DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Thursday, Middle of the week update 🥳:

I purchase a few more things for my Ohlins EC Forks transformation to the Ohlins FKR Cartridge from Brad @MOTION SBK"

Below is the Position Marker on the leg of the fork to show how far the fork travel during braking (don't tell anyone, but I am going to locate these 2 marker quite low on the forks... yeah maximum braking ;)😇):
IMG_5985.JPG

Ohlins official grease and thinner spanner:
IMG_5987.JPG

43mm insert that will allow me to use Ohlins special tools adapter to connect to my Torque Wrench:
IMG_5988.JPGIMG_5989.JPG

So, I purchase another tool before that will also able to tightened the fork but without torque wrench. Since I want to be precise, 🧐🤓, I decided to buy this and the torque wrench adapter.
Unfortunately, the torque wrench adapter itself is in back order until maybe end of this month, so my Ohlins EC forks transformation to FKR Cartridge will have to wait...

In the meantime,
I found an idea for my taillight LED modification which will let me avoid cutting or splicing the original wiring harness.
First, I have this extra taillight with broken mounting because I put a too large ProTi screws. So, I am going to collect the Female socket and harness from this broken taillight:
IMG_6189.JPGIMG_6190.JPG

Then use the male socket and some of the wiring from this New but Old Stock (NOS) Ducati ST2 tail light wiring harness:
IMG_6192.JPGIMG_6191.JPG

You guys might confuse on what I meant, but by this weekend, hopefully everything will be clearer, when I work on this wiring harness.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Saturday update 🥳:

So time to get back to the rear LED tail and brake light modification again...
First, I need to Dremel this wire channel on the mounting bracket of the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber license plate bracket because it hit the back of the NANO LED:

IMG_6202.JPG

And here is AFTER Dremel:
IMG_6203.JPG

Bolted the bracket back on to the whole assembly, also install the pin for the connector:
IMG_6204.JPGIMG_6205.JPG

Take a peek at the connector hole to find the right orientation of the pin:
IMG_6207.JPGIMG_6210.JPG

After some wiring solder (basically I run a "Y" branch that split the power to the Main TailLight/Brake Light and to the Nano LED, then test to make sure all the light function before I bolted everything to the bike.
Left picture, just tail light, right picture brake light on:
IMG_6211.JPGIMG_6212.JPG

Install the tailight back,
But then, I remember that I actually bought an M4 ProTi Titanium self tapping screw for the rear tailight so I took out the stock screw and install the ProTi:
IMG_6215.JPGIMG_6229.JPG

Then finally PRIME TIME 🤩:
Left picture, just tail light, Right picture, with brake light on:
IMG_6217.JPGIMG_6218.JPG

Again slightly different angle, but still the same, left picture just taillight, right picture brake light on:
IMG_6223.JPGIMG_6224.JPG

IMG_6221.JPGIMG_6220.JPG

Yap, I think they are pretty bright 😎 and bring EXTRA SAFETY in case someday I ride my bike at night ;)

Here to show the white LED picture for the license plate:
IMG_6222.JPG

Oh by the way, this is how it looks without the light on, and that super small NANO LED is really not noticeable at all:
IMG_6227.JPGIMG_6228.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Are those blinkers going to survive the exhaust heat?
Maybe not the red anodized aluminum finish, I think they will eventually fade out from the exhaust gas heat. However, I believe the housing will since these Rizoma Corsa turn signal housing's are machined aluminum.
When that happened, I plan to cerakote them ;)

and if that still fail, then switch to Rizoma "Super Short" Leggera and remove the current extension bar, and it will be away from the exhaust flow :cool::
1647148156412.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Well, still on fire with the LED light on the tail, I decided to continue and install my long long long in the storage TAIL FAIRING 😂:

IMG_6230.JPGIMG_6231.JPG

IMG_6232.JPGIMG_6234.JPG

IMG_6235.JPGIMG_6236.JPG

Oh, I also installed my Personalized Licence Plate 😎:
IMG_6237.JPGIMG_6241.JPG

And let There be LIGHT 🤩:
IMG_6242.JPGIMG_6244.JPG

IMG_6246.JPGIMG_6247.JPG

IMG_6248.JPGIMG_6249.JPG

And finally, REAL WORLD Darkeness Test (by turning off my living room light🧐🤓🤣:
IMG_6252.JPGIMG_6254.JPG

IMG_6256.JPGIMG_6255.JPG

Ok, I can go to sleep much happier and feeling more "SPECIALE" tonight 🙂

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I REALLY think you are going to have a problem there.

View attachment 7926

I suggest looking into the Termi tail for the under tail exhaust and checking the signal position or going with the Futurismoto tail.
Thank you for the suggestion bp_SFV4, however, if I remove the extension (pointed by my finger in the picture below), then replace the turn signal with the super short Rizoma Leggera, it should not be a problem anymore.
This black aluminum extension I believe was from either CNC Racing or Ducabike that I bought long long time ago and its removable.
IMG_6257.JPG

For now, I only turn the bike 5 to 10 minutes each time maybe once a week, so it might be a while before the current Red Anodized of the Rizoma Corsa turn signal faded away.

Rizoma actually make a nice license plate bracket specially designed for Termignoni under tail system:
1647153894501.png

However, I think, (at least for me) nothing beats the looks of the Ducati Performance License Plate bracket, I mean, those carbon fiber and those special design silver bolts are just so nice and match my other carbon fiber and other bolts from ProTi and Motocorse ;):
IMG_6261.JPGIMG_6262.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Thanks to @Steven777 "BUILD" thread which inspired me to add wings to my bike.

Initially, I wasn't fond of the wing when it first came out with the V4R model a few years ago, but the looks with wings are now growing on me.
Especially, after the latest 2022 V4 redesign the wing to be a bit smaller and added a more sophisticated looking BI-PLANE design.

Not to mention, Ducati Performance offer this newly design wing as accessories in CARBON FIBER, web link here: Pair of carbon wings. | Carbon | accessory Ducati
1647199508403.png

1647199532473.png

1647199582468.png

Having said that, the fairing design for Panigale V4 with wings and without wings are DIFFERENT especially the area where these wings are mounted.
Because this wings generate HIGH down force (and drag to generate downforce) at high speed.
So the mounting area need to be REINFORCED to distribute this force more evenly and will not create FLEX (which will reduce the downforce) and also potentially CRACKED the fairing.
This also means, I cannot just drill my stock fairing and install these carbon wings... I mean I can, but it is not properly sound from engineering point of view.

Coincidentally, my sons just asked me to purchase a second larger 3D printer, so I plan to ask my sons to use their larger 3D printer to design a mounting system to distribute this force at larger surface area on my stock fairings.
I don't want to replace my stock fairings with newer 2022 fairing because it is unique to my 25° Anniversario 916 model so I need to design proper mounting system.
I also need to purchase another PAIR of stock 25° Anniversario 916 fairing in case, in the future, I want my bike without wing again ;)
I am Hoping to start this project in the next few months since I already too many backlogs of project for this bike and the 998 project but stay tuned 😎

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I was always partial to the FuturisMoto since it maintained the lines of the bike, especially with the plate tucked.

View attachment 7934
Totally agree, with you on the FuturisMoto maintaining the lines of the bike.
Not only for the dual orientation license plate bracket it self but also for incorporating a turn signal (integrated) and license plate light.
It also made from machined aluminum material and use plug-in socket without wire splicing.
No doubt The FuturisMoto is the tidiest solution for people who prefer "Tail Tidy" clean "COOL" look, which is the trend that most people currently prefer.

Me, on the other hand, still like the closer to stock (while not stock) kinda look, which is not as clean or as cool as FuturisMoto.
However, I felt it is a "WARMER" look... most likely because I belong to the "OLDER" generation so I need to stay "WARMER" 🤣
Not to mention, I am also partial to "DUCATI PERFORMANCE" logo 🤪

Anyway, below are the 2favorite images of mine from FuturisMoto webpage, and it does look "COOL & CLEAN":
1647207459671.png1647208322943.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Sunday update 🤩:

I decided to install the SECOND Battery Rubber Pad that I purchase a few months ago. So, with just 1 single Battery Rubber Pad, the Lithium Battery was not sit on top of this battery pad but was suspended on the air, hold on by the positive and negative battery terminal.
Since the Lithium Battery is light, it just don't have enough mass/weight on it's own to overcome the stiffness of the positive and negative battery terminal. I don't want this since it create strain on the positive and negative battery terminal, especially if there are a lot of vibration, due to the engine, road or track surface.
So I will DOUBLE STACK the First Battery Rubber Pad with ANOTHER SECOND Battery Rubber Pad.

This is the first rubber pad in it's original facing up direction:
IMG_6263.JPG

I then FLIP this first rubber pad upside down:

IMG_6264.JPG

Then I add/stacked the second rubber pad, facing the right upright direction on top of the first rubber pad:

IMG_6265.JPG

Now the battery sit higher and meaning it is now sit on top of the rubber pads which absorb the weight so no weight is carried by the 2 battery terminal anymore:
IMG_6266.JPGIMG_6267.JPG

I then decided time to close the battery with it's cover, and I want to use the V4 Superleggera Carbon Fiber (but painted battery cover). It's red color is a bit different than the stock plastic color, and here is the comparison:
IMG_6268.JPGIMG_6269.JPG

I then test fit them to compare with the color of the tank:
IMG_6270.JPGIMG_6272.JPG

IMG_6271.JPGIMG_6273.JPG

Both looks nice, the V4 Superleggera cover of course will provide more "Red Gradation" so it looks nice... however, I just realized, these are not screwed to the gas tank but to the side fairings, so I guess I need to wait until after the fairing installed (which still long long time from now) before I can install the gas tank.
But I think later tonight I will start by installing that same Gold 916 Anniversario sticker like the stock battery cover.

