DUCATI Panigale V4 25Β° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
The Starter Motor Heat Protector/Cover for the older 2018 Panigale V4 arrived πŸ€“
IMG_9422.JPG

I will have to wait until the ProTi Titanium Bolts that hold the starter motor arrived before I can install this heat protector, but this will come handy if somehow I decided to purchase an aftermarket non Akrapovic Exhaust system that came without any heat shield on the exhaust manifold πŸ˜‰
The larger round hole on the picture above show that this heat shield have rubber bushing where the main ground wire pass through and I purchased the rubber bushing too 🧐

another picture below, show the largest hole where the positive wire goes through:
IMG_9423.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
the Longer 23mm Titanium Banjo Bolt from MCET Germany finally arrived today πŸ˜€, Excellent Quality, even pre-heated to show how it turn blue 😎,
This should fit the Staubli thicker banjo quick disconnect perfectly.

IMG_9447.JPGIMG_9448.JPG

Also, the official Ducati Sprocket Carbon Fiber cover arrived (this was back ordered for 8 months !!!) πŸ˜‰:
IMG_9449.JPGIMG_9450.JPG
IMG_9451.JPG

I also bought the original Ducati SPARE Tail Fairing for the 916 Anniversario bike model, since I painted my original tail fairings with the "number 1". This Spare Tail Fairing is just for "originality purposes",πŸ˜‰:
IMG_9458.JPG

Also, to make sure the bike will be SAFELY GUARDED, I just come back from Oregon with my family today, to pick up the latest member of our family in charge of SECURING the PERIMETER
Well, he might be ready in about 1 year from now, but for sure, he already "Accidentally Marked The Perimeter" right after he arrived, if you know what I mean 🀩πŸ₯³πŸ˜:
IMG_9456.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Dang those banjos are nice!
Pup has some paws on him already
Thanks @Lucati πŸ˜ƒ

Yes he has big paws, hopefully he can grow big like his dad (100lbs) 🐢
I wake up 4 times last night to take him to our backyard to relieve himself... feel like having another son :LOL:
I bought this dog so my sons can grow up with an experience raising a puppy and feel the responsiblity, but looks like it's going to be mostly my wife and me raising our dog,
since both my sons can't wake up in the middle of the night and continue sleeping when our puppy start asking to go to our backyard hahaha

Anyway, I hope I can do something on my bike today, but maybe not much update until next week since I had to teach my sons how to deal with the puppy...
My target for my bike next week is to start the solid cooper brake line project !!!

POMPLARDPANAM

the Longer 23mm Titanium Banjo Bolt from MCET Germany finally arrived today πŸ˜€, Excellent Quality, even pre-heated to show how it turn blue 😎,
This should fit the Staubli thicker banjo quick disconnect perfectly.

View attachment 1951View attachment 1952

Also, the official Ducati Sprocket Carbon Fiber cover arrived (this was back ordered for 8 months !!!) πŸ˜‰:
View attachment 1953View attachment 1954
View attachment 1955

I also bought the original Ducati SPARE Tail Fairing for the 916 Anniversario bike model, since I painted my original tail fairings with the "number 1". This Spare Tail Fairing is just for "originality purposes",πŸ˜‰:
View attachment 1956

Also, to make sure the bike will be SAFELY GUARDED, I just come back from Oregon with my family today, to pick up the latest member of our family in charge of SECURING the PERIMETER
Well, he might be ready in about 1 year from now, but for sure, he already "Accidentally Marked The Perimeter" right after he arrived, if you know what I mean 🀩πŸ₯³πŸ˜:
View attachment 1957
Yeah cute puppy my bro

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Mid Saturday update 😁:

Installing Thermostat Assembly and Samco hose:
First notice on the original hose there is a white square mark:
IMG_9477.JPG

I aligned the old hose with the new Samco Hose and Mark the Samco Hose with sharpie at the same location of the white square mark on the original hose:
IMG_9478.JPG

Then I aligned the Sharpie Mark on the Samco Hose to the plastic tab on the Thermostat for correct/ideal angle/orientation of the hose:
IMG_9479.JPG

Then I make sure the Mikalor Clamps also have the same orientation as recommended by the Ducati Service Manual, this will make it easy if someday, somehow I need to remove this Samco hose without taking out the airbox again:
IMG_9480.JPGIMG_9482.JPG

Then connect the hose to the Cylinder Block Nipple and tighten the Mikalor clamps to 2.5Nm:
IMG_9487.JPG IMG_9498.JPG

After that install the left side Samco Hose again with Mikalor clamps and 2.5nm torque to tighten it:
IMG_9495.JPGIMG_9499.JPG
IMG_9501.JPG

I can't install the throttle body and airbox yet because I am still waiting for more Samco hoses (not part of this kit) that I buy separately for the remaining smaller rubber hoses. It should arrive from UK by early December...

Also, I can't install my radiator yet, because I am waiting for some ProTi bolts that hold the lower crankcase and the engine starter motor which are behind the radiator. The ProTi Titanium bolts should arrived this Monday.
So... I think I am going to start with my solid brake line project today πŸ§πŸ€“πŸ˜Ž

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Today is SOLID COOPER Brake Line Day πŸ˜ƒ:

First measure the length of the solid STOCK Ducati brake line that is on the swing arm:
IMG_9505.JPG

Take out the Earl's Cooper line and Marked with sharpie where to cut:
IMG_9508.JPGIMG_9507.JPG

After I cut it, it's still CURVED:
IMG_9506.JPG

So use the Earl's Straightening tool, but need to assembled the bracket first so I can secure it on the vise:

IMG_9510.JPGIMG_9511.JPG

Then start using it to straightened the solid cooper line:
IMG_9512.JPGIMG_9513.JPG

Compare the flexible stock ducati hose to the rear caliper with my Goodridge 700 Series Aramid line plus the Staubli Banjo and Disconnect assembly, then I realize, that the Staubli made it much longer...🧐
IMG_9514.JPG

So I decided to "adjust" the way the solid cooper brake line bend, and turn out this is a blessing in disguise because the longer Goodridge/Staubli line allow for less bending of the solid cooper line where it met with the Goodridge/Staubli.
Left picture is the way stock line clamped to the swing arm, right picture is the new better way:
IMG_9516.JPGIMG_9535.JPG

By the way, that clamp also hold the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Shark Fin lower Chain Guard, so I decide to test fit it to make sure it will not interfere with the brake line, and it is not πŸ˜ƒ
IMG_9531.JPG

Now, here is how I made the Flaring using Earl's Flaring Tool. Since this is Metric Connection, I choose DIN Bubble Style of Flaring (37 degree):
IMG_9522.JPGIMG_9523.JPG

Here is the result, with the TITANIUM Metric Male Nut (right picture). That Titanium Nut is very rare, and I am lucky to find source for it from UK:
IMG_9524.JPGIMG_9525.JPG

IMG_9527.JPG

Time to test fit to make sure it will not interfere with the wheel:
IMG_9532.JPG

Using Earl's bending tool, (and my hand) I start to bend and form the curve for the Solid Cooper Line:
IMG_9537.JPGIMG_9536.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
End Result, first picture comparing it to the stock line:
IMG_9538.JPG

Then I modify it more to confirm with the swing arm's curve and did not interfere with the lower chain slider/protector:
IMG_9550.JPGIMG_9544.JPG

IMG_9545.JPGIMG_9548.JPG

I connect the second Goodridge Series 700 Aramid Hose that near the swing arm pivot, to allow the hose to flex and follow the swing arm movement:
IMG_9549.JPG

Now, I still need to MIRROR Polish this SOLID COOPER line so it will be SHINY 😎🀩😜

But I am too tired today, so I think I will do it this weekend πŸ˜‰

POMPLARDPANAM

Mid Saturday update 😁:

Installing Thermostat Assembly and Samco hose:
First notice on the original hose there is a white square mark:
View attachment 1978

I aligned the old hose with the new Samco Hose and Mark the Samco Hose with sharpie at the same location of the white square mark on the original hose:
View attachment 1979

Then I aligned the Sharpie Mark on the Samco Hose to the plastic tab on the Thermostat for correct/ideal angle/orientation of the hose:
View attachment 1980

Then I make sure the Mikalor Clamps also have the same orientation as recommended by the Ducati Service Manual, this will make it easy if someday, somehow I need to remove this Samco hose without taking out the airbox again:
View attachment 1981View attachment 1982

Then connect the hose to the Cylinder Block Nipple and tighten the Mikalor clamps to 2.5Nm:
View attachment 1983 View attachment 1984

After that install the left side Samco Hose again with Mikalor clamps and 2.5nm torque to tighten it:
View attachment 1985View attachment 1986
View attachment 1987

I can't install the throttle body and airbox yet because I am still waiting for more Samco hoses (not part of this kit) that I buy separately for the remaining smaller rubber hoses. It should arrive from UK by early December...

