My little build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
A little side view with the carbon sides cleared
View attachment 4594
Hi BroklynV4,
Very nice carbon fiber finish (y) :love:
I assume the belly pan came from Termignoni. Is there any label behind it showing the company that produce this carbon fiber belly pan for Termignoni?
Also, did you clear coated your self or it came clear coated from Termignoni? Thanks

Brooklynv4

Hi BroklynV4,
Very nice carbon fiber finish (y) :love:
I assume the belly pan came from Termignoni. Is there any label behind it showing the company that produce this carbon fiber belly pan for Termignoni?
Also, did you clear coated your self or it came clear coated from Termignoni? Thanks
Yes the carbon came as part of the kit but there are no markings that I can see as to who produced the carbon parts I also clear coated them myself they come raw in the kit. I had to also cut a small piece off also in the front where the two fairings come together as the hole for the screw that joins them in the front is to far undo I cut about 1/4 of an inch so they sit flush. Basically the hole is in the right place but the fairing needs to be inset where the clip goes for the screw to hold them together

Brooklynv4

Quick question do you think I should leave the front brake line routed through the stock holder under the triple or leave it floating

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Quick question do you think I should leave the front brake line routed through the stock holder under the triple or leave it floating
Hello BrooklynV4, I personally would routed through the stock holder as in your picture just because I like make it look as factory as possible.
However, I assume your plan is to by pass the ABS, and run the line directly from the front master cylinder, is this correct?
If that is the case, it might be more simple (and shorter) if you run it through the right leg of the fork down to the front of the lower triple clamp where there is 2 threaded bolt holes on the right side of the lower triple clamp where you can use bracket.

MaverickiB

Do you already have the lines? If you're doing an ABS delete, a more ideal way of routing the lines would be one from each caliper running up to the master cylinder. It's how they do it on race machines, makes bleeding much more simple (only have to bleed at the master as air travels up, no air trapped between the line between calipers) and reduces the chance of them getting caught on something. I plan on routing mine this way when I eventually bypass the ABS.

kylewyman-post-2021_04_30_17_40.jpg

Brooklynv4

Do you already have the lines? If you're doing an ABS delete, a more ideal way of routing the lines would be one from each caliper running up to the master cylinder. It's how they do it on race machines, makes bleeding much more simple (only have to bleed at the master as air travels up, no air trapped between the line between calipers) and reduces the chance of them getting caught on something. I plan on routing mine this way when I eventually bypass the ABS.

View attachment 4655
I already have the lines I installed them. I left the stock routing for now because I just want to ride my bike when I get a chance I’m going to change it to bmwalpinas set up. I’ll take some pictures some time this week. Work got busy so I really don’t have the time to work on anything right now

Pete T

Staff member
Re the Lightech rearsets are you using standard or race (reverse) shifting. I ask because someone reported their Lightech gear shift lever hits against the side-stand - has worn a groove - when he pushes down. I assume he's using race shifting and wondering if they are simply not suited to that set-up. Apart from that possible issue they really do look nice.

Brooklynv4

I haven’t had a problem with the clearance I also run race or gp pattern so I never thought to check. I’ll check when I get back in the garage and update

Brooklynv4

So I finally got all of my stuff in my garage now I can start pulling things apart. I just ordered the evap elimination kit for my v4 block off plates included I’m hoping the fuel spraying on me letting go of the throttle is resolved with this issue I honestly can’t see it being anything elseD7062617-C562-4182-B1D7-996E0891E545.jpeg

Brooklynv4

I also want to ask anyone here what are my options as far as a proper dyno tune. I went to hsbk and they said they cannot tune the bike as there is no software for it yet but I’ve read of othered tuning the v4