So then I decided to work on other things like, replacing the Carbon Full Six Brake Line cover near the rear master cylinder with the Motocorse :love::

So here are before pictures:
IMG_6275.JPG

Then AFTER pictures, please note that I also replace the ProTi Titanium Bolts from Light Gold color for the carbon fiber to Silver Titanium to be used with the Gold Motocorse machined aluminum cover to provide CONTRAST 🧐🤓:
IMG_6278.JPGIMG_6279.JPG

IMG_6282.JPGIMG_6283.JPG

IMG_6285.JPGIMG_6286.JPG

Last, I replace the 4 bolts on the gas tank cover with ProTi Titanium (and I believe this is the LAST stock bolts on this bike that I can replace with ProTi Titanium Bolts) outside the bolts needed for the Front Ohlins FGR400 projects of course ;)
IMG_6287.JPGIMG_6288.JPG

I need to buy dinner and go to supermarket with my family now, so if I am not too tired, I might do a bit more this evening 😀

Apuca

Totally agree, with you on the FuturisMoto maintaining the lines of the bike.
Not only for the dual orientation license plate bracket it self but also for incorporating a turn signal (integrated) and license plate light.
It also made from machined aluminum material and use plug-in socket without wire splicing.
No doubt The FuturisMoto is the tidiest solution for people who prefer "Tail Tidy" clean "COOL" look, which is the trend that most people currently prefer.

Me, on the other hand, still like the closer to stock (while not stock) kinda look, which is not as clean or as cool as FuturisMoto.
However, I felt it is a "WARMER" look... most likely because I belong to the "OLDER" generation so I need to stay "WARMER" 🤣
Not to mention, I am also partial to "DUCATI PERFORMANCE" logo 🤪

Anyway, below are the 2favorite images of mine from FuturisMoto webpage, and it does look "COOL & CLEAN":
View attachment 7935View attachment 7936
I recently discovered this: I like it a lot and may consider it too Forged Carbon and Titanium Tail Tidy | Fulcrume Design

BMW Alpina

Staff member
DHL is very nice today, they deliver a box from BCS in UK 🥳:

Now, this picture will not do justice because... well, I can't seemed to get my iPhone to capture the real color of this Brembo Paint. If I can describe it... it is Gold with a bit hint of cooper in matte finish... It is PERFECT...

SUPER BIG BOX with lot's of Rice Foam and more foam to protect the caliper... I think this is their standard box to ship Car Brake Caliper 🤪, like it is really LARGE:
IMG_6316.JPG IMG_6317.JPG

Again this picture color of the Brembo is slightly off, in real world it is different:
IMG_E6318.JPG

Now, the color hue in the pictures below are closer to the real color although still a bit off:
IMG_E6321.JPGIMG_6322.JPG

IMG_6323.JPGIMG_6324.JPG

Test fit on the bike (again the left picture is close to the real color, the right one is not as accurate in color):
IMG_E6325.JPGIMG_6326.JPG

Close Ups 😘
IMG_E6331.JPGIMG_E6332.JPG

Back in the box, until I purchase Ohlins FGR 400 😉:
IMG_E6333.JPG

Max

I have fulcrume and nrc and I got a futrismoto for my v2. Nrc is junk stay away. Fulcrume is very very high quality same with futrismoto. Personally prefer fulcrume as felt the quality was higher and I appreciated the fact I could get the product. I get it that futrismoto is one guy but you know get it together and get some more help. If fulcrume would come out with mirror blanks with turn signals I think it would be game over. That’s just my two cents. I’ve also been told the integrated is a waste of time as the Ducati optics are higher than the v4evo and that other brand can’t remember right now

Max

I have fulcrume and nrc and I got a futrismoto for my v2. Nrc is junk stay away. Fulcrume is very very high quality same with futrismoto. Personally prefer fulcrume as felt the quality was higher and I appreciated the fact I could get the product. I get it that futrismoto is one guy but you know get it together and get some more help. If fulcrume would come out with mirror blanks with turn signals I think it would be game over. That’s just my two cents. I’ve also been told the integrated is a waste of time as the Ducati optics are higher than the v4evo and that other brand can’t remember right now
Forgot to mention I thought there was something wrong with my tail tidy from fulcrume and the gentleman took his time to help me right away thru fb messenger with a video. He even offered a credit due to the confusion I was having that I declined as it was something I was able to mitigate and there was nothing wrong with the product. That’s what you call service.

leanangle

Forgot to mention I thought there was something wrong with my tail tidy from fulcrume and the gentleman took his time to help me right away thru fb messenger with a video. He even offered a credit due to the confusion I was having that I declined as it was something I was able to mitigate and there was nothing wrong with the product. That’s what you call service.

Thanks Max!!! We are working on integrated turn signals for the front but our design is unlike anyone else's so we are keeping it under wraps for now. It should be pretty cool. Thanks again!!!