V4R track build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
nice 👍
billet shock mount as well?
Hi @craig bush
From the picture above, It looks like the TOP (Silver) Part of @Bruce Wayne Ohlins RSP40 WSBK rear shock is also made by machined/billet aluminum (there are machining mark on it), while ours Ohlins rear shock is cast aluminum
yes, super nice :love:

That shock is a work of art. Selling the OEM one? Haha
Hi @MaverickiB,
I am selling my OEM Ohlins "Electronic" Front Forks from my bike if you are interested, only 4 miles on the odometer 😀:
Below is my listing in classified section of this forum:
Panigale V4S Ohlins FORK Forks 4 miles Part# 34420962A Right & 34520962A Left (selling as a PAIR)

Mine is the "Electronic" Front Forks the exact same one as 2019 V4S Ohlins forks but I saw on this YouTube video that the internal can be replaced with K-Tech to make it non "Electronic":

MaverickiB

Yeah, I'd be more interested in the V4R forks/shock because they aren't electronic. It isn't super cheap to change electronic forks over to mechanical, kinda defeats the purpose of trying to save money buying used.

craig bush

Yeah, I'd be more interested in the V4R forks/shock because they aren't electronic. It isn't super cheap to change electronic forks over to mechanical, kinda defeats the purpose of trying to save money buying used.
Can a base even use the ec2 fork or shock? I suspect you’d have to retrofit the suspension ecu as well.

MaverickiB

Can a base even use the ec2 fork or shock? I suspect you’d have to retrofit the suspension ecu as well.
Nope. In order to use the electronic suspension, I would have to convert it into mechanical instead. Costs about 400-500 bucks to do so. Eats into the savings from buying used, and the stock electronic forks aren't THAT good to warrant it. I'm okay with my Showa BPFs right now, though I will likely change internals. I want to swap out the rear shock because the Sachs shock that comes with the base model has no ride height adjustment. I'll either try to scoop up a used shock from someone with an R or go with a less pricey unit like Mupo. Eventually, I'd like to use the Showa BFFs the Barni Racing team used last season, but they've been ignoring my attempts to contact them and Showa hasn't answered me either :( I guess I can get them from a ZX-10 and just wing it, but my mechanical skills need some refining before I tackle a project like that.

craig bush

Have you used them before? I am thinking of going with the same ones, but 3k is quite a bit to drop on rotors I don't know if I'll like or not.
That, and although it’s relatively trivial for anyone spending for Sicoms, you also need a separate rain setup to take to the track in case of weather.

Also, what’s the life span of the Sicoms? Similar to steels vs carbon ceramics in the automotive world? Rumor has it carbon ceramics last forever (~100kmi) on the street, but don’t hold up well to track use.

Last edited: