One man's 21' Ducati Panigale V2

KODAKHODAK

Hey Frank what traction settings etc on your dash on the V2 when your riding in street compared to track settings curious to know with the bigger rear tire - cheers in Advance

KODAKHODAK

Frank can I ask a question with the rear tyre again, with the bike electronics for street, did you calibrate your tyre and what settings do you use for street riding compare to track. Cheers

FrankJones

Hi KODAKHODAK!
For my traction settings, I turn off wheelie control on street mode. On the Race mode, I leave it with how Ducati set it up...works great!
I always run the tire calibration, when I go from street set up tires to track tires.

KODAKHODAK

Hi KODAKHODAK!
For my traction settings, I turn off wheelie control on street mode. On the Race mode, I leave it with how Ducati set it up...works great!
I always run the tire calibration, when I go from street set up tires to track tires.
With ABS do you run it on the street vs track?

FrankJones

Hey guys! Well, I went and bought a Pikes Peak and also a Panigale V4.
I am considering selling the V2. she has about 2200 miles on the clock.
Although I would like to sell it as is at a premium, I am sure I probably will not get what it’s worth, so I may start the un-build pretty soon. Lol
Any thoughts?
At least the good news is that some of these parts and fasteners will fit my other bikes.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Congratulations @FrankJones 😃,
You doubled the cylinder count from V2 to V4 and also double the bike unit count (y)
Unless you can find a buyer with the exact modification that they prefer, then I believe it's best to get the V2 bike to stock.

Please share your Pikes Peak and V4 build with us here.
The Pikes Peak will be awesome for sure, also, love to see all the advancement Ducati offer on the 2022/23 V4 🤓

JUIC3D

Bummer! I was just getting into this build!

What's the reason for getting ride of the V2 so quickly? Is the v4 that much better? I'm so hesitant to start dumping money in the v2 in the fear that I'll eventually get bored with the power and want more from the bigger v4.

Decisions decisions...

FrankJones

Bummer! I was just getting into this build!

What's the reason for getting ride of the V2 so quickly? Is the v4 that much better? I'm so hesitant to start dumping money in the v2 in the fear that I'll eventually get bored with the power and want more from the bigger v4.

Decisions decisions...
Haha! Thank you...
I have been track riding off and on for about 15 years now. I had a CBR600RR, an R6, and now the V2. I never had a big liter bike for the track. It was skill building trying to carry as much corner speed as I can, and brake as late as I can. Then I decided to get the V4 because I could keep it at the dealer, and knew I was only going to be riding COTA. This definitely amplified everything! Now I challenge myself with more power and speed! ;)

I guess it depends what you are doing with it. If you are going to ride it a bunch on the street, and do some track days, I would go with something that has electronic suspension. That's the V4S or the V4SP2. You can set the bike to 160HP or crank it to FULL if you dare. lol The suspension also goes essentially from comfort-track. Although for track days, I would still put the suspension in manual mode and find your right setting.

If you go Track only, I would do either the V2 or the V4 base and build it out. I am getting along really well with the V4. :cool: Good Luck!

KODAKHODAK

E90F2366-EE32-45F9-8E5B-B479BD0D2A57.jpeg
Well the Racetox support unit arrived and installed today, took it for a solid run to a local spot where I could stress test the same scenario that I did on Sunday, well after 5 hard pulls to top of 6th and then shifting down gears as I was simulating a 2nd gear corner it performed faultlessly, after the first run I was stunned, then pulled several more from 2nd gear to 6th and never once did it get stuck.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the shaft of the quick shifter might have seized on something, hence why it felt like a hard pedal to go down gears… dunno 🤷‍♂️ for now it’s working perfectly so I’ll monitor it and see how it all performs at the next track day.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
View attachment 10894
Well the Racetox support unit arrived and installed today, took it for a solid run to a local spot where I could stress test the same scenario that I did on Sunday, well after 5 hard pulls to top of 6th and then shifting down gears as I was simulating a 2nd gear corner it performed faultlessly, after the first run I was stunned, then pulled several more from 2nd gear to 6th and never once did it get stuck.
The only thing I can think of is maybe the shaft of the quick shifter might have seized on something, hence why it felt like a hard pedal to go down gears… dunno 🤷‍♂️ for now it’s working perfectly so I’ll monitor it and see how it all performs at the next track day.
Glad to hear it! Very uninspiring when missed shifts are niggling in your mind at full gas.

