V4R track build

MaverickiB

That, and although it’s relatively trivial for anyone spending for Sicoms, you also need a separate rain setup to take to the track in case of weather.

Also, what’s the life span of the Sicoms? Similar to steels vs carbon ceramics in the automotive world? Rumor has it carbon ceramics last forever (~100kmi) on the street, but don’t hold up well to track use.
That's a good question. Carbon ceramic brakes don't last long on cars that do track days since the heat degrades the material. However, I wonder if motorcycle applications produce the same effects, as carbon ceramic also dissipates heat better. I'd be interesting in seeing how braking loads/heat cycles really differ between cars/motorcycles with carbon ceramic compound disks.

IIRC, carbon ceramic is fine for wet weather and doesn't suffer the same lack of performance carbon-carbon brakes like on GP bikes do in wet conditions. But I could be totally wrong on that.

craig bush

IIRC, carbon ceramic is fine for wet weather and doesn't suffer the same lack of performance carbon-carbon brakes like on GP bikes do in wet conditions. But I could be totally wrong on that.
I thought Sicoms were full carbon discs. They aren’t?

edit: I just looked and see they aren’t. You’re correct - they’re carbon ceramic.(y)

Last edited: