DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Another Weekend Update:

Installing the Lieb Carbon Seat Pad Cover, however I decided not to use the sticker that came with the package because I don't plan to ever took out the Carbon Cover anymore.
A little bit of trouble when I found out the black glue that came with this Carbon Seat Pad Cover had dried and become solid since I bought this cover a long time ago, luckily I have some left over from installing the Carbon Belly Pan so everything is good.
Currently wrap it with some masking tape to help hold the carbon while waiting for it to cure and tomorrow I will install Ducati Sticker 😀:

IMG_9625.JPGIMG_9626.JPG

Then I install the Lieb Carbon Lower Subframe cover:

IMG_9627.JPGIMG_9628.JPG

This is quite complicated, since you need to do many small things, like installing the spacer for the locking mechanism:
IMG_9631.JPGIMG_9632.JPG

Took out the rubber bushing from the stock cover and move it to the Carbon Cover:
IMG_9630.JPG

Then took out the tie-lock clamp holder from the stock cover and move it to the Lieb Cover:
IMG_9629.JPG

Then secure the GPS cable extension with the tie lock:
IMG_9633.JPGIMG_9634.JPG

Then, make sure you attached the locking mechanism CABLE before you install the Lieb Carbon Cover (I learned the lesson 😅), however, I forgot to take picture of this step, but it's not hard.

Then, I use Ducati Original Nylon Washer on every ProTi Titanium Bolts that I used to secure the carbon cover to make sure it will not crack the carbon fiber over time.

Again, the Fit and Finish of Lieb Carbon Product is AMAZING (y)
and installed pictures below:
IMG_9638.JPGIMG_9639.JPG

IMG_9640.JPGIMG_9641.JPG

After this, I will install the side (left/right) Lieb Carbon subframe cover 🙂

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Decal and Emblem time today 😉:

I started with the Carbon Seat Pad Cover, I was undecided whether to use Ducati Red Sticker or Ducati Corse Sicker:
IMG_9649.JPG

After careful thought, I decided to go with Ducati Corse Sticker:
IMG_9650.JPGIMG_9652.JPG

Then I install the Carbon Lower Tank Protector Cover that already had the Akrapovic Sticker (painted under clear coat, so it is FLUSH with the surface like it came with the sticker from factory), along with AELLA Tie Down and ProTi Titanium Bolts of course 😃:

IMG_9654.JPGIMG_9655.JPG

And here is how the heat shield on the Carbon tank Cover looks like:
IMG_9656.JPG

Then I decided to put the Ducati RED "EMBLEM" (not sticker) on the end of the rear subframe:
IMG_9657.JPG

Since the emblem is concave, I need to add extra layers of 3M double tape:
IMG_9658.JPG

Finished Product:
IMG_9661.JPGIMG_9660.JPG

Then for the purpose of documentation, I installed the Carbon Cover for the license plate bracket, although I will not be using this cover, but I will use the Ducat Performance License Plate Bracket instead;

IMG_9663.JPGIMG_9669.JPG

and more detailed pictures:
IMG_9664.JPGIMG_9668.JPG
IMG_9667.JPGIMG_9665.JPG

This is it for the REAR Sub-Frame,... well actually, I might need to change that carbon tank cover with a new one since it have the Akrapovic sticker permanently embedded under the clear coat while the exhaust will be SC-Project...
but I might not since that Akrapovic logo looks so nice... well, I deal with it later 🤪

BMW Alpina

Staff member
yet another long weekend update 😜,

I am pulling the cable that goes from the starter solenoid to the starter motor itself:
IMG_9670.JPG

Then I run the cable through the hole on the starter motor heat shield:
IMG_9671.JPG

If you purchase this starter motor heatshield, don't forget to also buy the rubber pad, then I install it in the right hold of the starter motor heat shield:
IMG_9672.JPGIMG_9673.JPG

Please note that owner of 2019 and older Panigale V4 does not need to do this, only owner of 2020 Panigale V4 that plan to upgrade their exhaust with AFTERMARKET (NON Akrapovic) Full System Exhaust need do to this (well, that is if you want too of course 😉).
Because most aftermarket full system exhaust does not have heat shield on their front exhaust manifold, thus increasing the heat radiated towards the starter motor.

