One man's 21' Ducati Panigale V2

FrankJones

Amazing how small and light these little batteries are. Shorai gives you copious amounts of foam to get the fit just right. I had to cut and fit a 1 1/2” piece of aluminum flat stock to secure the battery in the tray. The Shorai was not wide enough to be held back by the factory battery box.

IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0298.jpeg

FrankJones

I made it to COTA! Only 110 miles on the bike. I have never done a break in like this! o_O The GM at Ducati Austin assured me that this is perfectly ok, and would support me if the bike had any issues. “ Texas is flat and straight, you will do more harm to your bike slogging along trying to rack up miles than taking it to the track where you will be constantly shifting, changing rpm etc” So here I am! The tire vendor had a conflict and could not make it to the event. I was in trouble! Thankfully the Ducati dealership in Houston brought tires and Ducati Austin mounted them for free at the track.

IMG_0298.jpeg

FrankJones

After a late night of wrenching at the track, I was good to go!
Finally got to install the 330mm Brembo rotors and race pads
Podium racing drilled Ti front caliper bolts Aella spacers and Aella centering washers
Panigale V2 stock config are the spacers mounted under the bolts. This weekend I got to run the spacers under the calipers to push out the brakes the extra 5mil like the big boys!;)

IMG_0298.jpeg

BST carbon wheels ready for their maiden voyage!
IMG_0298.jpeg
It was a long road, but was ready for tomorrow!!!!

IMG_0298.jpeg

FrankJones

Had an amazing time on this machine! I used to have a 2011 Yamaha R6. Obviously there is no comparison. The V2 and I became friends quick! Now that I made it to the track, I can settle back into this build and continue my hunt for performance and weight savings.

IMG_0298.jpeg
IMG_0298.jpeg

IMG_0298.jpeg

FrankJones

Duality is the plan for this V2. Although I am curious if I would notice any benefits running these on track. I can get to around 163mph on the back straight at COTA and have not found myself wishing I had any downforce. That being said, they are sexy, and the action of rotating the mirrors up and down feels of quality for sure.

IMG_0592.jpeg

It’s all about the prep! Pre-tin your wires for good adhesion with the solder.

IMG_0475.jpeg

Wired these up directly to the connectors. I did not need the flasher relays cause LED!
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0475.jpeg

The connectors to the signals now reside in the nose of the bike. I will no longer be able to just unplug these for track. The plan here is to unbolt then, and remount them folded inwards to protect them in case of a crash.
IMG_0475.jpeg
IMG_0335.jpegIMG_0336.jpeg

Yeah I keep some artwork in the house… :ROFLMAO:

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Great choice, looks fantastic.
Im desperate for those mirrors to become available for the 1299! Hopefully the next update will offer integrated turn signals as well.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Wow, FrankJones,
So far, I had only seen the pictures on Rizoma website and never seen a real world install on a Panigale (that belong to end user like us).
That looks PERFECT 🤩 :love:
I had been waiting for mine since April, and haven't received it yet... but glad to see that you had received yours so hopefully mine is not far behind.