Also, I can't install my radiator yet, because I am waiting for some ProTi bolts that hold the lower crankcase and the engine starter motor which are behind the radiator. The ProTi Titanium bolts should arrived this Monday.
So... I think I am going to start with my solid brake line project today πŸ§πŸ€“πŸ˜Ž
Hi yeah my bro Samco Hoses from UK i'm gonna have it too nice upgrades against the heat of the πŸ• PizzaπŸ•

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi yeah my bro Samco Hoses from UK i'm gonna have it too nice upgrades against the heat of the πŸ• PizzaπŸ•
Thank POMPLARDPANAM πŸ˜€

@BMW Alpina keeps raising the "bar" pun intended. lol
That looks so awesome can't wait to see the final product.
Thanks HKMP7 πŸ˜ƒ
just want to let you know that I am losing my breath here trying to catch up with you πŸ˜…

By the way,
I keep feeling that the SOLID Copper line that I did last night was not perfect (in term of bending/curves),
so I decided to create a new line. The most visible differences was on the area where it connect to the last hose before the rear caliper.
The left picture is the last night line and the right picture is the UPDATED IMPROVED line, I just like my line to be as straight as possible 😁
IMG_9552.JPG

Plus, on this corner here, the pipe bend is right at the center of the opening of the plastic cover, make it more symmetrical πŸ€“:
IMG_9553.JPG

and at the end, I give a few mm more spacing between The Titanium Nut and the end of the plastic cover allowing a bit extra room to tightened the hose and the solid cooper line:
IMG_9555.JPG

Then I proceed to TEST Polishing, that is when I realize this solid cooper line is NOT Pure Copper but it's a Copper Nickel Alloy so when I polished it, it actually show more Shiny Nickel then Red/Gold Cooper hue.
This is a SETBACK and not what I expect, but I don't want to use PURE Cooper line since those are NOT strong enough for brake line purposes...

So what should I do?....
Hmmm, then I realize, hey, why don't I mirror polished it then paint it with the RED Anodized Paint just like the rear suspension link...
so I test paint it with just one layer, and you can see the differences in color between the non polish dull cooper color (left side) to the polish nickel color (center near the Titanium Nut) and last the RED anodized paint on top of the polished nickel color surface (right side):

IMG_9560.JPG

And here how it looks like with the black swing arm as the background. Again note that this is just a test paint and I only spray 1 layer. I will continue mirror polishing all the surface then I will paint it more 😁
note on the picture below, you can see at the bottom of the picture, the same red anodized painted rear suspension link as color comparison purposes.

IMG_9561.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
My puppy woke me up early and then I can't sleep anymore, so.... I am looking for Black Friday deals and remember I might need a Front Triple Tree Lift Stand ...
Initially, I want to purchase the Pierobon front stand: V4-1199/899/959/1299 front stand : Pierobon Frames - frames and accessories for motorcycle

But then I remember I used to be the distributor of Valter Moto Components 20 years ago, and they were a very nice supplier of mine, so I decided to check their website.

Happy to found Valter Moto Components currently have 20% Black Friday Discount plus the purpose of all this entire build was for a trip down memory lane so as much as I like the Pierobon front stand design more,
I end up went with sentimental choice and ordered the Valter Moto Components Front Triple Tree Lift Stand and the Panigale V4 Specific Pivot,
because maybe 15 years from now, I can tell my grandchildren that grandpa used to sell this stand back in our country of origin and share my life experience with them 😌

VMC Store - RACE Front Triple Tree Lift (Pivot Not Enclosed)
and
VMC Store - Pivot Panigale V4 for CAV06

cav0610_00.jpgcav0610_m.jpg

note: they also have the TITANIUM Version if you are so inclined toward Titanium πŸ˜‰
VMC Store - TITANIUM Front T. Tree Lift (Pivot Not Enclosed)

007_1.jpgcav06w_05_1.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I just received another batch of ProTi Titanium Bolts shipment so I decided to install them today (and tomorrow).

I start with the rear subframe for today, every single bolts and nuts on the rear subframe had been replaced with ProTi equivalent 🧐 :

The pictures show the step by step I took when replacing every single bolts/nuts:
IMG_9577.JPGIMG_9580.JPG
IMG_9578.JPGIMG_9579.JPG

IMG_9581.JPG

The 2 screws that hold the GPS module were self-tapping screws, so I also use a self-tapping screw equivalent from ProTi:
IMG_9582.JPGIMG_9583.JPG
IMG_9584.JPG

IMG_9585.JPGIMG_9586.JPG

IMG_9587.JPGIMG_9588.JPG

IMG_9589.JPGIMG_9590.JPG

Since the gas tank bracket was anodized in Gold, I choose the Titanium Silver color for the ProTi Titanium Bolt to create contrast :cool::

IMG_9591.JPGIMG_9592.JPG

IMG_9593.JPGIMG_9595.JPG

IMG_9596.JPGIMG_9594.JPG

continue below.....