Don't forget to apply Loctite:
IMG_9674.JPG

Torque the 2 M6 bolts to 13Nm, in my case, I also upgrade the bolts to ProTi Titanium bolts as usual 🤩
IMG_9675.JPGIMG_9676.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Last update for the long Thanksgiving Weekend, I am tired but happy from having too much fun 😅 😅 😅:

Replace the final 3 bolts (M6) that hold the crankcase, located right behind the starter motor with ProTi Titanium:
IMG_9679.JPGIMG_9680.JPG

A while ago, my target was only to purchase all the "KITS" offered by ProTi for my bike, but somehow, I end up with some extra unused bolts, 2 of them I found out were a good fit to replace the bolts that hold the COILS. Unfortunately I need 4 bolts and I only have 2 SILVER colored ProTi bolts. I install this 2 SILVER colored ProTi for the front coil. Picture below of the front cylinder coils.
IMG_9682.JPG

From there, I decided to move my target and now to replace every single bolts that can be replace with ProTi Titanium Equivalent.
Finally I purchase the remaining 2 bolts for the rear coil, and this time I decided to purchase the GOLD color for the REAR cylinder Coils:
IMG_9683.JPG

Then I replace the M6 bolts that hold the CYLINDER Head below are BEFORE and AFTER picture for the rear cylinder head:
IMG_9689.JPGIMG_9691.JPG

Here are the comparison between the old and new ProTi Bolt and eventhough the stock one does not use grease, I decided to use Loctite SILVER Anti Seize (not threadlocker), since it will be exposed to heat and I want to reduce any chance of galling or seizing there:
IMG_9692.JPGIMG_9684.JPG

The FRONT cylinder is much more difficult since the location is hidden behind the FRAME, especially the REAR bolts, but with the right extension and socket, I barely manage to replace them:
IMG_9685.JPGIMG_9686.JPG

IMG_9688.JPG

Now it's time to upgrade all the bolts on the Fuel Tank (except the bolts holding the Ducati by Rizoma gas caps since there is no equivalent size, plus the Rizoma bolts looks more in harmony with the rest of the Rizoma design:
Stock Bracket bolt on the left picture, upgraded on the right picture:
IMG_9708.JPGIMG_9711.JPG

IMG_9712.JPGIMG_9715.JPG

This bracket is TRICKY because you need to make sure their distance to each other will FIT The mounting on the rear subframe since they are adjustable. The Ducati Service Manual specify certain distance, but I decided to just take the rear subframe and test fit it until it fit perfectly 🤣

Then, replace all the bolts holding the fuel pump:
Stock bolts and there is an order/sequence of tightening them on the right picture:
IMG_9709.JPGIMG_9710.JPG

Ducati require the use of Gadus Grease:
IMG_9713.JPG

INSTALLED so much better 🤩:
IMG_9714.JPG

continue below

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Last modification this evening is... replacing the REAR Exhaust Manifold Cover with Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover plus ProTi Titanium Bolts.
Now, I purchase this Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover BEFORE I even thinking of replacing my exhaust system,... and since I already bought it with all the ProTi bolts, I will just use this for "display purposes" 🤪

Comparison between the 2, of course, not comparable 😎 😏
IMG_9716.JPG

Test Fit:
IMG_9717.JPGIMG_9718.JPG

First, replace the 3 bolts that actually hold the metal head shield 2 parts together with ProTi, all the bolts will get Loctite Silver Anti Seize due to high heat and different metal properties:
IMG_9719.JPG

IMG_9720.JPGIMG_9721.JPG

Move the Rubber Bushing / Insert from the old cover to the new Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover:
IMG_9722.JPG

Install the ProTi Bolts:
IMG_9723.JPGIMG_9724.JPG

IMG_9725.JPGIMG_9726.JPG

Also install the SEPARATE Carbon Fiber Cover for the wiring/socket of the Ohlins Rear Electronic Shock Absorber and of course use ProTi but I decided to use 2 different shape of ProTi bolts (left bolts is different then right bolts) due to available space:
That right bolt have washer and it's ProTi Titanium Washer:
IMG_9727.JPGIMG_9728.JPG

IMG_9729.JPG

Some more pictures:
IMG_9730.JPGIMG_9731.JPG

Ok, that is all for this weekend, I will update more, most likely closer to next weekend 😀

POMPLARDPANAM

Last modification this evening is... replacing the REAR Exhaust Manifold Cover with Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover plus ProTi Titanium Bolts.
Now, I purchase this Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover BEFORE I even thinking of replacing my exhaust system,... and since I already bought it with all the ProTi bolts, I will just use this for "display purposes" 🤪

Comparison between the 2, of course, not comparable 😎 😏
View attachment 2172

Test Fit:
View attachment 2173View attachment 2174

First, replace the 3 bolts that actually hold the metal head shield 2 parts together with ProTi, all the bolts will get Loctite Silver Anti Seize due to high heat and different metal properties:
View attachment 2175

View attachment 2176View attachment 2177

Move the Rubber Bushing / Insert from the old cover to the new Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Cover:
View attachment 2178

Install the ProTi Bolts:
View attachment 2179View attachment 2180

View attachment 2181View attachment 2182

Also install the SEPARATE Carbon Fiber Cover for the wiring/socket of the Ohlins Rear Electronic Shock Absorber and of course use ProTi but I decided to use 2 different shape of ProTi bolts (left bolts is different then right bolts) due to available space:
That right bolt have washer and it's ProTi Titanium Washer:
View attachment 2183View attachment 2184

View attachment 2185

Some more pictures:
View attachment 2186View attachment 2187

Ok, that is all for this weekend, I will update more, most likely closer to next weekend 😀
Damn mine is broken i don't know how may be because few months ago a car hit my boots at low speed no crash:oops: i did a mistake....the driver a sexy girl says it's good N i apologize...or may be the wheelings anyway i wil fix it with heat wrapping or may be like that
it looks simple...

BMW Alpina

Staff member
A short update today 😀,
I finally have all the ProTi Bolts, Nuts and Titanium Washer for the final "MODIFICATION" to the project "pimpin" Brembo Rear Billet Master Cylinder 😘.
I actually bought several same size nuts in different color because I was undecided whether GOLD or Titanium SILVER color will looks better:
IMG_9733.JPGIMG_9734.JPG

First, I purchase a ProTi bolts for the integrated reservoir cover, however I still need to CUT it since it is a bit too long but this is the shortest one I can find from ProTi. Picture below just to show approximately how the gold ProTi bolts will look (but still not cut yet)
I will cut it most likely this weekend:
IMG_9749.JPG

Then I start testing the color combination one by one, but first for sure the washer that will hold the spring will be Titanium Silver. This Titanium Washer from ProTi fit perfectly to the spring (it's embedded grooves really lock the spring):
IMG_9735.JPG

Then I test the Nuts with built in washer:
IMG_9737.JPGIMG_9738.JPG

IMG_9736.JPGIMG_9739.JPG

But I then realized, I need to test the whole setup so I began more color combination testing below:

IMG_9742.JPGIMG_9741.JPG

IMG_9744.JPGIMG_9743.JPG

IMG_9748.JPGIMG_9747.JPG

I finally decided ALL Titanium Silver Nuts is the BEST color combination, picture below:
IMG_9746.JPGIMG_9745.JPG

But then I got curious and wonder what if I use the large GOLD ring instead of the RED ring, picture below:
IMG_9752.JPG

But, in the end I think RED ring is better so I am back to the FINAL color combination choice below 😎:
IMG_9751.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Of all the spare parts SPECIFIC for my Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916, I believe this lower belly pan for Akrapovic exhaust is the RAREST Part of all 🤓😎🥳.
First of all, there are only 500 units of Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 (plus a very few xxx model / prototype units), then note that each one of this bike came with Akrapovic (Type approval with Catalytic Converter) system as standard and it looks (and also sounds very nice). So the chance for the owner of a Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 replacing their stock exhaust is very small...
And if they do, they might not choose to replace it with the official Akrapovic Slip-On or Akrapovic Full System...
This can only mean, Ducati does not have many of this SPECIFIC Ducati Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 for Akrapovic Lower Belly Pan PARTS in their inventory (nor they plan to produce much anyway).

That is why I decided this is a MUST BUY, even before I decided to order my SC-Project WSBK exhaust...
I was thinking of just collecting this lower belly pan for display, but now that I purchase the SC-Project WSBK exhaust, than this lower belly pan will be UTILIZED for good 😁.

I was a bit worried that the emblem "Ducati Corse" will come in WHITE COLOR DECAL like on this picture:

or like in this picture:

916V4.jpg

Because I prefer the dark grey metallic color like the original fairing that came with my bike, and luckily it came just like the stock fairing (in Gray Metallic Color)
Because a DUCATI CORSE Decal in WHITE make it too much white since there already that large WHITE SHIELD for the Number 1 on the upper side fairing.
So I am guessing those fairing of the 25° Anniversario 916 with DUCATI CORSE in WHITE color must be from prototype bikes and later changed to Gray Metallic Color...

Here are the pictures:
Note on the first picture, it show that the fairing came with the "window cover" for Akrapovic Slip-On application and I also plan to use it for my SC-Project WSBK Exhaust installation:
IMG_9756.JPGIMG_9755.JPGIMG_9754.JPG

Made in Italy of course 😇
IMG_9759.JPG

And the back side shows a more robust plastic welding due to the extended length:
IMG_9757.JPGIMG_9758.JPG

IMG_9760.JPGIMG_9761.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I did very trivial upgrade last night, so I bought a ProTi Titanium Bolt KIT for the Ducati by Rizoma Rear Set, However, this KIT does not upgrade all the bolts and nuts on the Ducati by Rizoma rear set, it only upgrade the larger bolts,
so I purchase some extra bolts and nuts so every single bolts/nuts that can be upgraded were modified 🤓🧐 :

Like the Bolts/Nuts for the brake and shift lever adjustment and brake lever stop:
IMG_9766.JPG

Before and After:
IMG_9765.JPGIMG_9767.JPG

IMG_9768.JPGIMG_9769.JPG

This weekend, I plan to install the remaining Samco Hoses (under the airbox) and then install the Throttle Body/Airbox/BBS/ECU with the upgraded ProTi bolts/nuts.
After that, then I will go back and work on the solid brake line projects 😀

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Initially, I was planning to purchase the V4 Superleggera Tank Cover (Battery Cover) because I saw it has the 6 ventilation holes and assume they are the Red Painted carbon fiber version of the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover.
However, some V4 Superleggera prospective owner told me that it had different RED color shade then regular Ducati Red so I decided no use to buy it if I need to repainted it.

So I decided to purchase the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover instead and plan to paint it red (and it will be further "modified" of course 😁)
I think I made the right choice because turnout the V4 Superleggera Tank Cover, at least from it's price most likely is made from Plastic and not carbon fiber because it is very cheap...

Anyway, this is one of the modification that I will perform to the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber tank Cover and hopefully I can do it this weekend:

Mesh Wire just arrived:
IMG_9780.JPG

It will be epoxied below the vent holes like this:
IMG_9779.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I did not do much this weekend, spent most of the time relaxing and doing online research on front axle, just because I determine to find the easiest ready to use solution possible...🧐

So, this weekend I only replaced all the bolts on the multi joint holding the front brake and clutch Ducati by Rizoma reservoir and also the Rizoma Rear View Mirror, and below are the pictures...

First, I replaced the bolts on the Rizoma Rear View Mirror arm and mounting bracket. To make it perfect, I purchased a new rubber gasket/dampener from Ducati below:
IMG_9788.JPGIMG_9789.JPG

Comparison between the Ducati by Rizoma Cover Plate and the Rizoma Mounting Bracket for Rizoma Rear View Mirror
IMG_9790.JPG

Then I install the ProTi Bolts:
IMG_9791.JPGIMG_9792.JPG

Then I repacked them in their packaging because still a long time before I install this mirror on my bike since lot of modification still not done yet... so Can't install the fairing yet...

More pictures for the Brake/Clutch Reservoir Multi Joint Bracket:
IMG_9784.JPGIMG_9785.JPG
IMG_9786.JPGIMG_9787.JPG

I will try to do more during this coming weekdays to compensate for the lost of productivity during this weekend 😌

POMPLARDPANAM

Hi my bro i have seen that shit to day on the What'sapp group of my bro Malik the boss of Golden Route motorbike that's a fake suit brand
(+92 332 868 4241 come if u're interested ) i have alrready talk about it anyway that shit is made for u bro .
Here it is for a Korean guy, i don't know the price he didn't tell me...what do u think about it?Ducati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit.jpgDucati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit 2.jpgDucati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit 3.jpgDucati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit 5.jpgDucati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit 1.jpgDucati panigale V4 25 °916 ANNIVERSARIO DAINESE  suit 4.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hi my bro i have seen that shit to day on the What'sapp group of my bro Malik the boss of Golden Route motorbike that's a fake suit brand
(+92 332 868 4241 come if u're interested ) i have alrready talk about it anyway that shit is made for u bro .
Here it is for a Korean guy, i don't know the price he didn't tell me...what do u think about it?
Hi POMPLARDPANAM,
That is a good design with that "number 1" logo similar to the one on my bike. I am sure it is also a decent quality for track suit and the price should be a great value too.
However, if I purchase something, I prefer to buy the original product from the original manufacturer because when I buy things, I tend to keep it forever so in the long run, the cost saving (over the years) is not much.
Thanks again for the pictures.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The ValterMoto Front Lower Triple Clamp Stand arrived from Italy today :D

Very good quality, the same quality like when I used to sell them 19 years ago (y)
Too bad, they now only sell in Black Color, used to be available in Red, Yellow and Silver too...

IMG_9808.JPGIMG_9810.JPG

Came with the PIN with the right diameter for Panigale V4 lower triple clamp:
IMG_9811.JPGIMG_9812.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This weekend, I was planning to install the throttle body and airbox back on the bike, but I had to spent most of Saturday for family related activities and later on Sunday, do some preparation for job related activity, so I was not able to do much.
Beside, I found out that I still need to purchase one more Samco Fuel Resistant hose for the hose between the fuel tank to the EVAP canister. Since I plan to purchase this hose from Demon-Tweek UK and the lead time for ORANGE color hose is about 1 month,
I decided to took this opportunity to also order Zircotec Zircoflex gold Heat Shielding (also from Demon-Tweek).
I was inspired by the Gold Heat Shielding from @Superbike Unlimited V4R project on the airbox ;)
I also will need more heat shielding for area below the rear subframe but above the upcoming SC-Project exhaust manifold and on the back of the SC-Project Carbon Fiber Heat Shield itself.
Each time, when I though I almost finished, new idea come along... 😜

So this weekend, I only install some Samco hoses between the 2 radiator coolant reservoir (again please note that most of this Samco hoses were NOT included in the Samco hose kit for Panigale V4,
but I got carried away with the "temptation" and decided to go one (or two) steps further as usual 🤪🥴🤓
IMG_9816.JPGIMG_9817.JPG

Then I discovered that the Airbox Breather hose had special rubber end, that is NOT a plug but had a little slit of opening. So I decided to just CUT the end of the special opening and connect it to the Samco hoses using straight Stainless Steel BARB:
IMG_9818.JPGIMG_9819.JPGIMG_9821.JPGIMG_9822.JPG

I secure this airbox breather hose with the Mikalor Clamp:
IMG_9823.JPGIMG_9825.JPG

Then there is another hose assembly that connect the Fuel Overflow Hose with the Radiator Coolant Overflow Hose with a "Y" Barb. Because the Fuel Overflow Hose should be Fuel Resistant, I used the Special Samco Hoses with a Fuel Resistant Inner Liner,
while the Samco Hoses that connect to the Radiator Coolant Overflow Hose will be the "Regular" Samco Hose.

In the picture below, the original Radiator Coolant Overflow (Black Hose) was still attached to the "Y" Barb, but that is just because I haven't connect the end of the Samco Hoses that goes to the "Y" barb yet, and I will do this when I install these hoses on the bike.
IMG_9826.JPGIMG_9827.JPGIMG_9828.JPG

Note, that I also currently still use the PLASTIC Original GREY "Y" Barb, but I just ordered a nicer STAINLESS STEEL "Y" Barb and I will replace it.

Anyway, I can't install the throttle body/airbox assy. until the Zircotec Zircoflex Gold Heat Shielding and the remaining 1 Fuel Resistant Samco Hoses arrived from Demon-Tweeks UK sometimes in January 2021 anyway,... yes more delay...
but I want to make everything as close to PERFECT as possible so I don't have to open this airbox/throttle body again in the future 😀

Beside, between now and January 2021, I will have plenty of other things to modified on my bike, so there will be continous stream of updates for your entertainment coming soon 😇

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Wait a minute,...
I forgot that late Saturday night, my younger son actually help with some PROTOTYPING again for my "Axle" Project using our Dremel 3D Printer and Fusion 360 CAD.
I show him some raw sketch on paper that he transpose into CAD on the Fusion 360 software. Unfortunately, the Fusion 360 did not have M25x1.25mm thread as build in features,
so me and my younger son spent a few hours to find a way to create "custom profile" for the M25x1.25mm thread. We finally did it and another valuable lesson for my younger son 😃

The part that I asked my younger son to "Prototype" using our 3D printed is the NUT with longer Sleeving and since our 3D printer will not be capable to print an overhang, we decided to print the sleeve (cylindrical tube with inner M25x1.25mm thread) separate from the top washer with 30mm hexagonal head.

