My little build

Brooklynv4

For those of you that put that gold foil under the tank and seat for the heat issues how has it worked and did you just buy a roll and cut it out I figure that would be the cheapest route. Saw a company called Pegasus that sells it by the roll fairly priced. Since I have the bike apart I figured it would be a good idea

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
For those of you that put that gold foil under the tank and seat for the heat issues how has it worked and did you just buy a roll and cut it out I figure that would be the cheapest route. Saw a company called Pegasus that sells it by the roll fairly priced. Since I have the bike apart I figured it would be a good idea
Mine was made by Zircotec and I purchased it from Demon-Tweeks and here is the link: Zircotec Zircoflex 1 Gold Heat Shield Material

BMW Alpina

Staff member
What’s the difference between the zircotec and the teknofibra?
Hi Craig and BrooklynV4,
The Teknofibra is a small company in Italy that made a ready to use kit that is already Pre-Cut for the bottom of our Panigale V4 tank right above the airbox.
Here is the direct link to Teknofibra website: TEKNOFIBRA - racing bikes and Teknofibra product for bike is distributed by Febur Italy.
And here is the link to Febur website that show Teknofibra product for our Panigale V4: FEBUR - DUCATI PANIGALE V4/V4S RADIATOR : SUBFRAME : PLEXIGLASS
I bought the Teknofibra for convenience since they were already Pre-Cut,

However, the kit contain an oval shape heat shield that I believe must be to cover the bottom of the tank that is near the rear exhaust manifold, but they were shaped so weirdly that I am not sure how to attached it properly.
So I use the remaining Gold Sheet from Zircotec that I previously bought to apply to the side fairings and also to the SC-Project WSBK Carbon Fiber exhaust heat shield.

Zircotec I believe is a much larger company from UK: Zircotec - UK's largest thermal barrier ceramic coating offerings with many heat barrier product and not just heat shield,
but they only sold their heat shield in sheet form but no specific Pre-Cut: Heat Shield Materials
Zircotec product also lighter than Teknofibra. You might want to read all the informations on Zircotec website to understand more about their technical advantage. Teknofibra website on the other hand were more simple with less information (which I believe means, their product is based on more conventional technology).

If Teknofibra does not have pre-cut kit, I will rather buy Zircotec and cut them myself, but since Teknofibra sell them as Pre-Cut, I decided to just make it easier for me to buy pre-cut ready to use kit.
The Teknofibra roller tool that came with the kit is very nice though, nicer than my Dynamat tools that I used when I install sound dampener material on my car long time ago.

Demon-Tweeks was the store with the best price for Zircotec the last time I did my "pricing research" :ROFLMAO:

Brooklynv4

Checked out the zircotec super expensive stuff lol their level 3 product is 282 bucks for a 35x21 inch sheet I’m going to go with dei it might not be level three but I did some hw and saw a video of it reducing heat by half so that’s good enough for me lol

Brooklynv4

Man smartmoto electronics is no joke with the shipping. Got my evap eliminator kit in 2 days. I’m going to have a garage day tomorrow as I’m off from work. The instructions say to put two rubber caps that come with the kit on the throttle bodies. Do I have to take the air box apart I’m looking for guidance I don’t want to mess anything up

Brooklynv4

Finished up the block off plates today I’ll probably do the evap stuff Sunday. I’m just going to plug the purge line. When I do take the air box off I only want to do it once so that’s when I’ll do coolant lines wrap it in heat shield etc

DC728345-7F82-4B23-A3AA-E5836BCC7391.jpegE4576591-4327-49AC-9001-53E182E61741.jpeg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Finished up the block off plates today I’ll probably do the evap stuff Sunday. I’m just going to plug the purge line. When I do take the air box off I only want to do it once so that’s when I’ll do coolant lines wrap it in heat shield etc

View attachment 6961View attachment 6962
Hi BrooklynV4,
Wow, quick progress (y) 🤩 and I agree with you, because I also don't want to take out the airbox (and throttle body) too often,... it is one of the most painful things to take out from our bike ;)
Also, when you are taking out the airbox and throttle body, you might want to also change the coolant hose to Samco and also install this Thermostat Bypass: Home :: Parts :: Ducati :: V4 :: Radiator :: CBE Ducati V4 Panigale Streetfighter Multistrada Aluminum Thermostat Bypass Junction

I found out about this Thermostat bypass many months ago from @MaverickiB (y)

And Here is the link to my post when I installed mine:
DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

1640408190443.png

Brooklynv4

I’m definitely going to do all those things you mentioned. That’s why I’m only going to do it once. I’ll collect all the parts and do the job once

Brooklynv4

I’m back and had a boo-boo putting the plug in the air box. I pushed the plug in and the rubber seal fell inside the air box along with the plug. I tried to get them out with ouch removing the air box but it looks like I’m going to have to remove it. Since I’m at this point I’m just going to order the samco kit with the metal upgraded thermostat housing and do everything once

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Yes I’ve wrapped quite a few air boxes.
Id say if it’s off and you have the film do it.
I wouldn’t set out to wrap it unless I was bored.
They did a test on this and it was good for 1hp on a Gsxr 600.

Here's my 636 air box.

2CFF6DD6-21A0-452F-B388-2FC7405DDD68.jpeg

Brooklynv4

Ok it looks like you wrapped the inside. Does it make a difference inside or out. Figure I’d do it since I’m going to have the air box off and waiting for parts from hsbk

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ok it looks like you wrapped the inside. Does it make a difference inside or out. Figure I’d do it since I’m going to have the air box off and waiting for parts from hsbk
No you only wrap the outside. That's the bottom of the airbox.

Brooklynv4

Holy smokes that air box is complicated. I just finished taking it off I took like a million pictures to make sure I put it back on correctly