DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

Apuca

The trouble is see if the weight on the site is right its not saving much. The factory one without bearings is around 800g. So you save 60 grams for $700. You know I love saving grams but this one doesn't make much sense.
Agreed

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
The trouble is see if the weight on the site is right its not saving much. The factory one without bearings is around 800g. So you save 60 grams for $700. You know I love saving grams but this one doesn't make much sense.
Spot on HK. It was bugging me as I chased a magnesium version previously. I dug thru my old email and found a message from a good friend who got a RAM hub
here are the weights.
NB he is comparing to the 1199 OEM. V4 did not exist when this was written. Regards

see below the red writing is me.

Complete OEM hub is 1498g (1199)
RAM hub is 1388g, 197g lighter than the OEM
For comparison, I also weighted an 1x98/SF hub: 1388g (this hub has considerably smaller/weaker bearings). Note he is referring to total weight with bearings/seals

Bruce Wayne

I just ordered one, i need a new Hub so thought I would give it a go, there's a 4 week lead time so i will do some weight comparison when it arrives.

KODAKHODAK

I have to admit, this build is incredible, the amount of Titanium bolts replaced is mind blowing, do you know what the total cost of your bolts replacement and how much weight you saved from factory standard?

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I have to admit, this build is incredible, the amount of Titanium bolts replaced is mind blowing, do you know what the total cost of your bolts replacement and how much weight you saved from factory standard?
Thank you for the kind words @KODAKHODAK ,
I did not count the cost of the Titanium bolts and I also did not weight the weight saving.
The Weight Saving maybe not really too much, but the satisfaction of a MODIFIED Ducati is what make it worth it for me ;)

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I take one of my friend and my company engineering team member (he is the person sitting on the Aprilia in the pictures below) from work to take a look at several bikes today, and I must say the Aprilia RS660 and Tuono 660 is very nice looking small bikes plus, the price is right too.
Note, it is looks much nicer in person than in the picture.
IMG_6753.JPGIMG_6754.JPG

However, I am quite surprised but I also like this Kawasaki Z900 50th Anniversary edition:
IMG_6757.JPGIMG_6758.JPG

IMG_6759.JPGIMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

Of course, I can't buy more bikes for now, already have 1 bike too many 😅

by the way @KODAKHODAK , I also saw your Bayliss Panigale V2 for the first time today. It was park right at the front door of the dealership.
I never seen it in person before, and it is BEAUTIFULLY GORGEOUS !!!.
The Bayliss I saw have the triple clamp serial # 917. It was at the same aprilia dealer, which is California Speed-Sports in Dublin, California
Too bad I forgot to take picture of the the Bayliss because I was so busy helping my friend look at all the aprilia for him.

Pete T

Staff member
Ouch! Was it 50 years ago my slightly older friend - I was still in school - shocked everybody by arriving at the church youth group on a spectacular new and very muscular-looking Z900. I previously had no interest in the bikes of those days. A long story but that bike indirectly resulted in me riding a V4S today. 50 years?! Jeez that hurts.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Ouch! Was it 50 years ago my slightly older friend - I was still in school - shocked everybody by arriving at the church youth group on a spectacular new and very muscular-looking Z900. I previously had no interest in the bikes of those days. A long story but that bike indirectly resulted in me riding a V4S today. 50 years?! Jeez that hurts.
I was born just a bit after the original Kawasaki Z900 launch, made me feel old too 🥴 :LOL:

By the way,
I am checking Motocorse website every day because I am waiting for the lower triple clamp for our Panigale V4 and Streetfighter V4...
Today I saw a new triple clamp, unfortunately it is for MV Agusta,.. but if the triple clamp for our V4 going to look like this version for MV Agusta... wow... I for sure want it...
just take a look so beautiful:

1651383857680.png

1651383883606.png

1651383920808.png

1651383947349.png

1651383974978.png

1651384002961.png

1651384062133.png

1651384090998.png

1651384111286.png

1651384146735.png

1651384482546.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Does a head lift stand still work with one of these?
Good eye Pete, thanks for pointing that out, an under yoke stand won't work !!!
I guess this is since it is for MV Agusta Brutale/Rush that is more street/lifestyle bike than a track bike.
I hope the version for Panigale V4 will allow for under yoke stand to support like the factory lower yoke/triple clamp.

