Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

I thought id give an update, my local Ducati Dealer went to upload the Akrapovic Exhaust Map that was supplied by WRS.it where I bought the exhaust from, for some reason they can see the map associated with my VIN: I have gone back to WRS.it to know if they have unlocked the map to suit my bikes VIN, they did mention they are awaiting confirmation from their Supplier which I assume is Ducati in Bologna or does anyone on here know who the supplier would be for Akrapovic?

What could possibly prevent the communication of the Akrapovic Map not picking up my Bikes VIN on the Ducati Software that dealers have?

Last email I got many months ago was this:

Email Just Now Received: 5th July,2023
Hi Frank,

I saw this morning the email you wrote to me.
I immediately called my Ducati colleagues to find out what this delay is due to and try to resolve it by today.
In the afternoon( Italian hours) I will have all the answers so reassuringly
Sorry for the delay of the Ducati technicians, I will try to solve it right away

Luca Gentile

Email Several Months ago: 20th February, 2023
Hi Frank,
every delaer Ducati gives this service in all parts of the world.
Only the official Ducati software can match the map.
Once we purchase the exhaust we communicate the bike's VIN, once the exhaust is shipped the map is unlocked and the Ducati dealer will find it on his system
Regards

Luca Gentile

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
WRS bought the Akrapovic map from an official Ducati Dealer somewhere in Italy. That Ducati dealer inputs your VIN into the Ducati computer system that works globally.

KODAKHODAK

Let’s try again today after this email from Italy this morning:

Dear Customer,

The supplier has confirmed that the pairing has been carried out and the mapping is available.

Please confirm

Regards

Dino Pasqualini
Service Client

KODAKHODAK

I wonder if its a region/country problem. Ducati Italy says it's paired, but Ducati Australia has no clue.
Today my Ducati Dealer ask me for the product code for the exhaust to let Ducati Australia / Italy, they still had issues talking to the mothership.

Ill update you all when I have a green light

Last edited:

bp_SFV4

I'm not trying to excuse the dumbassedness in play, but this could be a homologation issue. In the US, I'd have to trailer my bike to the dealer without turn signals or a license plate (with a photo upload to Ducati) to even get a hope of the Akra map flashed.

My worry is that you are chasing a mediocre flash. I HIGHLY recommend duessenengines for a tune.

KODAKHODAK

I'm not trying to excuse the dumbassedness in play, but this could be a homologation issue. In the US, I'd have to trailer my bike to the dealer without turn signals or a license plate (with a photo upload to Ducati) to even get a hope of the Akra map flashed.

My worry is that you are chasing a mediocre flash. I HIGHLY recommend duessenengines for a tune.
Where you located mate, I am based in Australia, Canberra - I just find it hard to understand how something so simple, should be simple but its not. On today's episode ticket was submitted, but no one home in Ducati headquarters to respond. We wait on next week episode on how to talk to each other 🤣 #italianthings

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Where you located mate, I am based in Australia, Canberra - I just find it hard to understand how something so simple, should be simple but its not. On today's episode ticket was submitted, but no one home in Ducati headquarters to respond. We wait on next week episode on how to talk to each other 🤣 #italianthings
Kodi
I know you live in Canberra and Sydney is a 2.5 hour drive but Wayne who runs Tuneboy and has a great dyno facility is not that far away. He will get into your ECU and tune your bike to get the most out of it. Better than any "one size fits all" factory map. He is a genius at getting the most out of each individual bike. One of the main reasons is that each fuel injector on your bike has a slight variation. He will work around that to give you the best A/F ratio for power. Never heard a bad word said about his service. He did a great job on my Panigale after I fitted my full Akra back in 2014. Just a thought.