This first picture shows the lower cylindrical sleeve with the top washer/hexagonal part stack on top of each other (they are 2 separate pieces and I stacked them just to show how they should looks like):
IMG_9830.JPG

Below picture is just the sleeve/cylindrical shape with INNER M25x1.25mm thread (the thread was created during the 3D printing process without any tap and drill):
IMG_9829.JPG

Left picture show Panigale V4 original axle with AELLA Titanium Nut, while Right Picture shows the same Panigale V4 original axle with my "Prototyped" 3D printed Nut
IMG_9835.JPGIMG_9834.JPG

another angle of the picture with the 3D printed prototype nut screwed to the axle:
IMG_9832.JPG

Based on this Prototype, I know I can make everything work, with a shorter axle for my next modification project with Ohlins FGR300 forks 🤩🥳😇
Now, I can purchase a ready to use axle from Fast Frank Racing: Superbike Front Axles, For Use with Ohlins and Other Superbike Forks #R130
Pictures of Fast Frank Racing ready to use axle solution below:
Capture.JPGCapture.JPG

But, this solution from Fast Frank Racing will NOT allow me to use my Ducati by Rizoma front axle slider and I really LOVE the looks of the Ducati by Rizoma front axle slider !!! 😎
Beside, it is MORE FUN to do my own CUSTOM Modification since we are the "Ducati MODIFIED" forum members 😉

Now, the only real issue is... how soon can I save enough money for this "Discretionary" Spending ? 😅
Well my guess is it will take a while, so that's mean I have more time to prepare, and I currently researching for the right alloy and heat treatment/surface finishing for the axle and the special nut 🧐🤓

note: this is also why I purchase the Valter Moto Lower Triple Clamp Front Stand, so I don't have to jack the bike from under the oil sump/pan (which mean I don't have to take out the exhaust and side/lower fairing) to take out/install the Ohlins forks. 😉

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I was bored this evening so I want to make sure that I had purchase all the ProTi Titanium Bolts needed to reinstall the Throttle Body and Airbox.
I took out all the ProTi bolts from it's plastic bags and screw them all into each corresponding holes just to make sure.
But of course I did not torque them yet until I am ready to install the Airbox/Throttle body sometimes in January 2021.

Pictures below:
IMG_9839.JPG
IMG_9840.JPGIMG_9841.JPG

IMG_9842.JPG
IMG_9843.JPGIMG_9844.JPG

IMG_9845.JPGIMG_9846.JPG

These are the 8 M6 bolts that hold the throttle body to the cylinders and since I don't want to screw them into the cylinder yet, I just keep them in their plastic bag and tape them to the airbox:
IMG_9847.JPG

IMG_9848.JPG

IMG_9849.JPGIMG_9850.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I had no idea the air box had all those screws. Wow
Yes, and there are still many more screws/bolts in the throttle body assembly that I could not replace with ProTi, either because ProTi does not have the equivalent (size/thread pitch) or because the screws (Phillips head type) were loctite and can't be removed without potentially destroying it, or because it came with the "security type" torx head meaning the manufacturer don't want anybody to remove it, perhaps due to some calibration.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
After looking at many different pictures of 2020 Ducati Panigale V4R (to make sure it is indeed carbon fiber), I decided to pull the trigger and ordered the carbon fiber cover under the rear subframe (that hold the rear cylinder exhaust manifold carbon fiber cover).
I need this because, for my bike which is the same as V4S, that area under the rear subframe is covered by the stock rear exhaust manifold plastic cover. But since I will replace the exhaust with the SC-Project WSBK, that mean that area will not be covered.
Plus, I need it to support the electric connector to the Ohlins Electronic Rear Shock.

Initially, I was planning to wait until the part for the 2021 V4SP or 2021 Streetfighter available, because it came with a PLASTIC cover with provision for the Ohlins electronic rear shock connector while it also have similar styling like the current V4R,
but since this part from V4SP will be made of regular plastic, I decide to go with the carbon fiber part from V4R

FORTUNATELY, while doing this research, I found some more interesting original Ducati carbon fiber parts that can be used on my bike, so... I got a bit carried away and end up (total) spending 10x the price of this V4R carbon fiber plate cover...
Well,... they are a very special parts though, so hopefully I can get them soon 🤪

Here is the picture of the Carbon Fiber part from V4R and the red arrow point out to the carbon fiber plate part:
V4R Carbon Fiber Lower Subframe Over Exhaust Manifold Cover panigale-v4r-chassis.jpg2020 V4R in Ducati Austin.jpg

This is the plastic part on the V4SP, notice that the V4SP of course is the ideal shape since it came with the Ohlins electronic rear suspension while the V4R came with non electronic Ohlins, but I figure I can find a way to route the cable and connector somehow:
DUCATI_PANIGALE_V4_SP _3__UC211435_High (1).jpg