PanigalePilot

Staff member
I was born just a bit after the original Kawasaki Z900 launch, made me feel old too 🥴 :LOL:

By the way,
I am checking Motocorse website every day because I am waiting for the lower triple clamp for our Panigale V4 and Streetfighter V4...
Today I saw a new triple clamp, unfortunately it is for MV Agusta,.. but if the triple clamp for our V4 going to look like this version for MV Agusta... wow... I for sure want it...
just take a look so beautiful:
That black DLC coated stem is amazing. That lower triple has some awesome cuts!
Be nice if there was a good weight reduction as well

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Finally have time to continue working on the custom Oil Cooler Hose today :).
First, need to disassemble the factory Ducati shorter Oil Cooler Hose because I need the 90 degree fitting to the oil cooler:
IMG_6779.JPG IMG_6780.JPG

Then cut the crimp using Dremel:
IMG_6781.JPGIMG_6782.JPG

Then extract the fittings on both ends:
IMG_6783.JPG

Now time to test fit the Earl's Crimp:
IMG_6784.JPGIMG_6785.JPG

Use some oil to lubricate when inserting the Ducati Fitting to the Goodridge XF811 hose:
IMG_6786.JPG

Then once inserted mark the alignment:
IMG_6787.JPG

Do the same with the other end:
IMG_6789.JPG
And now it is ready for test fit and alignment (orientation) adjustment:
IMG_6790.JPG

Fit it to the oil cooler side first:
IMG_6792.JPG

and routed the hose with good spacing to the exhaust manifolds:
IMG_6793.JPGIMG_6794.JPG
IMG_6795.JPG
IMG_6796.JPG
IMG_6797.JPG
IMG_6798.JPG

Then mark the alignment with paint so I can send them to be crimped:
IMG_6802.JPG

IMG_6803.JPG

And here is the final orientation of both ends:
IMG_6804.JPG

Can't wait to get them crimped so I can start the engine again :cool:

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Great wo
Finally have time to continue working on the custom Oil Cooler Hose today :).
First, need to disassemble the factory Ducati shorter Oil Cooler Hose because I need the 90 degree fitting to the oil cooler:
View attachment 8407 View attachment 8408

Then cut the crimp using Dremel:
View attachment 8409View attachment 8410

Then extract the fittings on both ends:
View attachment 8411

Now time to test fit the Earl's Crimp:
View attachment 8412View attachment 8413

Use some oil to lubricate when inserting the Ducati Fitting to the Goodridge XF811 hose:
View attachment 8414

Then once inserted mark the alignment:
View attachment 8415

Do the same with the other end:
View attachment 8416
And now it is ready for test fit and alignment (orientation) adjustment:
View attachment 8417

Fit it to the oil cooler side first:
View attachment 8418

and routed the hose with good spacing to the exhaust manifolds:
View attachment 8419View attachment 8420
View attachment 8421
View attachment 8422
View attachment 8423
View attachment 8424

Then mark the alignment with paint so I can send them to be crimped:
View attachment 8425

View attachment 8426

And here is the final orientation of both ends:
View attachment 8427

Can't wait to get them crimped so I can start the engine again :cool:
Great work well done H

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The Oil Cooler hose returned from ANPlumbing.com
ANPlumbing.com is official distributor of EARL's product and I purchased many EARL's product from them. Their service and shipping is always fast and in this particular case, they actually CRIMPED the EARL's Crimp Collar FREE of CHARGE eventhough I did not purchase the Goodridge hose from them.
Again to be clear, the Crimp Collar is EARL's but the hose is Goodridge.
Oh, did I mention ANPlumbing.com ship the hose back to me the same day the hose arrive at ANPlumbing?
Yes, super great service. I was help by Tom who I believe is the owner of ANPlumbing.
Thanks so much Tom.

Below are the pictures of the crimped hose when they just arrived back:
IMG_6912.JPGIMG_6913.JPGIMG_6914.JPG

Then I cleaned the paint marking to marked the alignment, you can also see the quality of the crimping:
IMG_6915.JPGIMG_6916.JPG

IMG_6917.JPG

Then I remove the old O-Ring (well they are not really old since they came from my 4 miles engine and one side have O-Ring that was brand new), but I just want to make sure and since I purchased extra O-Rings anyway so, replace them all again 🧐🤓.
I borrow needle from my wife sewing kit and those are the O-rings (2 types, smaller and larger):
IMG_6918.JPGIMG_6920.JPGIMG_6921.JPG

Then I was about to install the hose late last weekend when I realized, I don't have the Loctite 222 required for the bolt that secure one end of the hose (crankcase side)... so order it from Amazon and finally arrived a few days ago, so in the next hour, I will install them and update here.
By the way, I purchase the 222MS (Military Spec) because that is what available quickly at Amazon (and more expensive too):
IMG_6932.JPG

I also purchase these bolts and I hope I buy the right thread and diameter size (non-metric)... will update soon on why 😉:
IMG_6933.JPG