V4R track build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Ok man cheers.

The RCS 17 is for the clutch. Brembo Clutch Master Cylinder RCS 17 - Road Race Performance Shropshire LTD

The CNC billet master cylinder I’m getting for the calipers is the CNC billet 19x18 Brembo | Master Cylinders | CNC Radial Brake Master Cylinder 19x18 - Road Race Performance Shropshire LTD
Oh, I thought you mistype since the recommended clutch MC for our bike is the RCS16. I am currently waiting to purchase the RCS16 Corsa Corta Clutch MC that supposed to be out this month but yesterday, I got information that it is delayed again to Q1 2021.
I believe, The RCS17 will require even more effort to press the lever.

Back to Staubli quick release solution,
since your caliper will require to use this Staubli banjo fitting and this Staubli banjo fitting is thicker than your regular banjo fitting, that mean you will need longer banjo bolt.

IMG_8570.JPG

But since your brake caliper does not have any separate port for bleeder valve, that means you will need a LONGER banjo bolt with a bleeder valve.
And if you also want TITANIUM material, then the only solution with 23mm long banjo bolt (instead of the regular 19mm length) that I can found so far is from MCET in Germany and here is the link:
singel banjo bolt M 10 x 1.0 x 23 titanium with bleeder-ZB.140/1.0TB

and here is the picture:
6933_0.jpg

Of course you will also need the other Staubli quick disconnect connector which is this model:
IMG_8571.JPG

so when you coupled them together it will look like this:
IMG_8575.JPG

The stahlbus is just a banjo bolt with quick bleeder like this one I used on my oberon clutch slave cylinder but they don't come in the length long enough for the thicker Staubli quick release.
IMG_8162.JPG

If you want ABS delete, from what I understand in the Panigale V4, all you need to do is just re route the brake line directly from your master cylinder to the brake caliper, but you can't take off/unplug the ABS module since it will cause warning / error light on your dashboard.
I don't know anyone selling a plug to remove the ABS system for the Panigale V4 yet. Do you feel the ABS hindered your track time?

Jamin_00

Thanks. OK regarding the clutch, I thought the 17 is a higher powered ratio meaning it will require even less effort?

OK, so if I order all the Staubli bits above then I can connect them to my hoses and have a quick release system?

Regarding ABS, yes twice. Set to Race mode so its front only and its lowest intrusive setting it still engaged once and sent me off track in to a run off area after hitting 181mph at Silverstone on the back straight and I had to play with it to get it too allow me to stop. I prefer the ABS removed completely.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi Jamin_00,

The 17 means it is a 17mm diameter master cylinder. meaning it will require LESS "lever travel" to move the piston in the slave clutch cylinder. but that "LESS travel" does NOT come free but at the expense of more effort to push.
The relation between master cylinder and slave cylinder is similar in concept to the relation between your front sprocket and rear sprocket,
or the relation between your rear sprocket and your read wheel diameter.

The 16 will allow you to press with LESS effort but it will require you to press longer before the clutch engage.
If you notice, I replace my clutch slave cylinder with the OBERON unit which is more reliable compare to the stock unit (people had a lot of complain with leak or needing to bleed regularly), and also it is a slightly LARGER diameter clutch slave cylinder, which mean even less effort to push but longer lever travel. So the LARGER diameter clutch slave cylinder is inversely proportional to the SMALLER diameter clutch master cylinder.

And yes, if you order all the Staubli bits above, then you can connect to your hoses and have a quick release system. Of course your hoses now must be terminated in the AN-3 female nut connection not banjo anymore (the end that connect to the Staubli)

Jamin_00

Right. I will be totally honest and say that I do not fully understand the ratios on these etc. I assumed it was a larger piston which allows less effort on the lever but hey ho lol.

OK, thanks for the info above. I will look also for the clutch slave cylinder and get that replaced too. Just spoke to a dealer and he can get me Venhil lines all ready to go. Also, he going to see if anyone does and ABS delete system if not then I will just bypass it and plug it up.

Thanks for the info so far. I have had delivery confirmation of some goodies that have arrived at home. I wont be home for another couple of hours yet.

Bruce Wayne

Thanks. OK regarding the clutch, I thought the 17 is a higher powered ratio meaning it will require even less effort?

OK, so if I order all the Staubli bits above then I can connect them to my hoses and have a quick release system?

Regarding ABS, yes twice. Set to Race mode so its front only and its lowest intrusive setting it still engaged once and sent me off track in to a run off area after hitting 181mph at Silverstone on the back straight and I had to play with it to get it too allow me to stop. I prefer the ABS removed completely.
Abs can be bypassed, you obviously require new brake lines but the abs pump cant be removed but you can buy plugs for where the lines connected, the abs module is integrated on this model so i dont see anyone bringing out a solution other than going full motec system but thats crazy expensive.

Bruce Wayne

Resized_IMG_20200206_101926_228315680443426.jpeg

Jamin_00

I looked at the Pitbulls and yes while they are solid they look like a faff if you don’t get the bike straight so you will be messing around back and forwards. Because of that it’s why I went for the Nomorestraps system.
Takes all of 60 secs. Roll it in to the front part and do it up then lift the rear up and tighten that part and job done.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Hey guys.

Not done forums for some time but got invited by another member so why not.

Got myself a new V4R in September for my new trackday toy. Will be doing a fair bit to it as it’s what I like to do. As I’ve already had it a couple of months I have already done a fair bit. But I do not have many pictures currently but will share more as I go.

So far;
Spare set of OEM Marchesini rims for my wets
Spider open clutch cover
Spider engine cover
TWM levers
TWM quick release fuel cap
Jet prime kill switch so its keyless ignition
Ducati race fairing
Ducati Rizoma mirror blanks
Ducati rear number plate cover bit
Melotti Racing triple clamp
Giamoto rearsets, Evotech brake guard
Evotech fork protectors
Fullsix carbon frame cover
Fullsix rear subframe covers
Fullsix carbon rear fender

Got quite a few CNC parts on order this week which I hope arrive and a few other bits and bobs.

Weapon of a bike. So far only ridden at Brands GP and Silverstone in the rain on wets and then on inters as it dried out. Electronics on this bike are amazing.

Will update as I go.

View attachment 1555View attachment 1556
View attachment 1557View attachment 1558
View attachment 1559View attachment 1560
View attachment 1561View attachment 1562
View attachment 1563View attachment 1564
View attachment 1565View attachment 1566
View attachment 1567

Welcome to the forum and what a great bike and van. Look forward to seeing more. :)

PS I love the bling look of the bright Nickel Calipers.

Jamin_00

So not had chance to do much lately.
Had the calipers fitted along with the quick release lines. Removed the abs and fitted a HEL h line on the front and had the rear Oem line modified so it kept the metal line and also kept it neat and tidy. Fitted the HPK Brembo fromt brake mc and the RCS clutch. Switch gear coming.

Fitting a Bonamici rear brake res and also having that custom fit to do away with all that crap there too.FAFE909E-9582-4C04-9A35-07591EF0DD78.jpegD6F3F26F-97F3-4948-A327-D8549A0C938A.jpegFD565DC4-D7C4-45F2-9245-F72331FCBEC4.jpeg6A611C94-BC6E-4EA8-A83B-A4FBC3B87831.jpeg

Jamin_00

Not much too add lately. Still in the shop. Switch gear needed replacing as doesn’t fit the Brembo mc I have. Exhaust still not arrived in stock.

Picked up my fairings today from the painters. Whilst on way back from collecting my new bike 😀

07B2064B-7581-452A-B0DE-E924B4666438.jpegE095983F-8413-4E0F-A823-ED510744E927.jpeg

4974F432-D23F-40B4-AB8B-EE17FEBB3533.jpeg9E72DDA0-0272-4653-886B-0D25D388A984.jpegC9B21F93-D594-4C51-B23D-E91172E50DFC.jpeg
A93F9548-6CE9-492F-A156-A2F23DEEEA3B.jpeg397852E9-8E46-4BA9-BDAA-45C2EE6A5710.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

POMPLARDPANAM

Not much too add lately. Still in the shop. Switch gear needed replacing as doesn’t fit the Brembo mc I have. Exhaust still not arrived in stock.

Picked up my fairings today from the painters. Whilst on way back from collecting my new bike 😀

View attachment 2034View attachment 2035

View attachment 2046View attachment 2039View attachment 2040
View attachment 2045View attachment 2042
Yeah bro a R1 another good choice damn u're killing the game
with wich one are u faster i have seen that shit to day
until the end this time damn...that's crazy this GSX R is a killer