DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

MaverickiB

R&G grips are pretty good, the logo sticker is separate so you can choose not to use it. They are also fairly easy to cut. I like their texture, it's more of a grainy/rough texture to grip on instead of the more plastic grips that feel "sticky." They improve grip without destroying your leathers like some of the more egregiously sticky ones do.

Max

R&G grips are pretty good, the logo sticker is separate so you can choose not to use it. They are also fairly easy to cut. I like their texture, it's more of a grainy/rough texture to grip on instead of the more plastic grips that feel "sticky." They improve grip without destroying your leathers like some of the more egregiously sticky ones do.
Do you feel when you cut it gives a clean look? I was hoping for a clear to show off the carbon

craig bush

Interesting. I had the exact opposite experience - had tech spec and thought they were alright, then went to ez-grip and have found them more to my preference (track use only).

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
On my 998 BUILD, many of the parts will be sourced from used parts because it is an old bike and no new parts is available.
But I want to recondition the parts and make it as clean as possible before further treatment to ensure it look like new. A RESTOMOD is the right term I believe ;)

So, I decided to buy the Ultrasonic Cleaner that is big enough to clean a cylinder block and head if I have too.
This will also be a good tool for some of you who want to recondition your parts after wear and tear from track days or daily ride.

And it arrived today 🥳:
Of course it has to pass security check from my puppy 😃
IMG_5836.JPG

Shiny 😎:
IMG_5837.JPGIMG_5838.JPG

Hi Tech control too:
IMG_5839.JPGIMG_5840.JPG

This user manual made me feel like a pro already 🤪:
IMG_5842.JPG

I can't wait to test it, but I need to wait until the cleaning solutions arrived soon 🤩
IMG_5843.JPGIMG_5844.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I received great news from Brad @MOTION SBK today,
I ordered the Ohlins FKR 108 Cartridge since second week of December, and at that time, the lead time is 7 months or June this year.
However, turn out, Ohlins manage to produce them at much earlier time and it already arrived.

So Brad asked me whether he should ship cartridge to me or I wants him to install the cartridge on my Ohlins EC forks.
I asked Brad, how much the cost for special tools so I can install this cartridge myself and turn out it will around $600 so double the cost of $300 for having Brad installed it for me (including installing the Motocorse Billet Bottom and Forks Oil).

Logically, I should just ask Brad to install it for me because I might not be using this special tools ever again... and Brad is a pro with more experience...
However, since I want my sons to learn how to install a fork cartridge, so that make the justification for me to order all the special tools needed ;)

Can't wait to start working on this cartridge upgrade, hopefully in the next 2 or 3 weeks 🤩

Oh, by the way, so the master plan is to upgrade the Ohlins EC forks from this Panigale V4S with FKR108 Cartridge and Motocorse Billet Bottom but then transfer it to be used on the 998. (I already purchase the custom lower triple clamp and axle for the 998 to receive this Ohlins forks)
While the Panigale V4S will use the still not release to market Ohlins FGR400 forks 🥳

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Brad @MOTION SBK does not play games when it come to business.

I paid him yesterday morning, and this morning everything I ordered ARRIVED via FedEx Overnight !!! and no, I did not pay nor Brad asked me to add extra for the super fast shipping, this is just GREAT Customer Service at it best.
Of course nothing pass without Full Security Check from my Labrador Puppy as usual :ROFLMAO::
IMG_5859.JPG

Yes, The Original Gold FKR 108 Cartridge:
IMG_5860.JPG

IMG_5861.JPG IMG_5862.JPG

User Manual:
IMG_5863.JPG

3 different springs with of course varying rate came with the kit:
IMG_5864.JPG

Overall looks:
IMG_5867.JPG

Even the bottom is super nice:
IMG_5868.JPG

Fluids and Ohlins original Special Tools (made me feel like ... well Ohlins Technical Support) :cool:🤪:
IMG_5869.JPGIMG_5870.JPG

and of course, how it looks from the top for both Compression at one side and Rebound at the other side of the forks (so each individual fork have different task):
IMG_5865.JPGIMG_5866.JPG

I will post a DIY (together with my sons) when I have time to install this so everyone can learn from my experience (but hopefully avoid my mistakes... knock on carbon fiber errr wood) 🥳
Yes, this is a family affair 🤩