BMW Alpina

Staff member
IMG_9597.JPGIMG_9598.JPGIMG_9600.JPG

Few weeks ago, I started replacing the self-tapping screws on the Radiator Fan Bracket, but I only bought 6 ProTi Self-Tapping Screws at that time, so now I finally bought another 6 screws and now it is complete:

IMG_9602.JPGIMG_9603.JPG

IMG_9601.JPG

Also, I purchase ProTi Bolts KIT for the rear Brembo caliper, however, I don't like the shape of the head from that kit, I prefer a larger diameter head so it will provide more even clamping pressure, plus it just looks better,
so this time, I purchase bolts not from the ProTi official KIT for rear caliper but I spec them myself:

The bolt with larger head diameter is the one I spec myself, the smaller head diameter one was from ProTi official KIT for rear caliper:
IMG_9605.JPGIMG_9606.JPG

Left picture show a both gold color bolt but one is smaller and one is larger head, while the right picture show both had been replace with larger head diameter bolts:
IMG_9604.JPGIMG_9607.JPG

Last for today, eventhough I will replace my stock exhaust with the SC-Project WSBK exhaust, however, I still one to make sure the stock exhaust looks nice since I will put them on a display cabinet. So I replaced all the bolts that hold the head shield on the front exhaust manifold to ProTi:
IMG_9573.JPGIMG_9575.JPG

IMG_9576.JPG

I will continue tomorrow πŸ™‚

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The details for this build are next level. Love it man. Keep it up.
Thanks so much HKMP7 πŸ˜ƒ

Mid Friday Afternoon update πŸ˜€

I decided to start with the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Rear License Plate Bracket today, despite this Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Rear License Plate Bracket already an "upgrade" from stock, but of course I just CAN'T let it stay as a "Standard, run of a mill Ducati Performance part" but it need to be "MODIFIED" FURTHER 😜:

So I start by upgrading the 2 bolts under it with ProTi Titanium in Gold color (that blue color was loctite):
IMG_9608.JPGIMG_9617.JPG
IMG_9611.JPG

Cut the bracket that hold the RIZOMA Red CENTER Reflector so not too long and install it.

I choose to use ALL RIZOMA RED REFLECTORS since I already use the RIZOMA LED Turn Signal light so they are "brand coordinated" πŸ€“

IMG_9612.JPGIMG_9618.JPG

Also upgrade all the NUTS that hold the Reflector with ProTi Titanium Nut:

IMG_9615.JPGIMG_9616.JPG

The reason why I choose the Titanium SILVER color instead of the usual gold for this area is because the Ducati Performance came with a UNIQUE bolts on the side of it (that looks almost like Motocorse bolts) and it's in SILVER color. Plus the Ducati Logo also in Silver, and this picture show what I mean:
IMG_9619.JPG

Because of that rest of the visible bolts from ProTi will be in Titanium SILVER color. By the way, I still need to buy 2 more set of Bolts and Nuts to hold the lower 2 holes of the License Plate, so it match the 2 set of bolts and nuts on the TOP left/right of the license plate:
IMG_9620.JPG

I am also ordering a SPECIAL California License Plate that I already paid to DMV since about 6 months ago but due to COVID 19, the production is delayed. The license plate will have the old Black background and Yellow Lettering color theme 😎

Rest of the pictures:
IMG_9613.JPGIMG_9614.JPGIMG_9621.JPG

More update this weekend coming soon 😁

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Right when I am about to continue working on the rear subframe, the UPS truck pull over and deliver this SAMCO hoses from UK way earlier than I expected (y)
This is good news, meaning this weekend I can continue with installing back all the throttle body and airbox.

Notice I bought 2 different Samco hoses as you can see that one on the left picture had a BLACK colored inner layer which is the FUEL resistant hose for the hose that connect to the gas tank ventilation system:
IMG_9623.JPGIMG_9624.JPG

I also buy the "PLUG", and it is always exciting to see such a nice packaging with "MADE IN BRITAIN" and πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ logo on it 😎
IMG_9622.JPG

POMPLARDPANAM

Right when I am about to continue working on the rear subframe, the UPS truck pull over and deliver this SAMCO hoses from UK way earlier than I expected (y)
This is good news, meaning this weekend I can continue with installing back all the throttle body and airbox.

Notice I bought 2 different Samco hoses as you can see that one on the left picture had a BLACK colored inner layer which is the FUEL resistant hose for the hose that connect to the gas tank ventilation system:
View attachment 2108View attachment 2109

I also buy the "PLUG", and it is always exciting to see such a nice packaging with "MADE IN BRITAIN" and πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ logo on it 😎
View attachment 2110
Yeah bro the Queen made that shit :LOL: