Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

Decided to buy a V4S, currently been riding this for the last 3 days and have fallen in love with the shear power and handling on the street, can only imagine what it’s like on track.

My question is I spoke to WRS.it about buying a Akrapovic Full Titanium exhaust and said to them if I get a bike, can the exhaust I buy from your store get it unlocked via a dealership there response:

Hi frank,

once you purchase the exhaust just send us the VIN code of your ducati to unlock a dedicated map

Regards
Luca

Has anyone gone down this path to save some money from paying maximum dollars via Ducati Direct?

cheers Frank

1502A1FC-DC98-4173-9162-6A04D91E4627.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Decided to buy a V4S, currently been riding this for the last 3 days and have fallen in love with the shear power and handling on the street, can only imagine what it’s like on track.

My question is I spoke to WRS.it about buying a Akrapovic Full Titanium exhaust and said to them if I get a bike, can the exhaust I buy from your store get it unlocked via a dealership there response:

Hi frank,

once you purchase the exhaust just send us the VIN code of your ducati to unlock a dedicated map

Regards
Luca

Has anyone gone down this path to save some money from paying maximum dollars via Ducati Direct?

cheers Frank

View attachment 11542
Hello, Yes, I did. It works even in California. Luca also helped me at that time (y):)
WRS also buy it from a Ducati dealership in Italy which then submitted your VIN to the Ducati factory central server, accessible to any dealership in the world that will perform the eventual upload of the ECU Map.

KODAKHODAK

Congrats mate! Did you trade the V2 in on it or got both in the garage now?
Nah I’ll keep the Bayliss bro I spent far too much to give it away… plus the Bayliss in memory to my passing of my father… I’ll stick it in the man cave and bring it out now and then, still a great bike just looking to have a V4 in my garage aswell!

KODAKHODAK

Do you need to place the bike on rear stand to adjust the shock length and loosen the rear pinch bolts for the chain and loosen as this will effect the chain tension correct?

KODAKHODAK

NEW BIKE DAY! 2023 Shark Gill Ducati Panigale V4S…. Little road trip to Fraser Wollongong and grabbed a bike that I was planning to buy next year, however after ruining my life with the SP2 last weekend riding my bosses I couldn’t help getting one sooner than later.
Think Chandler my dog Approves! Watch this space… definitely won’t be stock for long 💪
D5ECD92D-F4A5-4244-98BB-6580AE21D4A2.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
NEW BIKE DAY! 2023 Shark Gill Ducati Panigale V4S…. Little road trip to Fraser Wollongong and grabbed a bike that I was planning to buy next year, however after ruining my life with the SP2 last weekend riding my bosses I couldn’t help getting one sooner than later.
Think Chandler my dog Approves! Watch this space… definitely won’t be stock for long 💪
View attachment 11589
Congratulations @KODAKHODAK , gorgeous bike with lots of potentials. Also, may I know what is your dog breed? His paw looks very big, always love big dogs 🤩

FrankJones

YESSSSSS!!! Love this post! Lol
Congrats on the sweet ride. I pick up mine in April. I’m driving to Texas and hauling my pikes peak with me to get the upmap. Had no idea there was a work around in California! @KODAKHODAK , did you goof around with the suspension settings and try to plush the bike out on the street?? Wondering how compliant she gets.
Bike looks
Amazing!!!

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 11589
Congratulations on your new bike Kodi
Beautiful friend there
Just saw your other qestions
So if I adjust the Shock Length can it raise the rear? No need to adjust the preload of the shock, just the length or is it best to get a ride height adjustment rod like this: CNC Racing Suspension Rod
yes it can no need to waste money on the CNC rod it’s just bling
Do you need to place the bike on rear stand to adjust the shock length and loosen the rear pinch bolts for the chain and loosen as this will effect the chain tension correct?
no need . Just take careful measurements and count threads. I also take photos. Go for a ride and test
If you don’t like the results you change back

BTW Love those big cooling vents on your new bike👍

KODAKHODAK

YESSSSSS!!! Love this post! Lol
Congrats on the sweet ride. I pick up mine in April. I’m driving to Texas and hauling my pikes peak with me to get the upmap. Had no idea there was a work around in California! @KODAKHODAK , did you goof around with the suspension settings and try to plush the bike out on the street?? Wondering how compliant she gets.
Bike looks
Amazing!!!
Hey Frank, I have liked the factory setup in Dynamic, had a good flex on it today with the Ducacti Club Ride… so far really like how grounded this bike feels on the road, can only imagine how much fun it will be in track.
Tonight I slapped my Bayliss wheels on the V4S, definitely looks more aggressive!

38ECD952-B297-4843-999A-740A223E640B.jpeg

bp_SFV4

It will fit, but the 19 is not ideal with the stock calipers. Most people seem to go with the 17. There's a chart or calculator online which compares the caliper to master ratio. I can't remember what the magic ratio is, off the top of my head.