DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Targeted ads on Facebook just got me with this one. Surely they’re taking the piss only making 10 units but get in quick 👀
@HKMP7 @Apuca @layed_black

Nice post Andy, I was always after the magnesium version of this part that a company called "RAM" used to make. But as of a couple years ago all the vendors who previously advertised told me no stock. If I recall the mag version is about 500 g in weight. This one mentions 790 g. I imagine what will only be the piece itself nothing else.

Max

Thank you
I had same issue. For alternator I cut the side that connected to the aella frame sliders. For the clutch side which I have the same clutch cover for my dry clutch I just mounted the frame slider it scratched the carbon underneath but since it will always have the frame slider it doesn’t show.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Thank you
Hi @FOGGY

Here are the thickness of the spacers for the right side frame sliders:
IMG_6609.JPGIMG_6610.JPG

Now on inner side of the right side frame sliders both the top and bottom is about 3.5mm, I can't get my Mitutoyo calipers to get in there since it is very tight so I just use my plastic rulers. It might be best for you to purchase several 3mm and 4mm spacers and decide which fit best.
Also notice that all my spacers where actually STAINLESS STEEL. These spacers also available in Aluminum but I just light the stainless steel color better.
IMG_6611.JPGIMG_6612.JPG

And here the the measurements for the Stainless Steel spacer for the left side AELLA frame slider:
You will need 2 spacers with thickness of 15mm:
IMG_6614.JPG

and 2 more spacers with thickness of around 2mm to be put BEHIND the Ducati Performance Generator Carbon Fiber protector...I forget why, but I remember, without this 2mm spacers, the Ducati Performance Generator Carbon Fiber Protector will hit something and I think I mentioned it in this build thread of mine:
IMG_6615.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thank you Haward. Did you have any on line store to buy those speacers?
Yes, I bought most of Stainless Steel Spacers from McMaster Carr.
Sometimes, they were only available in imperial (inches) so you just have to find the closest to the millimeter (metric) measurements I provided above.
By the way, please don't forget to start your build thread on this forum so we call can learn from your journey too ;)

bp_SFV4

Yes, I bought most of Stainless Steel Spacers from McMaster Carr.
Sometimes, they were only available in imperial (inches) so you just have to find the closest to the millimeter (metric) measurements I provided above.
By the way, please don't forget to start your build thread on this forum so we call can learn from your journey too ;)
Have you come across this site?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Have you come across this site?

Yes, I did, and purchased their aluminum spacers in raw aluminum and black anodized finished several time in the past.
They also ship fast, however they only sell aluminum spacers but not stainless steel.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The last special tools from Ohlins needed to replace the cartridge on my Ohlins EC Forks with the FKR cartridge finally arrived today (purchased from Brad @MOTION SBK )

These tool will allow me to use torque wrench instead of just using "feeling" to tightened the assembly. Now I just have to find time to work on the fork 😅 and I already have so much backlog of things that I need to do to both my 998 and my 916 Anniversario...
IMG_6618.JPGIMG_6619.JPG
IMG_6620.JPG

bp_SFV4

Yes, I did, and purchased their aluminum spacers in raw aluminum and black anodized finished several time in the past.
They also ship fast, however they only sell aluminum spacers but not stainless steel.
Why would the spacers need to be stainless steel if the other parts are magnesium and aluminum?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Why would the spacers need to be stainless steel if the other parts are magnesium and aluminum?
Great questions bp_SFV4,
and the answer is simply, because I like the color of the Stainless Steel finish better than the raw aluminum color. It create good contrast ;)

Apuca

Targeted ads on Facebook just got me with this one. Surely they’re taking the piss only making 10 units but get in quick 👀
@HKMP7 @Apuca @layed_black

Wonder if structural integrity is compromised. Maybe just for track use? Im debating ordering the rear axle in titanium, but unsure.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Wonder if structural integrity is compromised. Maybe just for track use? Im debating ordering the rear axle in titanium, but unsure.
It might but also might not compromised structural integrity. It's hard to know unless this KBike parts is tested against the original parts in a controlled environment to the point of destruction...
However K-Bike already put a disclaimer for this product and here is the screenshot:
1650291014773.png

In racing, parts are replaced every few racing hours or racing sessions or inspected after and before the next race...

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
It might but also might not compromised structural integrity. It's hard to know unless this KBike parts is tested against the original parts in a controlled environment to the point of destruction...
However K-Bike already put a disclaimer for this product and here is the screenshot:
View attachment 8262

In racing, parts are replaced every few racing hours or racing sessions or inspected after and before the next race...
The trouble is see if the weight on the site is right its not saving much. The factory one without bearings is around 800g. So you save 60 grams for $700. You know I love saving grams but this one doesn't make much sense.