DUCATI Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 BUILD Thread

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
I bought the HDESA front axle alignment tool few months ago for my current stock axle, but then I also decided to purchase the same tool but for smaller axle needed for future Ohlins FGR300 just so I can have a feel of the diameter requirement.
Since HDESA did not make the tool in this size, I found an alternative from Podium Racing which just arrived today. Below are pictures comparing them side by side:

IMG_9871.JPGIMG_9872.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I didn't do much modification work today mainly because I still need to wait for some parts to arrive before I can continue, so update will come at a slower pace until maybe sometimes Mid-January...

But I did manage to test fit the honeycomb mesh wire to the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover.
First I measure and cut the mesh wire with Dremel:
IMG_9873.JPG

Then I test fit on the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Vent Slits:
IMG_9874.JPGIMG_9875.JPG

I think I want to paint the mesh black, but then I remember, why don't I just try to purchase a honeycomb mesh that already came with black color... so I search at Amazon and find a black colored one.
Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days :)

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
I didn't do much modification work today mainly because I still need to wait for some parts to arrive before I can continue, so update will come at a slower pace until maybe sometimes Mid-January...

But I did manage to test fit the honeycomb mesh wire to the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover.
First I measure and cut the mesh wire with Dremel:
View attachment 2445

Then I test fit on the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Vent Slits:
View attachment 2446View attachment 2447

I think I want to paint the mesh black, but then I remember, why don't I just try to purchase a honeycomb mesh that already came with black color... so I search at Amazon and find a black colored one.
Hopefully it will arrive in the next few days :)
Nice mod. I have an idea in mind which is similar to improve some cooling on the 1199. When I fitted my full Ti Akra system I want for an hour ride without fairings and stopped and checked bolts etc.

Nothing came loose so I refitted the fairings. But during the ride the temps were way cooler. chalk and cheese. Anyway that set an idea in my head which I have yet to do. My full CF tail for my 1199 (full six) has black mesh in the vents and it looks trick. Still gotta fit that piece.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Nice mod. I have an idea in mind which is similar to improve some cooling on the 1199. When I fitted my full Ti Akra system I want for an hour ride without fairings and stopped and checked bolts etc.

Nothing came loose so I refitted the fairings. But during the ride the temps were way cooler. chalk and cheese. Anyway that set an idea in my head which I have yet to do. My full CF tail for my 1199 (full six) has black mesh in the vents and it looks trick. Still gotta fit that piece.
Thanks PanigalePilot 😃

By the way,
I also want to say Thank You to @HKMP7 for letting us know about the Corsa Garage Titanium Radiator Cap last week. I ordered right away after I saw the post from HKMP7 and arrived today 😃

Some before and after pictures:
IMG_9879.JPGIMG_9880.JPG

IMG_9881.JPGIMG_9882.JPG
IMG_9884.JPGIMG_9883.JPG

However, I noticed the AEM Factory have an O-Ring for sealing purposes, while the Corsa Garage version did not have, so I am now thinking either putting an O-Ring or somekind of seal for the Corsa Garage cap 🤓

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Oh, I forgot about this one, so a few weeks ago I tried to replace a NUT that lock the swivel joint bearing for the gear shifter rod with ProTi Titanium M6 nut that have 1 mm pitch for the tread.
Somehow, I wasn't able to screw the nut on the thread, I mean it screw fine initially, then just stuck and won't rotate/screw in further.
At that time I thought the gear shifter rod must have special thread pitch and since it was late in the evening, I decided to just gave it up and put the original steel nut back.

Then yesterday, I felt challenged to find a Titanium Nut with special thread that can fit the gear shifter rod. So I start doing research
and found that there are some M6 nuts with 0.75 fine pitch thread. However all of them are made from steel and only 1 manufacturer product in Titanium but they are only sold at minimum quantity of 20 units and cost over $40 🥴🥴🥴

Still, I was determine to purchase this nut because I just got to have it in Titanium.
However, before I place the order, I decided to check the thread on the gear shifter rod with a thread gauge to make sure they are really 0.75mm pitch and not some imperial (inch) thread instead...

To my surprise, turn out my thread gauge shows that the thread on the gear shifter rod was actually 1mm regular M6 thread... :oops:

I was puzzled, and decided to try screwing the ProTi Titanium Nut onto the gear shifter rod again.
Of course, the nut wasn't able to screw in again.. but out of curiosity, I flipped the nut and start screwing from the other opening of the nut, and voila, it screw in smoothly now...
So I suspect either there is very small debris on the gear shift rod thread or the ProTi Titanium Nut had a thread that was not "cut" cleanly thus blocking the nut from rotating freely further in.

Wow, what a relief that I don't have to buy a $40 nuts package, and what a mess would it be if I just purchase that $40 nuts package only to find out the thread is not 0.75mm...

Moral of this experience is, next time I will need to ALWAYS rely on MEASURING things, gather the data and not just trust your finger whether the fastener fit or not... 😅
Finger can lie, Data will not lie 🤓🧐

So here is the ProTi M6 x 1.0mm pitch Titanium Nut installed on the gear shifter rod:
IMG_9886.JPG

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Oh, I forgot about this one, so a few weeks ago I tried to replace a NUT that lock the swivel joint bearing for the gear shifter rod with ProTi Titanium M6 nut that have 1 mm pitch for the tread.
Somehow, I wasn't able to screw the nut on the thread, I mean it screw fine initially, then just stuck and won't rotate/screw in further.
At that time I thought the gear shifter rod must have special thread pitch and since it was late in the evening, I decided to just gave it up and put the original steel nut back.

Then yesterday, I felt challenged to find a Titanium Nut with special thread that can fit the gear shifter rod. So I start doing research
and found that there are some M6 nuts with 0.75 fine pitch thread. However all of them are made from steel and only 1 manufacturer product in Titanium but they are only sold at minimum quantity of 20 units and cost over $40 🥴🥴🥴

Still, I was determine to purchase this nut because I just got to have it in Titanium.
However, before I place the order, I decided to check the thread on the gear shifter rod with a thread gauge to make sure they are really 0.75mm pitch and not some imperial (inch) thread instead...

To my surprise, turn out my thread gauge shows that the thread on the gear shifter rod was actually 1mm regular M6 thread... :oops:

I was puzzled, and decided to try screwing the ProTi Titanium Nut onto the gear shifter rod again.
Of course, the nut wasn't able to screw in again.. but out of curiosity, I flipped the nut and start screwing from the other opening of the nut, and voila, it screw in smoothly now...
So I suspect either there is very small debris on the gear shift rod thread or the ProTi Titanium Nut had a thread that was not "cut" cleanly thus blocking the nut from rotating freely further in.

Wow, what a relief that I don't have to buy a $40 nuts package, and what a mess would it be if I just purchase that $40 nuts package only to find out the thread is not 0.75mm...

Moral of this experience is, next time I will need to ALWAYS rely on MEASURING things, gather the data and not just trust your finger whether the fastener fit or not... 😅

So here is the ProTi M6 x 1.0mm pitch Titanium Nut installed on the gear shifter rod:
View attachment 2467
I got caught like that once with nice Ti CNC brand nuts for Cush drive on the rear sprocket
1mm thread vs 1.25 on Cush drive bolt not OEM but poly urethane
In the end retapped the CNC
That was a couple years ago so now I always confirm thread size
Even sometimes take a thread gauge to supplier
All part of the fun and learning for me

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Today the Black Colored Grill from Amazon arrived and this is even much better because the opening is about half smaller than the silver grill.
The Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover Vent Slit Opening is already small, so a smaller grill opening will be more balance and looks nicer 🧐😊
I will install it to the Ducati Performance Carbon Fiber Tank Cover hopefully this weekend.

Below are the pictures to compare against the silver grill:
IMG_9890.JPG IMG_9891.JPG

Bruce Wayne

View attachment 2467
I think you will find one end of the shift rod is lefthand thread?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I think you will find one end of the shift rod is lefthand thread?
Hi Bruce,
I think you are right, however, I never open the other side of the shift rod because on our bike, the other side does not have any locking nut that I can replace with Titanium:
Capture.JPG

Duc_tmmc

Thanks PanigalePilot 😃

By the way,
I also want to say Thank You to @HKMP7 for letting us know about the Corsa Garage Titanium Radiator Cap last week. I ordered right away after I saw the post from HKMP7 and arrived today 😃

Some before and after pictures:
View attachment 2456View attachment 2457

View attachment 2458View attachment 2459
View attachment 2460View attachment 2461

However, I noticed the AEM Factory have an O-Ring for sealing purposes, while the Corsa Garage version did not have, so I am now thinking either putting an O-Ring or somekind of seal for the Corsa Garage cap 🤓
Love this cap!! Both version on @HKMP7 bike and this one👌

Went to their site but i cant justify shipping cost (38$) plus, most likely will add import tax 🙈

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Ordered this GOLD set a few days ago from our official forum vendor @dennispowersport 🥳🤩
Can't wait for it to arrive sometimes in January 2021... I might need to sell my current SILVER set soon 🤪

025_form_1_1.jpg028_form_1_1.jpg
027_form_1_1.jpg026_form_1_1.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Different
Be great to see on the bike
Thanks PanigalePilot, hopefully the Gold color hue will be the same as on the picture on Motocorse Website, because with gold, it is easy to have gold that look dull or like cheap plastic or even look like rusted but if the gold color is exactly the same as above, I think it will look great (contrast) considering the background color of it will be either Peter Lieb Carbon Fiber Frame and Subframe Cover or the Rizoma Rear Set 😁
I guess we will find out soon 🧐

By the way, I can't sleep last night (again) ,and as usual this is very bad for my wallet 🤑 because at 2 am I stumble upon many more carbon fiber parts which I then decided to order (I want to buy last night but most of the source is still on New Year's holiday)... so hopefully they will respond soon so I can pay them. Maybe next time, I better take that ZZZquil to help me sleep early and help my wallet too 🤪

So I promise that most likely starting end of January, there will be a FLURRY of MODIFICATION updates and they will be "unique" 😉

PanigalePilot

Staff member
Thanks PanigalePilot, hopefully the Gold color hue will be the same as on the picture on Motocorse Website, because with gold, it is easy to have gold that look dull or like cheap plastic or even look like rusted but if the gold color is exactly the same as above, I think it will look great (contrast) considering the background color of it will be either Peter Lieb Carbon Fiber Frame and Subframe Cover or the Rizoma Rear Set 😁
I guess we will find out soon 🧐

By the way, I can't sleep last night (again) ,and as usual this is very bad for my wallet 🤑 because at 2 am I stumble upon many more carbon fiber parts which I then decided to order (I want to buy last night but most of the source is still on New Year's holiday)... so hopefully they will respond soon so I can pay them. Maybe next time, I better take that ZZZquil to help me sleep early and help my wallet too 🤪

So I promise that most likely starting end of January, there will be a FLURRY of MODIFICATION updates and they will be "unique" 😉
Can’t wait to see what you get

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Can’t wait to see what you get
Hi PanigalePilot,
They are actually very similar to one of your very special modification 😉
and the store just responded so I paid in full right away because the parts should be super limited in availability, now waiting for arrival, hopefully around the same time as the exhaust 😁

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Motocorse Frame Plug arrived today. I purchased this from our OFFICIAL Forum Vendors, @dennispowersport (y)
Dennis managed to get me this order very fast together with his large bulk shipment from Motocorse 😃
I already purchase the Silver Color version a few months ago, but I can't hold myself when I saw now they offer in GOLD 😎

Since this gold color version already arrived, I am now selling my silver version/kit on the Want To Sell Section,
Direct Link here:
Motocorse Aluminium frame plugs kit (Nr.6) 102108320 Ducati Panigale V4 V4S V4R

Comparison pictures:
IMG_0026.JPG

IMG_0027.JPGIMG_0030.JPG
IMG_0029.JPG IMG_0030.JPG

IMG_0031.JPGIMG_0032.JPG

I think I will buy a SILVER color ProTi Titanium bolt and see how it looks compare to the current Gold ProTi Titanium Bolt.

Also, this Frame to engine Plug Cover is the only cover I had installed (aka considered used item) on the bike, but the rest of the silver plug cover is still in never installed condition.
Now, when I sell my silver plug, of course, the large M12 (I think it is M12) engine to frame bolt will be a brand new bolt that came with the gold package.

Also, this Stainless Steel Y-Barb for the Samco hose project arrived:
IMG_0034.JPG

And last, one set of Ohlins sticker arrived today. I also buy 2 more different set of Ohlins Sticker from Different Vendor to see which one will look better because
I just ordered a brand new @Ilmberger Carbonparts Carbon Fiber Lower Tank Cover and this Ohlins Sticker will be used on them.

My current Peter Lieb Carbon Fiber Lower Tank Cover had the Akrapovic Sticker clearcoated so the sticker can't be removed without refinishing of the matte clear coat,
plus the Peter Lieb cover is attached using bolt and can only be tightened to 5nm and this same bolt need to be torque at much higher value to hold the SC-Project WSBK exhaust bracket, so I can utlilized the Peter Lieb Carbon Fiber Lower Tank Cover.
Don't get me wrong, the Peter Lieb Carbon Fiber Lower Tank Cover is also very high quality carbon fiber and precise fit, but I wasn't planning to change my stock Akrapovic exhaust when I purchased it.

The Ilmberger Carbon Fiber Lower Tank Cover use adhesive to attached to the tank so it will not have issue with the bolts for the exhaust. And of course the Ohlins sticker will be "neutral" because it would be "funny" for my bike to have SC-Project exhaust but Akrapovic sticker on it 🤪
I can't wait to see them together... plus I also buy some other Ilmberger Carbon fiber parts too 🤩🥳
IMG_0033.JPG

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Love the gold on gold! Has the right amount of contrast. Looking good.
Thanks HKMP7,
I agree, initially, I am about to order the Titanium Silver ProTi bolt for maximum contrast with the Gold Motocorse Bolt Cover, but I decided to test with the current gold ProTi and I like it more because, this bolt cover will look like it is the very large head of the frame bolt itself (1 solid frame bolt) if the ProTi bolt also in gold.
But if I add a Titanium Silver ProTi, the contrast might be too much plus it disclose it self as only a "bolt cover" not an integral part of the frame bolt...

I realized it when I review these pictures from Motocorse, where they use RED frame bolt cover with titanium silver center bolt. If Motocorse also use a RED color center bolt, then it will actually looks better:
A1.jpgA2.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
When I was installing my Ilmberger Carbon Exhaust Manifold Cover, I found that it come with a separate piece of Carbon cover for the Rear Ohlins Electronic Shock Socket/Wiring,
Below are 2 pictures of the Ilmberger installed with ProTi bolts to make clear what I am talking about:
IMG_9728.JPGIMG_9729.JPG

I was surfing for other carbon parts a few weeks ago and found a similar looking parts at Motocomposites website (Canadian based company):
Front Brake Hose Guide in 100% Carbon Fiber for Ducati Panigale V4
However, the title of this part on their website was FRONT Brake Hose Guide ??? I was confused but figured out since the price is not bad, I just buy it and it arrived today.
And turn out it is the correct part that I want to purchase, motocomposites just have the wrong title on their website 😅

IMG_0195.JPGIMG_0196.JPGIMG_0197.JPG

The quality is NOT Bad, about the same as the FullSix/Shift-Tech Carbon fiber parts that I purchased before, so still ok.

Of course the quality of the finish is NOT at the level of Ilmberger or Peter Lieb or Ducati Performance/Ducati OEM, but it's a small kinda hidden parts and more for functional purposes so I can tolerate 🧐🤪.

I am thinking of somehow using this part in combination with the Ducati OEM Carbon Fiber Lower cover from the V4R that I ordered to protect the Ohlins Rear Shock Electronic Wiring (socket).

I am waiting for a lot of carbon fiber parts (from other manufactures though) coming in several batches during the month of February (hopefully sooner though), please be patient, it is going to be VERY EXCITING 😃