Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

Ahhh. That was a common mod with the V2 platform back to the 1199. That's definaetly cheaper than the billet covers made to do the same thing.

But, I don't think that's going to help your problem, since your problem is with the electronics.
dunno, but I’ll try and I willdiscuss with work today to action a warranty on the unit

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
it supports the quick shifter shaft

Never heard of one of those. I have an 1199 and the QS up only always works perfect. Tuneboy adjustment cutback the fuel cut from 100ms to 50ms which works great. That Racetork thing just looks like a bracket to me so I doubt will have any effect on the fuel cut for downshift. In my humble opinion having been around the Panigale now since 2012 and trying all sorts of things (not QS though) I think sometimes we get kinda conned by marketing and FOMO pressure to get the latest and best when the factory have already done that for us when they design the bike.
If you have factory QS up and down on your bike and the down is not working properly then get the dealer to make it work under warranty. Or have I missed something.

How did you find going up a tooth on the front sprocket ? You must have got some good speed down the SMSP main straight.

bp_SFV4

KODAKHODAK

Never heard of one of those. I have an 1199 and the QS up only always works perfect. Tuneboy adjustment cutback the fuel cut from 100ms to 50ms which works great. That Racetork thing just looks like a bracket to me so I doubt will have any effect on the fuel cut for downshift. In my humble opinion having been around the Panigale now since 2012 and trying all sorts of things (not QS though) I think sometimes we get kinda conned by marketing and FOMO pressure to get the latest and best when the factory have already done that for us when they design the bike.
If you have factory QS up and down on your bike and the down is not working properly then get the dealer to make it work under warranty. Or have I missed something.

How did you find going up a tooth on the front sprocket ? You must have got some good speed down the SMSP main straight.
front sprocket chain is nice indeed definitely gets up to speed nice, we had a heavy headwind that day at SMP, best was around 245kph and being a rookie at this track I think next time once I sort QS I should go quicker.

Have booked in to get QS sorted hopefully something happens quickly to resolve this gremlin.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
front sprocket chain is nice indeed definitely gets up to speed nice, we had a heavy headwind that day at SMP, best was around 245kph and being a rookie at this track I think next time once I sort QS I should go quicker.

Have booked in to get QS sorted hopefully something happens quickly to resolve this gremlin.
I have only ridden short south circuit
170 kph is fastest I could get on the short straight before you brake for a 90 degree left turn
If you stuff it up you hit a fence head on
Scary

KODAKHODAK

59ACDFC8-08E6-44CF-8B9B-B7EF067E11B2.jpeg
C32D722D-7768-4EBC-82EF-D98374DE7216.jpeg
WRS 7 button street switch arrived today, will connect up tomorrow to see if all works, just did a dummy install as I have my Brembo RCS16 CORSACORTA Clutch Lever to install aswell - the cockpit is starting to take shape and almost complete now.

KODAKHODAK

I have only ridden short south circuit
170 kph is fastest I could get on the short straight before you brake for a 90 degree left turn
If you stuff it up you hit a fence head on
Scary
Go to The Bend Motorsport Park if you get a chance I hit 270kph on my previous 959 Panigale, if you stuff up plenty of run off

KODAKHODAK

41951F98-5584-4EA5-81C7-648E5761B918.jpeg
ell the Racetox support unit arrived and installed today, took it for a solid run to a local spot where I could stress test the same scenario that I did on Sunday, well after 5 hard pulls to top of 6th and then shifting down gears as I was simulating a 2nd gear corner it performed faultlessly, after the first run I was stunned, then pulled several more from 2nd gear to 6th and never once did it get stuck.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the shaft of the quick shifter might have seized on something, hence why it felt like a hard pedal to go down gears… dunno 🤷‍♂️ for now it’s working perfectly so I’ll monitor it and see how it all performs at the next track day.

KODAKHODAK

Question the rear Tail Fairing on a V2 are they the same size as a V2 or completely different?

I am looking to transform the Bayliss into a Winter Edition look with new fairings. If i was to buy NEW fairings as a base what option should i go with for quality?

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Question the rear Tail Fairing on a V2 are they the same size as a V2 or completely different?

I am looking to transform the Bayliss into a Winter Edition look with new fairings. If i was to buy NEW fairings as a base what option should i go with for quality?
I don’t understand the way you have written the question.
The way to check whether parts are the same is to look at the part number.
Same number same part.

KODAKHODAK

Update post track day, well the quick-shifter gremlin is still back and even tho I bought the additional Racetorx support it hasn’t fixed the issue, so I just ordered the Cordona QS Ducati Panigali V2 | Cordona GP ASG Superbike Quickshifter - Blipper | 20+
Will it fix the issue who knows but I’ll try anything!

on a positive smashed my lap time from my previous track day with a decent lap of 1:54… that’s huge improvement as I was doing 2:00’s only few weeks back. Here is my best lap of the day, please note my early braking is due to no confidence with the current downshift issue’s hopefully I can correct this in coming weeks and then again another track day.

KODAKHODAK

Guys I have received my Cordona QS and I can’t get it to go into OEM Standard shift Moto the unit is stuck in GP Mode and won’t for the dear life of me go into standard mode - can this be a faulty unit or am I do something wrong?

bp_SFV4

I don't know, what are you doing? On the Panigale it always needs to be in standard (up) mode regardless of if the bike is set up for standard or GP shift.

KODAKHODAK

I don't know, what are you doing? On the Panigale it always needs to be in standard (up) mode regardless of if the bike is set up for standard or GP shift.

it doesn’t work, so it’s come in a GP mode out of the box which means going up gears is not working but when you accelerate the shift up won’t budge, I spent hours trying to configure and it’s getting annoying to the point I want a refund.

currently the OEM works at best thus far, have contacted the supplier hopefully a workaround solution