V4R track build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Bruce,
Is that front axle made of Stainless Steel, or Aluminum or Titanium or Chromoly?
Did you made it yourself? if not, may I know who made it for you?
Can you please help post a closeup picture of the other side of the axle and pictures of the axle and nut outside the forks?
Thanks so much

Bruce Wayne

Hi Bruce,
Is that front axle made of Stainless Steel, or Aluminum or Titanium or Chromoly?
Did you made it yourself? if not, may I know who made it for you?
Can you please help post a closeup picture of the other side of the axle and pictures of the axle and nut outside the forks?
Thanks so much
Not sure what it is made from it came from evol technology in the us with the tripple clamps, im making a new on with a different setup, this one is very heavy because of the design, i will take it out next couple of days and show you, the one im making was going to be titanium but im now thinking chrome moly.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Not sure what it is made from it came from evol technology in the us with the tripple clamps, im making a new on with a different setup, this one is very heavy because of the design, i will take it out next couple of days and show you, the one im making was going to be titanium but im now thinking chrome moly.
Yes, please kindly post the picture of the current (heavy) design from evol technology.
Also, do you plan to follow the design like your BMW HP4 Race axle? I like the BMW HP4 Race axle setup because it is a very simple and nice design (plus very light) that I think I will use for mine.
Too bad, the HP4 Race axle is about 15.5mm shorter and also I believe use a 24mm diameter axle,/wheel bearing, otherwise, it will be a bolt on solution for the Panigale V4 with the FGR301.

Bruce Wayne

I have decided to make a titanium one same as stock but with a threaded bush instead of a nut. I have setup the titanium bar in the lathe and done a test cut to test the alignment of the lathe so the axle will be paralell. Tomorrow i will machine the axle and take pictures along the way.20201214_172002~2.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
And this is the aftermarket titanium oneView attachment 2379View attachment 2380
Hi Bruce Wayne,
Thanks so much for all the pictures and the weight information. That is really an eye opening especially if you are using percentage to compare the weight between the axles.
Was the TiN coated (Golden) colored aftermarket Titanium axle from Zeta-Racing? When did you purchase that axle? Because I was told, Zeta-Racing is now close their operation and no one is selling their products anymore.
Also, was it a stock dimension axle from Zeta-Racing for the stock Panigale V4R forks? or was it for the FGR301 forks?

I can't wait to see more pictures and learn from your upcoming custom Titanium machine axle šŸ˜ƒ

Bruce Wayne

Hi Bruce Wayne,
Thanks so much for all the pictures and the weight information. That is really an eye opening especially if you are using percentage to compare the weight between the axles.
Was the TiN coated (Golden) colored aftermarket Titanium axle from Zeta-Racing? When did you purchase that axle? Because I was told, Zeta-Racing is now close their operation and no one is selling their products anymore.
Also, was it a stock dimension axle from Zeta-Racing for the stock Panigale V4R forks? or was it for the FGR301 forks?

I can't wait to see more pictures and learn from your upcoming custom Titanium machine axle šŸ˜ƒ
Yeah its a zeta it is for the stock v4 forks, i bought it a long time ago but never used it.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hello @Jamin_00 ,

I need your kind help. What year is your V4R?

And did your V4R came from the Ducati factory with the plate cover right above rear Ohlins Shock absorber that I marked with RED Arrow on the picture below in regular plastic (lfirst picture) or in Carbon Fiber (Second picture)?
Thank You

Used-2019-Ducati-Panigale-V4-R-Motorcycle-WITH-RACING-KIT-234-HP-47K-INVESTED.jpg

V4R Carbon Fiber Lower Subframe Over Exhaust Manifold Cover panigale-v4r-chassis.jpg

Bruce Wayne

Hi Bruce, I'm on the same track looking for reduction as well.

are you going to use OEM wheel spacer, or changing it out to aftermarket captive spacer? (fast frank claimed: OEM is 110g FF: are 70g)
Im making a captive spacer on the left side and the axle wil have longer shoulder on right side to act as a spacer, just need to swap out seal to suit. Will post pictures soon