DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Several parts for my 998 projects arrived from Bellissimoto a few days ago, however, there is a part for this bike, which was the Ducabike ABS/Speed Sensor Protection for the Multistrada but of course work for this bike too ;)
IMG_6433.JPG

BEFORE:
IMG_6438.JPGIMG_6439.JPG

After "PROTECTED with DucaBike Protector plus ProTi Titanium Bolt:
IMG_6442.JPGIMG_6440.JPG

I am also waiting for the Ohlins special tools that will allow me to TORQUE the tube after replacing the lower bottom with the Motocorse Billet Unit.
Hopefully arrive soon so I can start the front fork upgrade project.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Oh, by the way, our moderator HKMP7 is the one that have the idea of uploading accessories install to our resources section and specifically provide me with the link to STM Dry Clutch Kit Install.
If any of you have other ideas for resources to be uploaded (to make sure it is always available) into our resources section please kindly let me know how I can get that resource (link preferably) and I will upload it for you and posted your name on the resources post as our forum appreciation.
Thanks again everyone.

Max

random question for you BMW but where are you ordering your proti from? im wanting to change my fairings screws to gold proti but not sure how to get the full fairing and all the "visible" screws on my bike i dont have the desire or cash to change every screw on the bike

Pete T

Staff member
A year ago I ordered the left and right fairing screw sets direct from Proti Global (cheaper freight for me but Belissimoto might be better for you). If I was doing it again I'd order just the individual screws that I want to replace since I didn't use the whole set *. There are four in the nose that are useful being left as magnetic steel - easy to drop and get lost in the radiator - and I also left the ones in the front wheel bay, which are hidden, as stock.
On their web site they have a comprehensive catalog of all kits for all bikes (lots !!!) that identifies what's included. Also every available component can be purchased separately and all dimensions are shown. You might need to spend time understanding their spec sheets but believe me it's all there.
* Also at the time I didn't realize the sets were for the 18/19 fairing which is different to the R fairing on my 2020. Lucky in the end - I lost one on a ride so it was good to have spares. They now have different menu items for each generation.

Max

A year ago I ordered the left and right fairing screw sets direct from Proti Global (cheaper freight for me but Belissimoto might be better for you). If I was doing it again I'd order just the individual screws that I want to replace since I didn't use the whole set *. There are four in the nose that are useful being left as magnetic steel - easy to drop and get lost in the radiator - and I also left the ones in the front wheel bay, which are hidden, as stock.
On their web site they have a comprehensive catalog of all kits for all bikes (lots !!!) that identifies what's included. Also every available component can be purchased separately and all dimensions are shown. You might need to spend time understanding their spec sheets but believe me it's all there.
* Also at the time I didn't realize the sets were for the 18/19 fairing which is different to the R fairing on my 2020. Lucky in the end - I lost one on a ride so it was good to have spares. They now have different menu items for each generation.

Thank you Pete are you measuring out the screw’s individually? For example I want to get rid of the ugly screws that came with my twm gas cap and replace with the proti. Dumb question but what’s the best way of measuring these screws without spending an arm and a leg on a screw measurer are the cheapos good enough?

Max

I also order 99% of my parts from bellisimoto but I wanted to get them as soon as I could because I am impatient lol I didn’t know if ordering from them directly would speed the process

Pete T

Staff member
I also order 99% of my parts from bellisimoto but I wanted to get them as soon as I could because I am impatient lol I didn’t know if ordering from them directly would speed the process
I'm not familiar with TWM but the screws on my fuel cap are an unusual shape and cannot be swapped with screws from any other supplier. If you want to order screws individually you really need to understand how they are measured and the easiest way to learn is to look at the Proti kits and see how they are specified, then locate those same measurements on your stock bolts. If not confident stick with the kits. You might save some time ordering directly - maybe - but key retailers like Bellisimoto will often have swift and reliable logistics from manufacturers. I think you also get free or very cheap freight within USA from Belissimoto (I don't, that's why it was a bit cheaper for me to order direct). Cost of screws was same from Belissimoto and from Proti so all up probably cheaper for you to buy from B. But check for yourself. Things change and it's been a few months since I last ordered.

Max

I'm not familiar with TWM but the screws on my fuel cap are an unusual shape and cannot be swapped with screws from any other supplier. If you want to order screws individually you really need to understand how they are measured and the easiest way to learn is to look at the Proti kits and see how they are specified, then locate those same measurements on your stock bolts. If not confident stick with the kits. You might save some time ordering directly - maybe - but key retailers like Bellisimoto will often have swift and reliable logistics from manufacturers. I think you also get free or very cheap freight within USA from Belissimoto (I don't, that's why it was a bit cheaper for me to order direct). Cost of screws was same from Belissimoto and from Proti so all up probably cheaper for you to buy from B. But check for yourself. Things change and it's been a few months since I last ordered.
just out of curiosity what type of fuel cap do you have?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
random question for you BMW but where are you ordering your proti from? im wanting to change my fairings screws to gold proti but not sure how to get the full fairing and all the "visible" screws on my bike i dont have the desire or cash to change every screw on the bike
Hi Max,
Sorry for the late response. I am currently out of town on a business trip. I purchased my ProTi bolts from Bellissimoto.

Reactions: Max

Bruce Wayne

Thank you Pete are you measuring out the screw’s individually? For example I want to get rid of the ugly screws that came with twm gas cap and replace with the proti. Dumb question but what’s the best way of measuring these screws without spending an arm and a leg on a screw measurer are the cheapos good enough?
Bolts are measured from the flange down so basically the part below the clamping face, that's for the length the diameter is the part that is threaded just measure diameter with a vernier the shank will be the nominal size (eg.6mm) and the threaded part jus under around 5.8-5.9mm

FOGGY

Hello Howard Congatulation for your job here. I will like to ask you if you can provite me whith the sites with everything i need to install the frame slicers ( and the spacer you reccoment) at 916 anniversario Thanks

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hello Howard Congatulation for your job here. I will like to ask you if you can provite me whith the sites with everything i need to install the frame slicers ( and the spacer you reccoment) at 916 anniversario Thanks
Hello Foggy, if you purchase the Frame Slider kit from AELLA, you will not need any spacer because it will be bolt on.
The reason I need spacer was because I change the mounting of the rear brake reservoir and also I believe because I add the left Carbon Fiber Ducati Performance alternator guard.