FrankJones

….and now the time has come for the un-build portion of this thread. I have put a lot of love into this bike, and it has really exceeded my expectations in how well sorted the Panigale is. Literally everything has been done to this bike except for a full suspension swap. Will be a shame to take her apart, but with every beginning, there is an end.… This is the beginning of that end. I am going to keep this thread going and depict my exit strategy. I am going to keep the mirrors, sliders, levers, and bar ends. Going to harvest some of the Ti so I can keep some and sell some. The rest of the Titanium fasteners will go with the bike when I sell it. The exhaust, wheels, and clutch cover will stay with the bike as well.
Take a look at my thread, and if any of the parts jump out at you, send me a message if you are interested in purchasing.
The most special part of this bike is probably the aluminum subframe. I had a one off bracket machined to mount the tail tidy so it can be used on the street.
for sale will be
DP Carbon swingarm guard $400 shipped
DP Carbon front mudguard $400 shipped
DP Carbon rear mudguard $300 shipped
DP Carbon chain guard $200 shipped
DP Carbon cover for rear shock absorber $175 shipped
DP Carbon heel guards $150 shipped
DP Passenger seat cover “solo seat”- has Paint protection film on it $400 shipped
DP Bigger windscreen $150 shipped
Rizoma mirror caps $125 shipped
Ducati MMS $300 shipped
DP DDA Kit with GPS module $550 shipped
Aluminum racing subframe, with Futurismoto tail tidy $1600 shipped

bike has 1389 miles
selling for 22k

thanks for looking!
I apologize in advance if I am not supposed to list any items for sale here.

EC88679A-782C-49B2-982A-3B5A58EE2582.jpeg

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi FrankJones,
No worries, please feel free to list any of your items for sale here.
Sad to see your V2 go, may we know what will your next bike be?

FrankJones

Happy too! Yes, the V2 has been so great. Not even 1400 miles and the bike is just so dialed in. I just… gelled with the V2. This is the first time I really experienced some first class electronics on a bike. Getting back on throttle, it always gives grip. It’s so smooth that I could feel exactly when the rear tire was starting to spin up.
Lap after lap, the brakes resistance to fade felt like the sweet spot for me and the bike, with larger 330mm rotors and track pads. I felt like a super hero getting on with this bike. Haha…

Truly, this is a classic case of getting caught up in too many commitments! 😆

I left Texas for work and the Ducati dealership was nice enough to offer bike storage so I could still ride with them at COTA every year.
By far, Ducati Austin is favorite my dealer in the world. Great group of guys that know their stuff and ride fast! With that, yes JUIC3D, I purchased a 22 V4 that is just bananas!😛
I am so happy I came up the path of going from 600cc sport bikes, to the V2, and now to the V4.
Smaller bikes taught me corner speed and trail braking. Now it’s completely amplified with the power and speed of the new machine. Not only does your reaction time have to be quicker because of the rate of speed you are at when you come on to the brakes, but also, the corrections from little mistakes.
Fixing going wide entering a turn, or feeding in too much power on exit, almost has to be a reflex now that you don’t think about. I think smaller bikes afford you more of that time…at least most of the time…🤣:unsure:

So here she is! 2022 V4 Base model that they put together for me. Expensive and ridiculous, but it keeps me on COTA!
99DDBC1F-ADB9-4069-BF6F-A751E2CD0CAA.jpeg.DC38AA2E-69AA-4377-98F6-A3D70636DECA.jpeg

Then I ordered a 2022 Pikes Peak with one buddy that just likes riding on the street, and touring.
This bike is bananas. It’s so versatile. It’s a great tourer for the sport blooded rider! Electronic suspension is perfect for your changing roads. V4 Granturismo motor. Mid range grunt for the street. Super fun and capable machine. I think with a Superbike, and a touring bike, you have all paved roads covered! Lol
60697365-9B59-43CA-ACE4-11DAE23423AB.jpeg

Then my other track riding buddy and I ordered the SP2.…needless to say I’m broke now, but the bugs I’ll be picking out of my teeth will be priceless.😜
Here’s a pic for those that don’t know, this machine just Looks the business!!
7CF4679D-D8A6-41A8-913C-DE6F813DB513.jpeg

JUIC3D

Happy too! Yes, the V2 has been so great. Not even 1400 miles and the bike is just so dialed in. I just… gelled with the V2. This is the first time I really experienced some first class electronics on a bike. Getting back on throttle, it always gives grip. It’s so smooth that I could feel exactly when the rear tire was starting to spin up.
Lap after lap, the brakes resistance to fade felt like the sweet spot for me and the bike, with larger 330mm rotors and track pads. I felt like a super hero getting on with this bike. Haha…
I knew it!

We're basically twins. My 22 V2 is in the garage along with my 2023 V4S..

PLEASE tell me you're doing a build thread on the V4! I need to follow along that one as well :cool: