Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

KODAKHODAK

@Andy7 I’ll be in SMP this Sunday to finally check the Cordona QS and hopefully this time no issues downshift - When’s your next track day?

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
@Andy7 I’ll be in SMP this Sunday to finally check the Cordona QS and hopefully this time no issues downshift - When’s your next track day?
Awesome, keen to hear how the cordona goes for you - should make all the difference without having the worry of mis shifts in the back of your mind all day. I was planning to get down for at least saturday & maybe sunday too - got a few mates racing friday and saturday night so will be pit bitch for them as well I think. Looking like the weather will hold up for u!

KODAKHODAK

B609332E-F043-4EE2-B151-C8908FD97EAE.jpeg
Today I brought my Bayliss to get fresh rubber for this weekend Trackday, and wanted to compare a near stock Bayliss vs Mine… it’s definitely noticeable difference amongst the wheel & tyres choice, definitely looking forward to see how the New Pirelli SC3 tyre goes on the rear, and SC1 Front. @FrankJones if you get a chance did you notice anything different with the bigger rear rubber?

KODAKHODAK

Any tips for tyre pressures for Supercorsa SC3 rear and SC1 cold pressures for track riding? Pirelli tell me 26psi rear and 30mins fronts doing track day at SMP, any tips from people using this tyre appreciate it

Andy7

Staff member
Not too sure about cold, I’m 32f 26r off the warmers. Talk to some of the guys at the track they’ll start you off in the right direction, from there it’s just feel.

FrankJones

View attachment 11247
Today I brought my Bayliss to get fresh rubber for this weekend Trackday, and wanted to compare a near stock Bayliss vs Mine… it’s definitely noticeable difference amongst the wheel & tyres choice, definitely looking forward to see how the New Pirelli SC3 tyre goes on the rear, and SC1 Front. @FrankJones if you get a chance did you notice anything different with the bigger rear rubber?
Hey happy Friday!
You know, I honestly don’t remember. Between the 190/55, 200/55, 200/60, and the 200/65, you get different results. Quicker turn in etc.
I’m pretty simple and usually see what the tire guy recommends at the track and go from there. The tech is always changing and since tire guys at the track attend and work a lot of races. I feel that they are usually at the forefront of what is out there.
In my opinion. If you have a dedicated track set of wheels, then go with what the racers use. Currently the size they run is that 200/65 with the 125 front.
For street
The 190/55 is what is on my Multistrada and it handles quick. I was considering going for the 200/55, but decided against it because that would slow down turn in. The next logical step would be the 200/60. This shares more of the profile of the 190/55. Which means the bike would handle quick, AND would have a bigger contact patch on its side. Super cool, BUT this tire is 10% taller. This would change geometry slight. - quicker steering, at the expense of stability. Also, I would need to change gearing to also bring back the acceleration.
Haha. So there are many factors to consider.
Your bike is looking great!!!

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hey happy Friday!
You know, I honestly don’t remember. Between the 190/55, 200/55, 200/60, and the 200/65, you get different results. Quicker turn in etc.
I’m pretty simple and usually see what the tire guy recommends at the track and go from there. The tech is always changing and since tire guys at the track attend and work a lot of races. I feel that they are usually at the forefront of what is out there.
In my opinion. If you have a dedicated track set of wheels, then go with what the racers use. Currently the size they run is that 200/65 with the 125 front.
For street
The 190/55 is what is on my Multistrada and it handles quick. I was considering going for the 200/55, but decided against it because that would slow down turn in. The next logical step would be the 200/60. This shares more of the profile of the 190/55. Which means the bike would handle quick, AND would have a bigger contact patch on its side. Super cool, BUT this tire is 10% taller. This would change geometry slight. - quicker steering, at the expense of stability. Also, I would need to change gearing to also bring back the acceleration.
Haha. So there are many factors to consider.
Your bike is looking great!!!
Thanks for this post @FrankJones ,
PERFECT TIMING,
I was debating between buying a 190/55 vs. 200/55 or 200/60 rear tire for my 998 projects today, and you pointed out that the 200/60 is 10% taller than 190/55, I decided to just go with 190/55. Well, actually, I was considering 200/55, but I think it will look "not proportional" for 998 and might pose fitment issues with fenders/swing arm/chain guard/exhaust pipe

KODAKHODAK

Well finally yesterday was the day everything went perfectly besides the extreme heat, no longer do I have the quickshifter issue after many times trying to scratch my head finally it’s resolved. The new tyres SC3 200/60/17 performed amazing to the point it gave me that much more confidence to lay down the knee again. Smashed my pb from last outing from a 1:54 to now a 1:49 💪 Next step is to put the 14T back on and get my top speed back as I was down 10kph down the straight. Overall thank you to everyone that has provided support it’s was definitely an enjoyable day
75417487-1832-4AD3-9EA8-974A81C4121D.jpeg
3045D76F-1AC5-4371-9DB7-DC5C8273E076.jpeg
5B816B0C-689D-41EE-9BC7-0B8A1620972E.jpeg
27878C7D-1B11-46E8-A1B0-A23CAC18F3AA.jpeg

KODAKHODAK

Looking good Rossi! 😉 I missed the post. Did you go -1 on the countershaft sprocket?
Were you hitting the rev limiter on the straight?
Sometimes yes and sometimes no, I didn’t like the stock gearing going to change it back to 14T as I was down on speed, was trying to hit the first amber light rather than redline, did hit it a few times

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Well finally yesterday was the day everything went perfectly besides the extreme heat, no longer do I have the quickshifter issue after many times trying to scratch my head finally it’s resolved. The new tyres SC3 200/60/17 performed amazing to the point it gave me that much more confidence to lay down the knee again. Smashed my pb from last outing from a 1:54 to now a 1:49 💪 Next step is to put the 14T back on and get my top speed back as I was down 10kph down the straight. Overall thank you to everyone that has provided support it’s was definitely an enjoyable day
View attachment 11280
View attachment 11281
View attachment 11282
View attachment 11283
That is a great photo with your dragging there, elbow next session. 👍

Andy7

Staff member
Good stuff, was there many hold ups with crashes? Saturday was a nightmare

KODAKHODAK

Not a huge amount of mods done as of late, still waiting to receive my Carbon S2 Winglets which are about 6-8 weeks away, however few snaps of the bike over the summer night rides we have had recently. Oh yeah I have added a V2S sticker like on the V4S, why? because I can :p

Also invested in a brand new AGV Pista RR Rossi Helmet via BikeBiz, super happy with the quality and weight saving on the head.

IMG_4138_jpg.jpg
IMG_4499.jpg

IMG_4503.jpg

IMG_4500.jpg

IMG_4502.jpg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Not a huge amount of mods done as of late, still waiting to receive my Carbon S2 Winglets which are about 6-8 weeks away, however few snaps of the bike over the summer night rides we have had recently. Oh yeah I have added a V2S sticker like on the V4S, why? because I can :p

Also invested in a brand new AGV Pista RR Rossi Helmet via BikeBiz, super happy with the quality and weight saving on the head.

View attachment 11461
View attachment 11462

View attachment 11463

View attachment 11464

View attachment 11465
Those BLUE Titanium Exhaust Pipe peeking on the right side of the fairing is just so :love: