One man's 21' Ducati Panigale V2

KODAKHODAK

The way of the future. I didnt know this but World Super bike is now running 200/65 rear and a 125/70 front. My tire is barely off the ground while on the rear stand! Lol The V2 is just so much lighter now. At this point its significantly lighter than stock. Pushing it around, loading and unloading the bike, direction change. Its almost time for final weigh in…
Thanks for looking!!

View attachment 5403View attachment 5406View attachment 5404View attachment 5405
New to the group, not new to Ducati's had a few in the past 848 EVO and 959, soon to get delivery on V2 Bayliss Edition... my question is how did you get a a rear 200 tyre fit on yours any mods?

Cheers
Frank

FrankJones

Welcome KODAKHODAK!
So my street set up is a set of stock panigale v4s wheels. They are the 17x6 rear with a 200/55 on it. It was a very tight fit squeaking that around the stock exhaust. Now with there Akrapovic its a non issue. The next bit that is extremely close is the stock rear fender. I noticed that when I went with the carbon heel guards, the angle of the guard was so different from the stock guard, that I was not totally sure that it was meant for the V2. Once I put the carbon rear fender on, it all made sense. The rear fender follows the same higher aggressive angle as the carbon heel guards. This also resulted in greater clearance for that rear tire.

Now on track I use that 200/65 rear and it fits great.

Hope this helps!

FYI the handling is great!

KODAKHODAK

Window Shopping

Frank because I like your style and my name is Frank swell this link will motivate our back pockets to make a great or even better bike for all... sorry but so many nice parts in this catalouge

KODAKHODAK

Hey Frank, was the V4 Rims hard to buy? Did you find a 2nd hand set or did you just buy a brand new set?

Really enjoying this thread, thanks for sharing Frank!

What were your drivers for switching from the stock V2 wheels to the V4 sizing? Does the larger tire setup offer better initial turn-in or better edge grip or better straight line grip? Any imu/traction control issues with the new setup?

KODAKHODAK

Question again time, keen to buy a set of BST Carbon Rapid Tea wheels and buy once and forget... Do these wheels come standard Satin finish, I noticed yours are Gloss. Also you went 6" rear and 3.5" front?

Cheers
Frank

craig bush

Question again time, keen to buy a set of BST Carbon Rapid Tea wheels and buy once and forget... Do these wheels come standard Satin finish, I noticed yours are Gloss. Also you went 6" rear and 3.5" front?

Cheers
Frank
I’m no subject matter expert, but if I was gonna buy carbon wheels I would only trust the Thysenkrupps.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member

Cheers
Frank
You can choose either satin or gloss if you buy as after market wheel from BST.
I believe if you buy direct from Ducati (the BST for Ducati that have slightly different shape), it came as satin. @HKMP7 should be able to confirm this.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
The BST rapidtek wheels are slightly different in design which you can see in pictures. As far as the finish the Rapidtek comes in Matte and Gloss. The wheels that come on the SL and SP are satin which is between matte and gloss.
The satin in person looks really close to the matte tho. Hope this helps.

FrankJones

Really enjoying this thread, thanks for sharing Frank!

What were your drivers for switching from the stock V2 wheels to the V4 sizing? Does the larger tire setup offer better initial turn-in or better edge grip or better straight line grip? Any imu/traction control issues with the new setup?
Hi!
There were a few reasons. Definitely easier to resell down the road. I cant speak to the difference because I never tried the stock sizes on track. In my mind, the weight of the V2 and V4 are almost the same. I figured that if anything, I would have the same grip as the big bikes, but with better tire life. I don't think you can go wrong with either size, but for us and our mere mortal talents, what do you think would offer better grip at the very limit of your talents?? I feel like the bigger contact patch would offer a little more...