IMG_9410.JPGIMG_9411.JPG

IMG_9412.JPGIMG_9413.JPG
IMG_9414.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I really wish you did not tell me there were Ti clamps available. This might cost me a lot of money. LOL :unsure:

I really like the orange colour. (y)
Hi PanigalePilot,
Just to make it easy for you, in case you can't hold the temptation anymore 😁
Here is the link to purchase: Mikalor ASFA-S Titanium - 12 mm - DIN 3017 Hose Clamp
(I also purchase my stainless steel Mikalor from this same store, very fast shipping)

and here is the link from Mikalor (the manufacturer) for their Titanium clamp:
http://www.mikalor.com/asfa-ti-titanium-worm-drive-clip-eng?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Also @HKMP7 , I just want to point out that the Mikalor Ti band clamp, came in BLACK color, "just sayin" πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
😁😁😁

mikalor-mikalor-asfa-s-titanium-12-mm-hose-clamp1.jpg
mikalor-mikalor-asfa-s-titanium-12-mm-hose-clamp.jpg

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hi PanigalePilot,
Just to make it easy for you, in case you can't hold the temptation anymore 😁
Here is the link to purchase: Mikalor ASFA-S Titanium - 12 mm - DIN 3017 Hose Clamp
(I also purchase my stainless steel Mikalor from this same store, very fast shipping)

and here is the link from Mikalor (the manufacturer) for their Titanium clamp:
http://www.mikalor.com/asfa-ti-titanium-worm-drive-clip-eng?AspxAutoDetectCookieSupport=1

Also @HKMP7 , I just want to point out that the Mikalor Ti band clamp, came in BLACK color, "just sayin" πŸ˜πŸ˜‰
😁😁😁

View attachment 1825
View attachment 1826
Great. Looks like I will have to buy at least one to make a weight comparison. Could get very expensive if I start finding more hose clamps on the bike while I have the fairings off. LOL :LOL:

One of the things about Ti that I learned very early as I was learning about the different metals and weights is that Ti is lighter than steel but heavier than most alloys. Back in about 2014 when I started to get into the weight loss thing, I purchased a CNC Racing front axle nut. Weighed it, took the alloy off and put on my shiny new CNC Racing Ti nut. After everything was all lined up and wheel all true I thought I wonder what the OEM one weighs. Well guess what. The OEM one was lighter by about 10 grams I think. So a few weeks later when working on the bike again I put the OEM back on. The CNC Ti one is in my drawer of spares. Not the same with the rear axle nut though. The OEM is steel so the CNC Racing Ti version is on the bike and saved about 40% over stock and is very pretty too. :)

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The HealTech Exhaust Servo Eliminator arrives today, so I guess, my bike is ready if somehow I decided to purchase a NON official exhaust (non Akrapovic with the official Ducati MAP)... you know just in case 😜

IMG_9418.JPG