V4R track build

Jamin_00

Hey guys.

Not done forums for some time but got invited by another member so why not.

Got myself a new V4R in September for my new trackday toy. Will be doing a fair bit to it as it’s what I like to do. As I’ve already had it a couple of months I have already done a fair bit. But I do not have many pictures currently but will share more as I go.

So far;
Spare set of OEM Marchesini rims for my wets
Spider open clutch cover
Spider engine cover
TWM levers
TWM quick release fuel cap
Jet prime kill switch so its keyless ignition
Ducati race fairing
Ducati Rizoma mirror blanks
Ducati rear number plate cover bit
Melotti Racing triple clamp
Giamoto rearsets, Evotech brake guard
Evotech fork protectors
Fullsix carbon frame cover
Fullsix rear subframe covers
Fullsix carbon rear fender

Got quite a few CNC parts on order this week which I hope arrive and a few other bits and bobs.

Weapon of a bike. So far only ridden at Brands GP and Silverstone in the rain on wets and then on inters as it dried out. Electronics on this bike are amazing.

Will update as I go.

94BFDFEE-41A2-4716-8A9B-69D979AF51DD.jpeg0DD494F6-02AA-488E-8242-253ABD9365E8.jpeg
7BE7B6A9-7270-4650-89F9-4E63C34074E6.jpeg2C348BF3-E433-4A34-BFCE-5A8272EC8F1D.jpeg
8DE38569-5202-4211-9525-9AEC80CDEF14.jpeg26E7A745-E44E-42AB-9574-34E931F26E1F.jpeg
6EA1FBAF-2434-4962-AF46-C304E6891044.jpeg662A4EE9-AB48-4AA1-A188-6FCB6744470E.jpeg
ED97A4F2-6738-43A2-AF52-5FC6582C4FB7.jpeg907E0C68-2C82-4F50-ADA6-802B5BFE970B.jpeg
B3D351B5-508C-4878-8790-BD4D23333F66.jpeg4E8D82E6-C2A9-43CC-9D2F-2160CB857ACE.jpeg
13B741E9-29CF-4DE7-9BAC-E23D72D2308C.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hello Jamin,

Thanks so much for starting this TRACK BUILD thread. All of us really appreciate your content contribution and assure you that this forum will be the most civilized and comfortable forum.
If there is anything me or the 5 other forum moderators can do to assist you, please kindly just let one of us know about it.

By the way, I noticed you post your pictures above using the "ATTACH files" Button, thus resulting the pictures showing up as a smaller THUMBNAIL.
Do you prefer your pictures like that (as a smaller thumbnail)?
or
Do you prefer your pictures to be LARGE in size so members can see it right away without having to click on the thumbnails?

If you want your pictures to be large, you can post it by clicking the "image" button I circle in RED (screen shot below). This button is located on the rows of button on top of the window where you write your thread/post.
Once you click that button, you can choose whether uploading your picture from your computer/phone or use a weblink.
We set the maximum image size to be 800 x 600 pixel, , so if your pictures is super large high res file, you need to resize it to 800x600 pixel in size.
We do this so you can post 2 pictures side by side, which is good when you are doing "before and after" comparison picture, plus it is high res enough yet still upload quick enough.

Again below is the screenshot with the red circle showing the "image button" that you can click:
Capture.JPG

edited: I just saw your message on Facebook, so I will go ahead and edited your first post above to make your picture larger right on the post 👍 😃

Thanks again Jamin

Jamin_00

Hello Jamin,

Thanks so much for starting this TRACK BUILD thread. All of us really appreciate your content contribution and assure you that this forum will be the most civilized and comfortable forum.
If there is anything me or the 5 other forum moderators can do to assist you, please kindly just let one of us know about it.

By the way, I noticed you post your pictures above using the "ATTACH files" Button, thus resulting the pictures showing up as a smaller THUMBNAIL.
Do you prefer your pictures like that (as a smaller thumbnail)?
or
Do you prefer your pictures to be LARGE in size so members can see it right away without having to click on the thumbnails?

If you want your pictures to be large, you can post it by clicking the "image" button I circle in RED (screen shot below). This button is located on the rows of button on top of the window where you write your thread/post.
Once you click that button, you can choose whether uploading your picture from your computer/phone or use a weblink.
We set the maximum image size to be 800 x 600 pixel, , so if your pictures is super large high res file, you need to resize it to 800x600 pixel in size.
We do this so you can post 2 pictures side by side, which is good when you are doing "before and after" comparison picture, plus it is high res enough yet still upload quick enough.

Again below is the screenshot with the red circle showing the "image button" that you can click:
View attachment 1543

edited: I just saw your message on Facebook, so I will go ahead and edited your first post above to make your picture larger right on the post 👍 😃

Thanks again Jamin
Thanks. I prefer to see pics larger when I’m looking at others so they do not have to click on them. I’ll use the image button in the future.

Heres a pic of my van I got to move my bike to trackdays. Just fitted a static ramp this weekend for ease.
How do I rotate the pic?E8ADE210-8EDE-4F30-AE6D-A17730574349.jpegAFDB6D44-AFDB-4E8C-96C2-008EE414178E.jpeg

4C9F474A-F73B-48C8-A60C-F0A3EFC7C7F3.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

POMPLARDPANAM

Thanks. I prefer to see pics larger when I’m looking at others so they do not have to click on them. I’ll use the image button in the future.

Heres a pic of my van I got to move my bike to trackdays. Just fitted a static ramp this weekend for ease.
How do I rotate the pic?View attachment 1590View attachment 1592View attachment 1591
hi damn i need something like that to go to the motorland Aragon during 3days next year that's perfect

BMW Alpina

Staff member
How do I rotate the pic?

Hi Jamin_00,

First of all, that is not a VAN, but it is an AMG Van, big differences 😇(y)
WOW, I think your AMG Van is the nicest personal bike to track transport setup I had ever seen !!!

Second, I just pay attention to all the stickers on your fairings, and it is tastefully done. I love it !😍

Third,
I just rotated the picture on your post above for you.
To rotate the picture, you need to rotate it BEFORE you upload it. So you need to open the picture on your laptop using software like Microsoft Paint of Microsoft Photos or any other picture viewing software then Rotate it, then Save it, then upload it to our forum.
Sometimes, after you save it, you still need to do 1 more step, which is goes to your windows explorer, open the folder where you save your picture, view it as large or extra large icons, then right click on the picture and select rotate right or left.
Please let me know if you have more questions about rotating the pictures

Jamin_00

Hi Jamin_00,

First of all, that is not a VAN, but it is an AMG Van, big differences 😇(y)
WOW, I think your AMG Van is the nicest personal bike to track transport setup I had ever seen !!!

Second, I just pay attention to all the stickers on your fairings, and it is tastefully done. I love it !😍

Third,
I just rotated the picture on your post above for you.
To rotate the picture, you need to rotate it BEFORE you upload it. So you need to open the picture on your laptop using software like Microsoft Paint of Microsoft Photos or any other picture viewing software then Rotate it, then Save it, then upload it to our forum.
Sometimes, after you save it, you still need to do 1 more step, which is goes to your windows explorer, open the folder where you save your picture, view it as large or extra large icons, then right click on the picture and select rotate right or left.
Please let me know if you have more questions about rotating the pictures
I tell you what, I had thevan remapped the other week as I only just got it and it’s bloody awesome now lol. Although it is only to move the bikes around I do find myself using it a lot. I love it. Thanks btw :)

So regarding the pic, I’m on the iPad and it’s the correct way. It rotated to how it was when uploaded?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I tell you what, I had thevan remapped the other week as I only just got it and it’s bloody awesome now lol. Although it is only to move the bikes around I do find myself using it a lot. I love it. Thanks btw :)

So regarding the pic, I’m on the iPad and it’s the correct way. It rotated to how it was when uploaded?
Hi Jamin_00

I just tried using my iPad, and you need to open the picture and do the following steps:

1. Click EDIT on the RIGHT TOP side of the screen

2. Click on the button I marked with the RED Arrow on the picture below

3. Click on the button I marked with the ORANGE Arrow on the picture below to ROTATE your picture

4. Click on the DONE button I marked with the GREEN Arrow on the picture below, and then you can upload the picture to our forum. Please kindly try it and see if it work.

IMG_9294.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thanks guys. These arrived today and please unlike FB let’s not not start saying they are not as good as stock ;)

They defo look a lot better and just the bling the R deserves 😀

View attachment 1612
The calipers looks very nice Jamin_00, :love:
so have you decided on which Master Cylinder you will use with this GP4-RX calipers ?
Do you also plan to use Stahlbus Quick Bleeder/Banjo Bolts combo?

Jamin_00

The calipers looks very nice Jamin_00, :love:
so have you decided on which Master Cylinder you will use with this GP4-RX calipers ?
Do you also plan to use Stahlbus Quick Bleeder/Banjo Bolts combo?
I do want quick release on these yes But not sure which Stahlbus ones to go for? Also want to do an ABS delete. How easy is it for this hike as you can turn the rear off in the dash? Does it cause any issues etc?

I have got the MC coming tomorrow. Brembo CNC billet master with a RCS17 clutch

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I do want quick release on these yes But not sure which Stahlbus ones to go for? Also want to do an ABS delete. How easy is it for this hike as you can turn the rear off in the dash? Does it cause any issues etc?

I have got the MC coming tomorrow. Brembo CNC billet master with a RCS17 clutch
Hi Jamin_00,
I think you were thinking Staubli (quick release) instead of Stahlbus (quick bleeder), they are different companies. If you want Staubli (quick release), I had a special solution for you (since your brake caliper does not have separate bleeder valve for the 100mm mounting bolt format). I will get back to you with the solution later this evening (my time), now I need to rush to a lunch with my customer (work related).

Also, will talk more about ABS delete later too.

But the most important thing is, you can NOT use the RCS17 Master Cylinder, the RCS17 is for our stock Brembo Stylema caliper with 30mm piston in the caliper or the GP4-MS (also 30mm piston).
Your GP4-RX had 32mm piston (larger), thus will need RCS19 Master Cylinder (and it will be best to get the latest version which is the RCS19 CORSA CORTA (not the non corsa corta one) since the CORSA CORTA is only very slightly more in price compare to the regular RCS19.

Talk to you later today :)