HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Winter Test livery
After getting everything fitted and trimmed I wanted to take a ride with the winter test livery. It definitely looks menacing and I felt like Johann Zarco lol. The difference is I wont be getting any sponsors once the season starts 🥴:ROFLMAO:.

This is the meanest looking frontend in motorcycling.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Ducati Performance mirror block offs
This is my second set of these. I love the design but I wasn't in love with the color. Soooo

Got them Cerakoted the same black color as my other parts. The "Ducati by Rizoma" was removed while sandblasting.

Simple and clean

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Domino Quick action throttle
During the winter we got more parts to test. Almost all of my previous bikes had QA or 60-65 deg throttles. This will be my first QA Electronic throttle. I’m especially curious to see how it will perform when picking up the throttle in slow corners.

Bought the grips as well.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Domino Quick action throttle install
Here's a quick install guide. Its a simple plug n play. You will need to have that weird 3 sided star bit to remove the stock throttle housing.
Note the location of the stock rubber wire ties.

Here's the factory connector

Stock VS Domino

Replaced the housing bolts with TI.

Now repeat the steps in reverse.
Connector tucked away.

Be sure to leave a gap between the throttle grip and barend!

Finished product. Full review coming after testing.

Weights and Measures
Stock throttle and grip 245g
Domino throttle and grip 212g

Last edited:

Araitim

MASTER Builder & Moderator
Staff member
Domino Quick action throttle install
Here's a quick install guide. Its a simple plug n play. You will need to have that weird 3 sided star bit to remove the stock throttle housing.
Note the location of the stock rubber wire ties.

Here's the factory connector

Stock VS Domino

Replaced the housing bolts with TI.

Now repeat the steps in reverse.
Connector tucked away.

Be sure to leave a gap between the throttle grip and barend!

Finished product. Full review coming after testing.

Weights and Measures
Stock throttle and grip 245g
Domino throttle and grip 212g
Such a nice piece! The whole bike is looking fantastic and I bet it rides even better. That quick action throttle, is there play in the twisting movement in the same way that the OEM unit has(I'm sure you have seen the spacers for the OEM to eliminate the free play)? I thought these quick turn assemblies for the ride by wire relocated the OEM throttle assembly and puts a cable actuated throttle control as the hand control then connects to the OEM assembly relocated in the engine compartment somewhere. Your unit is one I havnt seen before. Very nice!

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Such a nice piece! The whole bike is looking fantastic and I bet it rides even better. That quick action throttle, is there play in the twisting movement in the same way that the OEM unit has(I'm sure you have seen the spacers for the OEM to eliminate the free play)? I thought these quick turn assemblies for the ride by wire relocated the OEM throttle assembly and puts a cable actuated throttle control as the hand control then connects to the OEM assembly relocated in the engine compartment somewhere. Your unit is one I havnt seen before. Very nice!
I had the spacers in the factory throttle. The Domino throttle doesn’t need them it has zero play. The return spring is the “snappiest” I’ve ever felt. Once you let go of the throttle it slams closed. Should be great for combating keeping the throttle slightly open when braking after a straight-away on the track.
It’s a quality piece.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Tidying up 🤔
I like a clean/simple look and this connector has always looked "out of place" to me.

My first thought was to replace it with an autosport connector.

But even if I did that I would still have wires dangling. So I decided to eliminate the rear brake light switch altogether.
So I got a factory connector and the plugs to cap it off.

I'm using Raychem Atum adhesive lined semi rigid heat shrink. So I scuffed the connector to give the glue something to adhere to.
Then pinched the ends with pliers to add the ridges like on the oem Ducati cap connectors lol. Now we have a water proof cap.

Removed this

Installed

Tucked away

Fun fact: Both halves of the Autosport connector weigh less than just the bottom half of the oem plastic connector. 🥴

Last edited:

Pete T

Staff member
Quite often it's the tiniest touches that have greatest impact.
Gotta say my bike is always clean and ready to ride but I've seen operating theatres that look grubby next to yours HK. Do you use anything in particular to detail around engine nooks and crannies?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks,
Lol I actually haven't cleaned it in a while.
Here are the some of the brushes I use with a mild APC.
Detail factory brushes.

1640211068278.png
After I clean it up I spray a little of this to help the dirt not build up.
1640211034782.png
Pro tip: For the areas you cant reach with a towel spray some of the SC1 on the tip of a dry detail brush.

Last edited:

J-Train

Such a sick build, are you the same person that went by HKMP7 on the ZX10 forums? Think I remember you had a sicko second gen with a bunch of AMA sbk parts on it, may have even bought a few things from you for my build. I have a v4 build I am working on as well.

Winter Test livery
After getting everything fitted and trimmed I wanted to take a ride with the winter test livery. It definitely looks menacing and I felt like Johann Zarco lol. The difference is I wont be getting any sponsors once the season starts 🥴:ROFLMAO:.

This is the meanest looking frontend in motorcycling.

J-Train

Such a sick build, are you the same person that went by HKMP7 on the ZX10 forums? Think I remember you had a sicko second gen with a bunch of AMA sbk parts on it, may have even bought a few things from you for my build. I have a v4 build I am working on as well.
Looking though the whole thread, I can see you are indeed the same builder! I am the guy who had the Blue 04 and Green 06 pretty build to the gills, Blue Max and Mean Greenie

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Looking though the whole thread, I can see you are indeed the same builder! I am the guy who had the Blue 04 and Green 06 pretty build to the gills, Blue Max and Mean Greenie
Yes I am the same person. I was on there for a long time. A lot of good guys sharing info. We are doing the same thing here with the Ducati platform. Your builds were always very clean. You need to share your V4 build with the rest of us.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Small problem simple fix
As I was tiding up the wiring I noticed the harness tape glue was failing. So it was a sticky mess all over the wires and abs pump.

The plan is to replace the cheap loom with the more heat resistant Raychem HFT5000.
Removed the old tape and residue then de-pinned the connectors.

Used Raychem Dr-25 to seal the ends.

Now its time to tape up the rest of the harness. I used Tesa tape 51036 which is the same stuff Porsche BMW Audi group use for their harnesses.

Here is the factory stuff vs the Tesa 50136. The Tesa stuff is high temperature rated and thicker.

Here is the finished product.

Last edited:

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Raceseats Competition Seat
Here is my assortment of seats. The factory seat isn't bad for comfort but I didn't enjoy the gap in the front. Next step was the Ducati Performance Racing seat part # 96880581A. This seat eliminated that pocket and has more grip for hanging off the bike. Its also has less padding so will be a bit stiffer. Which brings us to this the Raceseats Competition seat. This offers even more grip than the DP seat while lowering the weight. I wouldn't recommend this seat for long rides but it is ideal for hanging off the bike.

This is the condition the carbon came in. Since this is a "race" product I wasn't expecting a perfect finish.

Now you know I'm not going to leave it that way lol. After some wet sanding and correction it looks like this.

Rossi approves

Weights and Measures
Stock seat 641g
DP seat 771g
Raceseats Comp seat 482g

Apuca

Fren Tubo carbon lines installed
I love the way these turned out. The routing is same as stock. The kit has everything needed to make a simple install. I used Motul RBF660 to fill the system.

Weights and measures
Stock lines and 9 banjos 731g
Fren Tubo lines and 9 banjos 314g
That's a 417g weight savings!

P.S. I could have saved a couple more grams but I used 5 Ti banjos and 4 alloy banjos. I used the Ti ones on the visible banjos.
Hi,
Hi, awesome work here. I recently installed these on the V4 as well and had some issues with the front caliper to abs unit line. I feel like it could have been slightly longer. I was not able to use the stock plastic line guides, especially the ones that bolted to the yoke and the on the underside of the plastic fairing under the nose. What solutions did you use?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Hi,
Hi, awesome work here. I recently installed these on the V4 as well and had some issues with the front caliper to abs unit line. I feel like it could have been slightly longer. I was not able to use the stock plastic line guides, especially the ones that bolted to the yoke and the on the underside of the plastic fairing under the nose. What solutions did you use?
The instructions call for removing that guide. That will give you the extra slack you need.
32795988-7CFE-4473-AF20-CDC23243C032.jpeg