My little build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I also plan on pulling my 996 apart and doing a whole once over I know this is a v4 forum but I still like to show love to my first love lol
Hi @Brooklynv4 ,
First of all this is NOT an exclusive V4 forum but it's a DUCATImodified forum so this is the right place for ALL Ducati related Build and Discussion including your 996 of course ;)
In fact, I am currently in the process of building my 998 which I posted here: Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

Hopefully, I can also learn from your experience with your 996.
Also, initially I thought that is a smaller garage until you posted the picture of the inside of the garage and now I see that it is quite large.
Is that a custom build garage or do you buy a Kit (ready to assemble module)? if you buy a kit, may I know where you buy it from? I am also interested in building similar garage for my future small business startup... 😃
Thanks so much

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I also want to ask anyone here what are my options as far as a proper dyno tune. I went to hsbk and they said they cannot tune the bike as there is no software for it yet but I’ve read of othered tuning the v4

From what I saw know so far for DYNO tuning:
SLR-Tuning (I contacted Frank at SLR Tuning and he was very friendly and informative):
Bren-Tuning where 650iB did his dynotune:
also Shiv where Calimoto TV did his dynotune:

Edit: Well, after watching some of the video above, now I am not sure whether they are really doing a real world Dyno tune or just testing a pre made map, upload it to the bike and check with dyno to see how much the improvement is...

Last edited:

Brooklynv4

Hi @Brooklynv4 ,
First of all this is NOT an exclusive V4 forum but it's a DUCATImodified forum so this is the right place for ALL Ducati related Build and Discussion including your 996 of course ;)
In fact, I am currently in the process of building my 998 which I posted here: Ducati 998s FE Final Edition (REPLICA but MODIFIED FAR BEYOND the Original) Build Thread

Hopefully, I can also learn from your experience with your 996.
Also, initially I thought that is a smaller garage until you posted the picture of the inside of the garage and now I see that it is quite large.
Is that a custom build garage or do you buy a Kit (ready to assemble module)? if you buy a kit, may I know where you buy it from? I am also interested in building similar garage for my future small business startup... 😃
Thanks so much
It is a custom build I ordered a prefab you can get any size you’d like I’ll pm you the info you’re just responsible for the concrete slab and they do the rest

Brooklynv4

From what I saw know so far for DYNO tuning:
SLR-Tuning (I contacted Frank at SLR Tuning and he was very friendly and informative):
Bren-Tuning where 650iB did his dynotune:
also Shiv where Calimoto TV did his dynotune:

Edit: Well, after watching some of the video above, now I am not sure whether they are really doing a real world Dyno tune or just testing a pre made map, upload it to the bike and check with dyno to see how much the improvement is...
I actually found out Hudson valley motorcycles tunes on the dyno custom map I spoke to Steve he was cool, so in the spring I’ll be bringing him my v4 and 1198

Brooklynv4

Well I’m back folks more add ons to the bike. I’m eliminating the secondary air valve and installing smog block plates. The rear cylinder wasn’t to bad have to lift the tank which was easier than I anticipated.

Brooklynv4

To get the tank off remove the seat and the aluminum bracket that is on top of the tank then two screws at the rear of the tank one on each side also unplug the clip to the pump. Also forgot to take a pic of the fuel hose that needs to be removed59C726C5-A2F2-40D0-AEDD-73A62C3615A0.jpeg6F05E553-4F9B-46E5-A4E9-DDC18D635D43.jpeg11AEBDA2-BF48-4D16-9A3E-5BC1960AD084.jpegA673AA72-2A82-4458-8F81-E2EAC0E32EED.jpeg

Brooklynv4

Then you’re left with the motor exposed. Really is an amazing thing how much they pack under that tank. Next you need to remove the hoses going to the valve

9C3B4855-BA98-4F6B-9289-AAE6DFDFEEA0.jpeg
8C745341-31DA-4E0A-BB2F-7EEDE59F4AC0.jpeg

Brooklynv4

I used the SmartMoto electronics kit. Doesn’t come with exact instructions. I have to do some more hw on this process but if anyone has input it would be a great help. I still have to do the front cylinders and that’s going to be a project trying to see if I can remove it without taking the air box off. I’ll keep you guys updated

MaverickiB

I used the SmartMoto electronics kit. Doesn’t come with exact instructions. I have to do some more hw on this process but if anyone has input it would be a great help. I still have to do the front cylinders and that’s going to be a project trying to see if I can remove it without taking the air box off. I’ll keep you guys updated
I removed mine without taking off the airbox. Once you disconnect the hose from the front cylinders, just pull and wiggle the hose out from the rear.

Brooklynv4

Thank you that saves me a headache 😀. It came with a little resistir plug I’m wondering if it goes on the actual valve or the little purge valve motor that goes to the evap canister

craig bush

@Brooklynv4 welcome to the forum!

In case you hadn’t seen it, there was a much anticipated announcement regarding v4 tuning last week:

Brooklynv4

@Brooklynv4 welcome to the forum!

In case you hadn’t seen it, there was a much anticipated announcement regarding v4 tuning last week:

Yes I saw that last week a friend of mine who runs Bauce racing called me and told me about it which is why I’m doing this after I’m done I’ll be taking it to him to tune I can’t wait to see what the kit come is going to be

Brooklynv4

Yes I saw that last week a friend of mine who runs Bauce racing called me and told me about it which is why I’m doing this after I’m done I’ll be taking it to him to tune I can’t wait to see what the kit come is going to be
Well one of the reasons I’m doing it the other is because I keep getting fuel sprayed on me when I let go of the throttle at high speed I’m thinking the purge valve motor is spitting it out even though I have it blocked. I’m eliminating it

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I’m wondering if I should just plug up the valve that goes into the air box
View attachment 6929
Hello BrooklynV4,

Here are my post when I install the same Smartmoto secondary air system elimination kit (block off plate kit):
first, when I install the rubber plug on the airbox hole:
DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread
1640110739849.png1640110747983.png

Second, when I plug the connector with resistor (you have to scroll down to the bottom of this post):
1640110772529.png

Last, when I secure the connector with resistor using tie lock:
1640110798718.png

I hope this helps :D

BMW Alpina

Staff member
@BMW Alpina nit all heroes wear capes lol. Thank you so much this definitely helps. What did you do about the little purge valve motor that goes the the evap canister
Hi BrooklynV4,
I just purchased and received the Smartmoto kit for the EVAP canister removal yesterday (after learning about the existence of this kit),
however I have not took out the EVAP canister on my bike because I worry my living room will be smelly with gasoline vapor, so I don't have experience with this.
But my looking at the content of this kit, I believe you can remove everything that were related to the EVAP and then just plug the wire that going to this system with the Connector Resistor Plug that came with EVAP removal kit.