KODAKHODAK

Kodi
I know you live in Canberra and Sydney is a 2.5 hour drive but Wayne who runs Tuneboy and has a great dyno facility is not that far away. He will get into your ECU and tune your bike to get the most out of it. Better than any "one size fits all" factory map. He is a genius at getting the most out of each individual bike. One of the main reasons is that each fuel injector on your bike has a slight variation. He will work around that to give you the best A/F ratio for power. Never heard a bad word said about his service. He did a great job on my Panigale after I fitted my full Akra back in 2014. Just a thought.
If all else fails off to dyno I guess, what’s his rates like?

bp_SFV4

I'm in the US. Getting a bike flashed here is largely based on how loose the dealer is with Ducati policies.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi KodakHodak,

You just need to be persistent (and still civil and polite). In the end, Ducati prefers to have a happy customer, and if you push enough, you should be able to activate your Akrapovic map.

Most likely, this is just a glitch somewhere in their service computer system. Your ECU Map is not a street legal map anyway, which means it will work anywhere in the world because it is not developed to meet specific local emission requirements.

KODAKHODAK

Hi KodakHodak,

You just need to be persistent (and still civil and polite). In the end, Ducati prefers to have a happy customer, and if you push enough, you should be able to activate your Akrapovic map.

Most likely, this is just a glitch somewhere in their service computer system. Your ECU Map is not a street legal map anyway, which means it will work anywhere in the world because it is not developed to meet specific local emission requirements.
All good, have been patient with my Dealer, I used to work there so I know a few guys there, it’s been there for a week now, but it was only mid week that I got a confirmation from WRS saying everything is loaded against my VIN. Let’s see if we get a outcome this week

PanigalePilot

Staff member
All good, have been patient with my Dealer, I used to work there so I know a few guys there, it’s been there for a week now, but it was only mid week that I got a confirmation from WRS saying everything is loaded against my VIN. Let’s see if we get a outcome this week
I am sure they will look after you as an ex employee
You will be riding with your new map before you know it 👍

KODAKHODAK

Sadly, Ducati Australia wont accept WRS.it as an official Ducati Dealer for pairing the Akrapovic Exhaust here in Australia, I have reached out to WRS.it to see if they can support with some screenshot of them showing the pairing loaded to my VIN, but no response from yesterday. Its a bit disappointing but it might be a trip out to Sydney Dyno to get properly tuned.

KODAKHODAK

Sadly, Ducati Australia wont accept WRS.it as an official Ducati Dealer for pairing the Akrapovic Exhaust here in Australia, I have reached out to WRS.it to see if they can support with some screenshot of them showing the pairing loaded to my VIN, but no response from yesterday. Its a bit disappointing but it might be a trip out to Sydney Dyno to get properly tuned.
After no real response from Sydney Dyno and working at BMW Motorrad my Pirelli Tyre supplier provide another mob to go get the bike flashed and tuned via RB Racing in Sydney, from its recent reviews and the quality of his workshop and knowledge I am looking forward dropping the bike off next Thursday. On the positive least the bike will have a decent tune, look forward to sharing some numbers and how it rides after the tune.

bp_SFV4

My understanding is that the only way to get an Akrapovic exhaust is from a Ducati dealer. Meaning, WRS had to get it from a Ducati dealer. I bought a full system from Motowheels and they included, probably by accident, from where they got it. I didn’t get a Ducati tune for that bike but I’d presume the dealer, not the reseller, would have to register the VIN.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
After no real response from Sydney Dyno and working at BMW Motorrad my Pirelli Tyre supplier provide another mob to go get the bike flashed and tuned via RB Racing in Sydney, from its recent reviews and the quality of his workshop and knowledge I am looking forward dropping the bike off next Thursday. On the positive least the bike will have a decent tune, look forward to sharing some numbers and how it rides after the tune.
I have never heard of Sydney Dyno. But a quick google showed me they have a website.
In the early days Tuneboy in Sydney was the only guy that had cracked the ECU being used for the 1199 series. Wayne (cannot recall his surname) did mine back in 2014. Back then a full Ti Akra system cost me 4K AUD. And before and after dyno with the TB software including cruise control was about 600 dollars
Biggest thing for me was almost 6 kg in weight saving and the sound.