Ducati Panigale Bayliss 1st Championship 20th Anniversary - Project Build

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hey Guys, does anyone know if the 19RCS Corsacorta would fit on the V4S? from what I can see its suitable to suit from the WRS websiteWRS Italy RCS19
Hi KODAKHODAK,
If your brake caliper piston size is all 30mm, meaning 4 pistons each 30mm diameter like the stock caliper, Stylema caliper, Stylema R caliper, or GP4-MS caliper, then you need RCS17 Corsa Corta.
But as soon as your brake caliper has 2 pistons (out of 4 pistons) larger than 30mm in diameter, then you will need the larger RCS19 Corsa Corta.

You can use the RCS19 Corsa Corta on the stock 30mm piston caliper, but your master cylinder brake lever will have almost no free travel and leave you with less "feeling". (people called it woody feeling/too hard)

KODAKHODAK

It will fit, but the 19 is not ideal with the stock calipers. Most people seem to go with the 17. There's a chart or calculator online which compares the caliper to master ratio. I can't remember what the magic ratio is, off the top of my head.
Ahh ok I’ll go search for it - cheers

KODAKHODAK

Hi KODAKHODAK,
If your brake caliper piston size is all 30mm, meaning 4 pistons each 30mm diameter like the stock caliper, Stylema caliper, Stylema R caliper, or GP4-MS caliper, then you need RCS17 Corsa Corta.
But as soon as your brake caliper has 2 pistons (out of 4 pistons) larger than 30mm in diameter, then you will need the larger RCS19 Corsa Corta.

You can use the RCS19 Corsa Corta on the stock 30mm piston caliper, but your master cylinder brake lever will have almost no free travel and leave you with less "feeling". (people called it woody feeling/too hard)
So RCS17 Corsa Costa it is then, cheers Fellas this forum is always the best information and appreciate the help.

KODAKHODAK

Back into Mods for the V4S, not sure if Ill create another page for this bike, but if its ok with Mods can I showcase my build for the V4S here?

Tonight worked on the V4S for the real first time, well I actually lie, last weekend did a wheel swap and was relativly easy with the right tools.

Back to tonights upgrades, bought a set of Evotech Radiator Guards, now having never worked on a V4S by taking off the fairings it was a learning process
and got to understands the bike a little bit more. To get the radiator guys in there was a little bit of shifting of the radiator and oil cooler when you required to remove certain bolts to loosen everything up, there is a few Youtube videos to watch for support. Overall took me about 2 hours start to finish. Looks way better now and have that insurance protection.

Oh yeah I bought a motorcycle hoist online here in Australia and was $960 AUD with shipping landed on my door step. Works a bloody treat and wish I bought one sooner.

If you require a link to the site check out these guys: Motorcycle Lift Table - Hydraulic

V4S_Pic0.jpg

V4S_Pic1.jpg

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Back into Mods for the V4S, not sure if Ill create another page for this bike, but if its ok with Mods can I showcase my build for the V4S here?

Tonight worked on the V4S for the real first time, well I actually lie, last weekend did a wheel swap and was relativly easy with the right tools.

Back to tonights upgrades, bought a set of Evotech Radiator Guards, now having never worked on a V4S by taking off the fairings it was a learning process
and got to understands the bike a little bit more. To get the radiator guys in there was a little bit of shifting of the radiator and oil cooler when you required to remove certain bolts to loosen everything up, there is a few Youtube videos to watch for support. Overall took me about 2 hours start to finish. Looks way better now and have that insurance protection.

Oh yeah I bought a motorcycle hoist online here in Australia and was $960 AUD with shipping landed on my door step. Works a bloody treat and wish I bought one sooner.