BMW Alpina

Staff member
The Motocorse billet rear brake line holders arrived today, exquisite :love::

IMG_5871.JPGIMG_5873.JPG

However, not everything is perfect today,
I saw a fitting with dual O-Ring that I was hoping can fit into the oil hose inlet/outlet on the engine block, however turn out they were larger. I was hoping I can use this to connect to an -AN8 Goodridge reusable fitting so I can easilly align it without crimping. Looks like it is going to be full crimping now:
IMG_5858.JPG

More updates this long weekend 🥳

Bruce Wayne

Ya the only issue with cutting them is I think they will look bad and not professional. I don’t think the lui moto are actual good grips but just looks. Ah oh well thank you for your help buddy. I’m happy you like the tank extender I got roasted on fb and by some riders about how “ugly” it is and I’m like you guys have no idea how beautiful this piece is in person.
I've just fitted a set of the new k-tech cartridges, similar to the Ohlins, let me know if you are fitting them and i can talk you through the processIMG_20220219_192225.jpgIMG_20220219_192231.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I've just fitted a set of the new k-tech cartridges, similar to the Ohlins, let me know if you are fitting them and i can talk you through the processView attachment 7705View attachment 7706
Thank you for the offer to guide Bruce Wayne, I will reach out to you if I have questions.
By the way, is this K-Tech for the same V4R bike that you equipped with the Ohlins FGR300 front forks and Ohlins SBK rear shocks? Or is this for a different bike?
If it is for the same bike, why did you change them?
Thanks again

Bruce Wayne

Thank you for the offer to guide Bruce Wayne, I will reach out to you if I have questions.
By the way, is this K-Tech for the same V4R bike that you equipped with the Ohlins FGR300 front forks and Ohlins SBK rear shocks? Or is this for a different bike?
If it is for the same bike, why did you change them?
Thanks again
This is a different bike, it's Australian superbike spec so we can't modify much. Will post some more pictures next week.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I was planning to spent this long weekend working on this bike, however, I just realized that my Honda Fit front brake rotors and brake pads need to be replaced and can't wait anymore, so this past 2 days were spent working on it.
In fact, I just return back from bedding the rotors and the brake pads (30mph for first few miles to take out the zinc coating, then 20 times braking from 60mph to 20mph plus 20 seconds cooling down in between and 10 times 80mph to 20mph with the same cooling down and 10 minutes coasting no braking).
Can only safely do it in the middle of the night... that is why...

However, I managed to used this to test the Ultrasound Cleaner for washing the brake rotor HATS and also some parts from my 998 project.
First, I warm the water up, and it start at 16 celcius to 45 Celsius (took around 40 minutes to reach 45 celsius).
IMG_5891.JPG

I use Simple Green for aircraft application mixed with 3 parts water:
IMG_5890.JPGIMG_5892.JPG

Put the parts to be cleaned, oh, I also put the old bolts and nuts in the plastic bag (later filled with the cleaning solution of course):
IMG_5894.JPGIMG_5893.JPG

And here are the 998 parts and the Panigale V4 oil cooler hose fittings, quite happy with the Ultrasonic Cleaner:
IMG_5902.JPGIMG_5903.JPG

By the way, here is the Brembo brakes on my Honda Fit Before and After the replacement, notice the Rotor HATS is very clean now (right picture) after Ultrasonic bath:
IMG_5884.JPGIMG_5916.JPG

I also use Ohlins suspension on my Honda Fit, (built by Ohlins distributor in Japan, Carrozeria) :ROFLMAO:.
This Brembo brakes is originally a kit for the Subaru BRZ, but I designed (napkin drawing) a custom rotor Hat and Custom Caliper Bracket and sent them to machine shop to fit my Honda Fit.
The brake rotor on the left was originally have slots like the new one (they are Type III Brembo rotors), but after about 120,000 miles, they become a FLAT surfaced rotors 🥴
It's amazing though that I only have to replace the rotors after 120k miles and only replace the brake pads twice despite lots of heavy braking. (Well Honda Fit is a light and slow car that is why 😇)
Actually this second brake pads still have some materials left, but I figure while I replace the new rotors, might as well replace with a new pads for proper bedding,
and so I don't have to take out the brake calipers again for at least another 60k miles 🤩

Hopefully tomorrow I can use the time available to work on this bike 😃