Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
it doesn’t work, so it’s come in a GP mode out of the box which means going up gears is not working but when you accelerate the shift up won’t budge, I spent hours trying to configure and it’s getting annoying to the point I want a refund.

currently the OEM works at best thus far, have contacted the supplier hopefully a workaround solution
Hi Kodakhodak, you can also contact Cordona Headoffice directly in Sweden.
They were responsive to my inquiry in the past. This is their email: info@cordona.net
or you can also fill the form on their webpage: Contact | Cordona Quickshifters

KODAKHODAK

Finally got it to switch I take it?
Yeah finally it switched over, basically when you turn the ignition on, wait for

1. Flash soon as it goes out
2. Hold Gear Pedal Up - wait for the Rapid Flashes to come on, soon as this happens
3. Start shifting up 6 times then release - then 2 other flashes will flash means its in standard mode.

Anyways took it bright an early this morning for a flex - and gave it some beans to test the up shifts and butter smooth downshifts. I feel this will resolve many of my issues as of late, just feels like a new bike again in the shifting department.

bp_SFV4

Aces. (y)

The downshifts with the Cordona are a thing to behold for sure. I'm not 100% on the up, but I think its a user issue.

I'm glad you got it sorted. The Cordona seems to prefer medium to light but very decisive and quick presses to function.

KODAKHODAK

Aces. (y)

The downshifts with the Cordona are a thing to behold for sure. I'm not 100% on the up, but I think its a user issue.

I'm glad you got it sorted. The Cordona seems to prefer medium to light but very decisive and quick presses to function.
only thing I have notice with this shifter is when I do a roller boost to top of 6th gear around 200kmph, I roll off for a bit and the bike is in low revs won't shift down, but if I do it with high rpm its ok - is this normal?

bp_SFV4

When it fails the downshift from 6th, if you apply light pressure with your foot to downshift and manually blip the throttle will it downshift? Are you on the V2 or V4?

KODAKHODAK

When it fails the downshift from 6th, if you apply light pressure with your foot to downshift and manually blip the throttle will it downshift? Are you on the V2 or V4?
I am on a V2, I am pretty much rolling off throttle then hitting the gear shifter down but it didn’t last night, I tried to manual blip it eventually did go down I have heard internal part could be failing

KODAKHODAK

I’m out of my element here, I’m not knowledgeable about V2 transmission issues.
it only happens at low revs in the RPM on the downshift, ill have to test some more, but if I encounter same issues prior to the new Cordona QS then it has to be internal issues from what I have read. Cheers for your help

bp_SFV4

Again, I'm out of my element but I had a similar problem.

Totally a guess...In the dash menu, set the wheel calibration value to default. Then perform a new wheel calibration. Do not use the QS in the time between you set it to default and you perform a new calibration.

KODAKHODAK

Again, I'm out of my element but I had a similar problem.

Totally a guess...In the dash menu, set the wheel calibration value to default. Then perform a new wheel calibration. Do not use the QS in the time between you set it to default and you perform a new calibration.
Do I just turn QS off and use it manually when doing the tyre calibration? Or just perform default wheel calibration click up to second gear and allow the cali calibration to do its thing as when you do a wheel calibration it asks you to be in 2nd gear

bp_SFV4

I'd set it to default then shift into 2nd from N and start the calibration. If you're somewhere flat starting from a stop in 2nd shouldn't be a problem.

KODAKHODAK

Question again, fellas, essentially V2 owners, have you ever raised the rear of your Ducati to gain a bit more front-end steer? Currently, I feel mine pushes on track at high speed and seeing if some changes to suspension would help.

(edited: perfect spelling now ;))

Last edited by a moderator:

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
You know you can hit the edit button if you have made a spelling mistake and easily fix it. :)

V2 or GSR1000R makes no difference. Suspension Tuning is the same for all bikes. I assume you mean "raised the rear of your ducati to gain a bit more front end steer". Read up on Rake and Trail. Plenty of stuff out there. Perhaps you are after quicker steering. You can either have steering quickness or stability or a range in between. Raising the rear will steepen the rake and reduce trail. This will result in quicker steering and may be great for slow tight corners or quick change of direction in the s turns. The downside is that the bike will be less stable on a long fast sweeper as every movement on the bars will have a bigger result. I previously did changes when I first got my 1199S and a 5 mm difference in ride height makes a difference. 10mm feels like you are on a different bike. I was very surprised at the differences small adjustments make. Depending on the rear shock brand, 1 turn of the ride height adjuster will alter ride height by 2 to 4 mm. A 4mm ride height adjustment will change trail by 1 mm. You will actually feel that. Every suspension book I have suggests strongly to record your start point with accurate to the millimetre measurements. Do one adjustment at a time and record it. Ride the bike and test. I personally found that after adjusting ride height front and rear, that I went back to stock OEM settings and spent more time adjusting compression and rebound dampening. I assume you have set the "Sag" on your bike. That is the start point. You adjust to your own requirements from there. If you ride Eastern Creek I assume you are local in Sydney. There are a few suspension adjusters that will set sag for you. Usually a 3 person job with you on the bike in your riding gear. (You can purchase ride height tools to do it yourself however the cost is more than getting someone to do it for you.) Your weight is what makes the difference. On exactly the same bike there will be small differences in "sag" for each rider. The bigger difference in weight will equal bigger differences in sag. It is a long post however it is not an easy answer in just a few words. Good luck with it. It is great fun reading, learning and then going out to test. (y)

KODAKHODAK

You know you can hit the edit button if you have made a spelling mistake and easily fix it. :)

V2 or GSR1000R makes no difference. Suspension Tuning is the same for all bikes. I assume you mean "raised the rear of your ducati to gain a bit more front end steer". Read up on Rake and Trail. Plenty of stuff out there. Perhaps you are after quicker steering. You can either have steering quickness or stability or a range in between. Raising the rear will steepen the rake and reduce trail. This will result in quicker steering and may be great for slow tight corners or quick change of direction in the s turns. The downside is that the bike will be less stable on a long fast sweeper as every movement on the bars will have a bigger result. I previously did changes when I first got my 1199S and a 5 mm difference in ride height makes a difference. 10mm feels like you are on a different bike. I was very surprised at the differences small adjustments make. Depending on the rear shock brand, 1 turn of the ride height adjuster will alter ride height by 2 to 4 mm. A 4mm ride height adjustment will change trail by 1 mm. You will actually feel that. Every suspension book I have suggests strongly to record your start point with accurate to the millimetre measurements. Do one adjustment at a time and record it. Ride the bike and test. I personally found that after adjusting ride height front and rear, that I went back to stock OEM settings and spent more time adjusting compression and rebound dampening. I assume you have set the "Sag" on your bike. That is the start point. You adjust to your own requirements from there. If you ride Eastern Creek I assume you are local in Sydney. There are a few suspension adjusters that will set sag for you. Usually a 3 person job with you on the bike in your riding gear. (You can purchase ride height tools to do it yourself however the cost is more than getting someone to do it for you.) Your weight is what makes the difference. On exactly the same bike there will be small differences in "sag" for each rider. The bigger difference in weight will equal bigger differences in sag. It is a long post however it is not an easy answer in just a few words. Good luck with it. It is great fun reading, learning and then going out to test. (y)
Thank you appreciate the response