If you require a link to the site check out these guys: Motorcycle Lift Table - Hydraulic

View attachment 11659

View attachment 11657
Hi KodakHodak,
Normally it's best to create a new thread at the V4S section so reader can find information about specific model faster, however, for VALUED members like you, we can always make an exception ;)

KODAKHODAK

Important Question for all my Ducati Friends, I bought a Full Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust for my V4S from WRS Italy and before buying I asked several questions regarding Maps Codes etc once it lands in Australia. Now some on Facebook are saying the Exhaust wont work because the Ducati Software Computer wont recognise the map from Italy. However speaking to Luca from WRS Italy he wrote:

Hi Frank,
every delaer Ducati gives this service in all parts of the world.
Only the official Ducati software can match the map.
Once we purchase the exhaust we communicate the bike's VIN, once the exhaust is shipped the map is unlocked and the Ducati dealer will find it on his system

Regards

Luca Gentile

&

Hi frank,

once you purchase the exhaust just send us the VIN code of your ducati to unlock a dedicated map

Regards

Luca Gentile

Lets say it doesn't recognise the Australia Ducati Software, Could I just take the bike to Sydney Dyno and get them to tune it?

Cheers if anyone knows some insight for buying an Exhaust Overseas, that's actually ordered from Ducati Direct from a Supplier. I only bought the Exhaust because I paid $6,200AUD rather than $10K AUD from my local dealer.

Cheers Frank

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Important Question for all my Ducati Friends, I bought a Full Titanium Akrapovic Exhaust for my V4S from WRS Italy and before buying I asked several questions regarding Maps Codes etc once it lands in Australia. Now some on Facebook are saying the Exhaust wont work because the Ducati Software Computer wont recognise the map from Italy. However speaking to Luca from WRS Italy he wrote:

Hi Frank,
every delaer Ducati gives this service in all parts of the world.
Only the official Ducati software can match the map.
Once we purchase the exhaust we communicate the bike's VIN, once the exhaust is shipped the map is unlocked and the Ducati dealer will find it on his system
Regards
Luca Gentile
&

Hi frank,
once you purchase the exhaust just send us the VIN code of your ducati to unlock a dedicated map
Regards
Luca Gentile

Lets say it doesn't recognise the Australia Ducati Software, Could I just take the bike to Sydney Dyno and get them to tune it?
Cheers if anyone knows some insight for buying an Exhaust Overseas, that's actually ordered from Ducati Direct from a Supplier. I only bought the Exhaust because I paid $6,200AUD rather than $10K AUD from my local dealer.
Cheers Frank
Hi Frank,
The map for the Full Titanium Akrapovic exhaust will be the same anywhere in the world because it's basically an open version without a catalytic converter.

The Ducati Software System in every dealer in the world is the same, and they just need to confirm your VIN to the main server in Ducati Headquarters in Italy for verification.
Once your VIN is verified, then your official Ducati dealer anywhere in the world can upload the new Akrapovic map to your motorcycle.

I had done this with my bike, and I also bought the full system Akrapovic from WRS.

Heck, I even asked my local Ducati dealer (not the dealer I bought my bike from), to flash my bike with the factory Akrapovic map while the bike is equipped with SC-Project WSBK exhaust with Termignoni silencers on the bike 🤪
As long as my bike VIN# is registered to Ducati's main server in Italy, no problem.

Yes, I bought the Full System Akrapovic from WRS, not to install it on the bike, but just to extract the Akrapovic map and upload it to my bike.
I later sell my still brand new unused Full System Akrapovic at discount to other people but I told the buyer, they will not be able to get the map for it since I already used it.

KODAKHODAK

@BMW Alpina

why did this guy in Australia Facebook Group write this to my question regarding the Akrapovic Exhaust:

“Ahh ok.. well I'm sorry but he's wrong,
I'm a service parts and accessories manager for an Aus dealer.. you cannot upload a map from an overseas dealer here in Aus. Possibly can overseas from country to country but you can't for bikes here. Aus is the only country in the world that has its own Ducati warehouse outside of Italy and Aus dealers can only upload maps for Aus delivered bikes. We've tried a few times before as we've had really good customers want some systems, but say we couldn't because of temporary supply issues they've purchased elsewhere overseas had the vin applied to that particular exhaust on Ducati's DDS(their workshop software) from the overseas dealer, but it doesn't matter, it won't work unfortunately. You can definitely get a third party tune.. but won't be able to upload the Ducati performance mapping. “

We are based in Australia, where you located @BMW Alpina?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
@BMW Alpina

why did this guy in Australia Facebook Group write this to my question regarding the Akrapovic Exhaust:

I'm a service parts and accessories manager for an Aus dealer.. you cannot upload a map from an overseas dealer here in Aus. Possibly can overseas from country to country but you can't for bikes here. Aus is the only country in the world that has its own Ducati warehouse outside of Italy and Aus dealers can only upload maps for Aus delivered bikes. We've tried a few times before as we've had really good customers want some systems, but say we couldn't because of temporary supply issues they've purchased elsewhere overseas had the vin applied to that particular exhaust on Ducati's DDS(their workshop software) from the overseas dealer, but it doesn't matter, it won't work unfortunately. You can definitely get a third party tune.. but won't be able to upload the Ducati performance mapping. “

I am located in the USA.
The map is always downloaded by any dealer in the world directly from Ducati Italy server, so unless Ducati Autralia has their own server for map, this really doesn't make sense.
You might want to just contact the dealer directly (and also contact SEVERAL Ducati dealers, not just 1 dealer). Actually, try contacting the dealer where you buy your bike because they usually want to help you since you are their customer.

PanigalePilot

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
@BMW Alpina

Every bike is unique. There are variations in the induction system, fuel injectors, mileage on the bike etc
If you want to maximise the performance the only way to do it is to put it on a dyno and adjust the fuel tables for that particular bike. It has to be done for both High and Low injectors for each cylinder. The factory one shot fits all will give you an a good result and a great improvement but it will never be optimal.
The stalkbook guy does not say it but the 3rd party tuners mostly have copies of all the various maps from the factory.

KODAKHODAK

Every bike is unique. There are variations in the induction system, fuel injectors, mileage on the bike etc
If you want to maximise the performance the only way to do it is to put it on a dyno and adjust the fuel tables for that particular bike. It has to be done for both High and Low injectors for each cylinder. The factory one shot fits all will give you an a good result and a great improvement but it will never be optimal.
The stalkbook guy does not say it but the 3rd party tuners mostly have copies of all the various maps from the factory.
My plans are to get a proper tune on the V4S once I have the exhaust installed, Ill just like it to run from the Exhaust Map supplied first so I can ride around a bit and then arrange a set date to get it on the Dyno.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I just remembered, our forum official vendor @DeussenEngines located in Germany, can also help you with remote tuning in case you cannot upload the Ducati Akrapovic factory exhaust map in Australia.

KODAKHODAK

Hey Guys,

Little mod added to the V4S today, looked around for some bar ends and brake & clutch guards and came across a friend that installed a set of these DB-Race on his V4 SP2, gotta admit these are incredible and the quality as a one piece unit is just perfect for this bike.

Located them from the lads in Australia via: Lever Protection Set, Universal, Left-Right - Lever Guard

Next modification this week is removing the stock exhaust, let the fun begin!

IMG_5973_jpg.jpg

KODAKHODAK

Yesterday, decided to take the stock exhaust off, having never challenged anything like this before and watching multiple videos of the best way to catch this I eventually got it off late last night.

The best tip I can give when doing this on your own is do what I did after you take off your bolts and nuts and try and put them back on the part/bike so you don't get consumed where everything goes. Overall I had to separate the oil cooler from the bike and had minimal oil spillage which was good as I only just recently got its first service and was worried that i would have to replace the oil depending on how much spilled out, lucky not much at all.

The rear was technical, especially trying to pry off the joins from the header pipe - front and rear headers. Using a block of wood and a decent rubber mallet after a good 30 mins it eventually came apart. "TIP" remove the rear header nuts to help separate for some reason soon as I removed the header nuts and moved it away from the engine it all made sense and the rear muffler came off. There is a video on Jarret Campsi Youtube where they explain the sequence on his Streetfighter. Link:

Some say to take the rear subframe off, but I managed to keep it on and used some NEW tools to help remove those hard-to-get places. Definitely grab a set of knuckle swivel socket attachments to provide angles your wrists and fingers couldn't get to :ROFLMAO:

Pretty proud of myself to have achieve this first part of the project and was great to understand how to work on a V4S for the first time.

The question, should I buy new manifold nuts or gaskets for the NEW Exhaust when it arrives?

IMG_6187.jpg

IMG_6206.jpg

IMG_6207.jpg
IMG_6212.jpg