DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
hi alpine!

these Are beautiful and they also provide more clearance for tire change when in use.

love It!

My puppy woke me up early and then I can't sleep anymore, so.... I am looking for Black Friday deals and remember I might need a Front Triple Tree Lift Stand ...
Initially, I want to purchase the Pierobon front stand: V4-1199/899/959/1299 front stand : Pierobon Frames - frames and accessories for motorcycle

But then I remember I used to be the distributor of Valter Moto Components 20 years ago, and they were a very nice supplier of mine, so I decided to check their website.

Happy to found Valter Moto Components currently have 20% Black Friday Discount plus the purpose of all this entire build was for a trip down memory lane so as much as I like the Pierobon front stand design more,
I end up went with sentimental choice and ordered the Valter Moto Components Front Triple Tree Lift Stand and the Panigale V4 Specific Pivot,
because maybe 15 years from now, I can tell my grandchildren that grandpa used to sell this stand back in our country of origin and share my life experience with them 😌

VMC Store - RACE Front Triple Tree Lift (Pivot Not Enclosed)
and
VMC Store - Pivot Panigale V4 for CAV06

View attachment 2056View attachment 2057

note: they also have the TITANIUM Version if you are so inclined toward Titanium 😉
VMC Store - TITANIUM Front T. Tree Lift (Pivot Not Enclosed)

View attachment 2058View attachment 2059

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Very small shipment of ProTi bolts arrived today, the M10L57-OTB01 (2 pieces) bolt will be for the REAR Ohlins Shocks (top and bottom), although I think I will have to cut one of the bolt shorter...
I almost running out of bolts to replace with Titanium, maybe just 1 or 2 more ProTi batch order will suffice, which is a good news, hopefully I did not find too many hidden bolts to be replaced again 😅

IMG_0238.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I just return from out of town business trip, and got a pleasant suprise in my personal email inbox that My SC-Project WSBK Exhaust is ready to ship 😃, plus the Motocorse sidestep is also should be ready to ship sometimes this week 😁:

SC box.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I want to say Thank You So Much to our forum member @Araitim who helped by machining my Bonamici Clutch Lever.

I all start with ordering a CUSTOM Laser Marking for the Bonamici latest Brake and Clutch Lever specifically for the RCS Corsa Corta Master Cylinder through the US official distributor.
However, somehow there is a miscommunication between Bonamici US official distributor and Bonamici factory, and they delivered the correct Brake Lever, but INCORRECT CLUTCH Lever.

Below is the picture of the INCORRECT Clutch Lever with the Correct Brake Lever. The INCORRECT Clutch Lever actually come with a complete adjuster set !!!
IMG_8188.JPG

Below is the picture where I took out the INCORRECT Clutch Lever from the adjuster assembly and compare it with the correct Brake lever and you can see that they have different shape at / near the hinges:
IMG_9858.JPG

So Bonamici US Distributor and Bonamici Factory decided to REPLACE the incorrect item with the Correct Clutch Lever.
However when Bonamici send me the CORRECT Clutch Lever, the LASER MARKING of the replacement Clutch Lever is NOW INCORRECT, because the word "DUCATI" on the Corrected lever is much smaller. This means, the Clutch Lever will have a different laser marking compare to the Brake Lever.
The whole process from the first time I order to Bonamici until the latest lever replacement maybe total 4 to 5 months, so I don't feel like going through another process of another lever replacement... beside I just don't like to complain anyway...

So, INSPIRED by the method of machining that our other Good Forum Member @Lucati performed on his lever a few months ago,

I decided to reach out to @Araitim and ask for his expert opinion and help to machined the end part of the INCORRECT Lever but have the right size DUCATI lasermarked on it so it can fit the RCS Corsa Corta Clutch Cylinder, and below are the pictures of @Araitim amazing machining skills 😃:

IMG_0350.JPG

Araitim even added a bronze bushing (Picture below) which will make it smoother to operate than the original lever 🧐🤓(y)
IMG_0352.JPG

IMG_0353.JPGIMG_0354.JPG

Now, I just need to paint the bare aluminum area (from the machining) black and everything is PERFECT.
Well, wait, it's not perfect yet because Brembo haven't able to release the RCS16 Corsa Corta Clutch Cylinder yet due to COVID-19 and might be delayed again until June this year...
oh well, at least Thanks to @Araitim , the lever is ready whenever Brembo is ready ;)

Pete T

Staff member
BMW you have infinite patience. I know what you mean, when things go wrong somehow you're the one that feels guilty for complaining. And the waiting is endless...internet shopping is great but not without pitfalls.

The bronze bush is a nice upgrade. More durable than bare alloy I expect.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Nice save, those look awesome
Thanks Andy7, yes, Araitim really put his passion in everything he machined or MODIFIED (y)

BMW you have infinite patience. I know what you mean, when things go wrong somehow you're the one that feels guilty for complaining. And the waiting is endless...internet shopping is great but not without pitfalls.
The bronze bush is a nice upgrade. More durable than bare alloy I expect.
Thanks Pete T, yes, I never think about the idea of using Bronze Bushing for the pivot holes, luckily Araitim had experience with this kind of MODIFICATION (y)

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I believe these are the pictures of my Gold Anodized Motocorse Side Step order just arrived @dennispowersport and just waiting for my "other order" so they can ship together 😁
Even Motocorse had not listed this item on their website yet, and I had been waiting for these since second week of October 😅
Well, actually, I paid for it on the second week of October but due to COVID-19, Motocorse production schedule got delayed, but I had been wanting this since... I don't know maybe Mid Last Year when I first saw them on Motocorse's Panigale V4 🤪

Sideplates1.jpg
Sideplates2.jpg
Sideplates3.jpg
Sideplates4.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I am anxiously waiting for my SC-Project WSBK exhaust to arrived, and I keep watching the shipment progress at FedEx since it started shipped last Friday.

However, never in my life, I saw so many "TRANSIT" for any package, it's almost like my patience is being tested 🥴,

I mean it goes from Italy, Germany, French and now in UK,... it almost like buying a Porsche with the "European Delivery Program" but let FedEx driving it 😅:

1612928793334.png

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Ahh both our deliveries are taking some irritating detours.
The new gaskets/nuts/dampers/heel guard I’ve ordered have gone from Netherlands to Germany and now via US. 😪

Hopefully they’ll be here after the weekend so I can start my exhaust install too 😎3C98CF52-38C2-4F0F-83BC-5E6BFC7783DB.jpeg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Ooo, those are nice!
Thanks Craig Bush 😃

Ahh both our deliveries are taking some irritating detours.
The new gaskets/nuts/dampers/heel guard I’ve ordered have gone from Netherlands to Germany and now via US. 😪

Hopefully they’ll be here after the weekend so I can start my exhaust install too 😎View attachment 2823
Hi Andy7,
WOW, that is really BEAUTIFUL... 😍😘🥰
too bad Akrapovic and Ducati decided not to offer under tail exhaust for the V4 (for mass market) 😕

and I can't wait to see your INSTALL of the exhaust and the heel guard on your bike 😃(y)

Anyway, I received some other items today with make me feel better a bit:
First, the T-Shirts that I purchased, inspired by @HKMP7 picture's on his BUILD thread:
IMG_0366.JPG

Second, Bike Sport Development UK Ohlins Electronic Suspension BY-PASS Plug, just in case I decided to replace the front forks, but since it came as a set for the rear Ohlins shocks too, so I just buy it as a complete package:
IMG_0367.JPG

Andy7

Staff member
Nothing wrong with the SC Project pipes, you’ll get a lot of satisfaction once they’re installed 😎 I am really impressed with the finish on the Akra too. Beautiful work

I got some photos of the termi setup Desmosport are running on their V4R bikes this year for the ASBK.
The same pipes SBU are using on their conversion in their YouTube series.

572D01BA-7C45-4652-8BBA-8F20EDA4E9E7.jpeg

Are you waiting for a good deal on some Öhlins or undecided on swapping the stock components out yet?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Nothing wrong with the SC Project pipes, you’ll get a lot of satisfaction once they’re installed 😎 I am really impressed with the finish on the Akra too. Beautiful work

I got some photos of the termi setup Desmosport are running on their V4R bikes this year for the ASBK.
The same pipes SBU are using on their conversion in their YouTube series.

View attachment 2826

Are you waiting for a good deal on some Öhlins or undecided on swapping the stock components out yet?
I totally agree, the finished of the Ducati Akrapovic Factory exhaust like yours is much better than any after market exhaust out there...
I mean it is golden hue finished with the laser marking is just so factory, which I actually prefer :geek:

I am sure the Termignoni WSBK exhaust is a good performing exhaust, but I don't like the look from the right side with the big carbon cover that make the bike looks bulky, but worse, if you look from the left side, then you will see the "unfinished carbon fiber surface" behind that big carbon fiber cover...
but I might add some "Termignoni Seasoning" later as you know 😉

Regarding the Ohlins...
I really want to replace the front Ohlins Electronic Forks with Ohlins FGR300, however the Ohlins FGR300 had been in the market since maybe 5 or 6 years ago, plus the cheaper and newly released FGR250 actually have the new spring pressured cartridge technology (vs. gas pressured in the current FGR300). So I feel that soon Ohlins will issue the new version of FGR300 with spring pressurized cartridge and I prefer to wait for it...
If you notice, Ohlins have not released their 2021 catalog and last week, I got confirmation from the CORPORATE level person at Ohlins Sweden that the new 2021 Catalog should be out by the end of this month or early March....
The last thing I need is to spend over $10k for an FGR300 only to be absolute by the time I received it 🥴
Well, unless someone somewhere had a half price clearance sale on the current FGR300 🤑

Andy7

Staff member
Yeh they probably went function over form slightly with that design. And like you say in staying with the theme of Ducati modified it’s nice to add some unique touches later on 👌🏼

If there’s deals to be had on the older fgr300 (assuming an update is released) and there is a radical price reduction do you know which option you’d choose?

Next best option is to do some networking and see if you can find a race team who wants to get rid of some old parts at the end of a season 😂

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Yeh they probably went function over form slightly with that design. And like you say in staying with the theme of Ducati modified it’s nice to add some unique touches later on 👌🏼

If there’s deals to be had on the older fgr300 (assuming an update is released) and there is a radical price reduction do you know which option you’d choose?

Next best option is to do some networking and see if you can find a race team who wants to get rid of some old parts at the end of a season 😂
Hi Andy7,
I probably still prefer to buy a newer version but maybe wait until later this year so the price is "more reasonable" than the "launch price" 😉
Also, I actually was offered a pair of Ohlins RVP 25 -8 42mm used but fully refurbished ex one of the SBK team back in September for 10,000 Euro,
But, I like the looks of the FGR300 better plus, I don't want to buy used forks since they will have some cosmetic imperfection.
Picture of the exact unit below:
rvp 25.jpeg

Yesterday, I was almost tempted to just keep the stock Ohlins Fork but use the Motocorse Lower Caliper Mounts/Bracket in their new RED Anodized color, however, I then remember, that Motocorse bracket is for stock 100mm spacing Brembo Stylema caliper (or GP4-MS),
while what I really want to buy is the newer updated version of the Brembo GP4-RR due to the classic gold anodizing exclusively for GP4-RR but only come with 108mm spacing...
plus, to install the Motocorse bracket, the whole forks need to be disassembled and I worry if I have some shop do it, they might scratch either the forks or the Motocorse bracket, but if I do it myself... well I just don't feel like buying all the special tools to disassemble the Ohlins forks... and it still not feel as special as an FGR300 in looks... so I decided to just stick with my original plan and wait for newer version of FGR300 :)

by the way, this is the new Motocorse Forks Lower Caliper Bracket in Red Anodized that is now available:
Ohlins Bracket.jpg