DUCATI ECU and BBS Tuning (Racing EVO) for aftermarket exhaust

POMPLARDPANAM

I have a 2019 v4s with a CS racing exhaust slip on installed. After much debate on which canned tune to throw at it, it turns out there is a local, reputable Ducati shop that says they can custom dyno tune my bike using tuneboy software.

Awesome right? No bother with canned tune stuff.. Well, not so much after reading through and trying to piece together all the info on theses forums haha! Also, they’ve (shop) been vague about any other details which leaves me with questions for ggok and/or all who are willing to answer….

Based on this post/your experience with various combos of Ecu and other bbs software I’m somewhat skeptical of what the final result may be. It sounds like if I get the custom Ecu tune done I’ll have the most desirable afr situation for the engine but I won’t have any form of traction control unless I spend the money on a bbs update from either Ducati or xecu?

Does anyone know if tuneboy tuning software has evolved to allow the traction control to work with a custom(or canned) tune to work or will it still be “disabled”?

They also mentioned they tune each cylinder individually? From what I can tell on my bike there is only two o2 sensors, one for the front two pair combined and one for the back two. Wouldn’t they have to custom fit sensors for each of the four headers to accomplish tuning per cylinder tuning?

Another question. For any tune custom or canned, how are the power modes affected(full, med, smooth)? is the tune applied to full power mode and then med and smoother are tuned down from there based on the custom/canned tune? Or is the new tune all you got? How does this work?

My 05 gsxr race bike is way less complicated lol.

Tia fellas
Yo what's up 🍕 Pizza bro 🍕 this Cs racing do Brasil shit ( do Brasil = from Brasil )Ducati Panigale V4 CS Racing exhaust.jpg i wanted to buy it but...i choosed to do a custom half exhaust line replica ✂ in a kind of way like the 4USCITE ✂ DUCATI PANIGALE V4 AVIONIC N TEK MOTORS Exhaust Project rear manifold cuted.JPGbecause it is one of the most powerful exhaust line on the market look that sexy back bro you know it DUCATI PANIGALE V4 AVIONIC N TEK MOTORS Project Track Exhaust Head muffler upside.JPG
DUCATI Panigale V4 AVIONIC N TEK MOTORS half exhaust line project License plate head mufflers ...JPG
(rear light with integrated turn lights signals, braking, N warning too) ( one exhaust head is cuted i still don't know why one from Indonesia is comming soon )
V4 18 D182 FR - UpMap - Need 4 Power i have also removables db killers with a pipe inside to kill the sound...more...Ducati PANIGALE V4 AVIONIC n TEK MOTORS half system exhaust License plate head muffler the Bla...jpg lol all that but with the map without db killers N i have put the o2sensors to the trash anals plugs R in the pipes... :LOL:
anyway...the most simple choice for U is to buy something like the T800 up map like i did with that shit U can do your choice Maps - UpMap - Need 4 Power even there is no Cs racing map this is what the Pizza guys from UP MAP TERMIGNONI told me by e-mail
in your case the Arrow without db killers V4 18 ARROW SR - UpMap - Need 4 Power looks good or something like the brentunning device that is by the way more complicated but it looks like u can have more power with it there is also others devices N ways to go some peoples go to bike preparators directly... do some researches N don't forget the racing filter Panigale V4 SPRINT FILTER P08F1-85.jpg i have put this one just in turning the handle bar...but i'm scared about to go under the rain with that...if u don't choose that brand u got to oil the filter with a special oil...:cool:

Motojp

I mentioned that four wideband sensors need to be installed, but since the standard O2 sensors are located at the meeting point of the front and rear exhaust pipes, I don't see anything wrong with using two wideband sensors to make adjustments for each cylinder.
The only people who would need to make exact adjustments with four wideband sensors would be professionals on real racing machines.

If you want to go that far, you should go to MoTeC ECU for SBK.
first of all thank you for the detailed response!! I appreciate your knowledge. This is helps me slowly wrap my head around everything!!

I definitely need to ask the shop more questions to see exactly what a custom dyno tune entails there and if it’s worth a grand.

I think going with the t800 or slr canned map would be sufficient for what I’m doing with this bike(street queen).

So I definitely think I can rule out the motec stuff😜

Motojp

Yo what's up 🍕 Pizza bro 🍕 this Cs racing do Brasil shit ( do Brasil = from Brasil )View attachment 5570 i wanted to buy it but...i choosed to do a custom half exhaust line replica ✂ in a kind of way like the 4USCITE ✂ View attachment 5567because it is one of the most powerful exhaust line on the market look that sexy back bro you know it View attachment 5569
View attachment 5571
(rear light with integrated turn lights signals, braking, N warning too) ( one exhaust head is cuted i still don't know why one from Indonesia is comming soon )
V4 18 D182 FR - UpMap - Need 4 Power i have also removables db killers with a pipe inside to kill the sound...more...View attachment 5572 lol all that but with the map without db killers N i have put the o2sensors to the trash anals plugs R in the pipes... :LOL:
anyway...the most simple choice for U is to buy something like the T800 up map like i did with that shit U can do your choice Maps - UpMap - Need 4 Power even there is no Cs racing map this is what the Pizza guys from UP MAP TERMIGNONI told me by e-mail
in your case the Arrow without db killers V4 18 ARROW SR - UpMap - Need 4 Power looks good or something like the brentunning device that is by the way more complicated but it looks like u can have more power with it there is also others devices N ways to go some peoples go to bike preparators directly... do some researches N don't forget the racing filter View attachment 5573 i have put this one just in turning the handle bar...but i'm scared about to go under the rain with that...if u don't choose that brand u got to oil the filter with a special oil...:cool:
Love the exhaust on your “pizza”😆 and yes I the t800 sound like a simple safe solution so we will see….✌

POMPLARDPANAM

Love the exhaust on your “pizza”😆 and yes I the t800 sound like a simple safe solution so we will see….✌
Yeah thanks i know that's unique N powerful i hope i will see that at the end of the month i hope to the dyno.
174.8 bwhp in fourth Gear is my stock power to beat for information my bro Jaret CAMPISI did a lil bit more with a 🍕 pizza V4 SP 🍕179 bwhp in fourth gear.
About the t800 even i have choosed it a lot of peoples said that there is something wrong with it...so good luck to U...the cheapest way is the healtech ESE but search the good one may be u already got one me too just in case the thing is if u got trouble with a device u Can put it...but u will use the stock Map that is only good if u use the stock exhaust so do your own choice at final...

POMPLARDPANAM

Yeah thanks i know that's unique N powerful i hope i will see that at the end of the month i hope to the dyno.
174.8 bwhp in fourth Gear is my stock power to beat for information my bro Jaret CAMPISI did a lil bit more with a 🍕 pizza V4 SP 🍕179 bwhp in fourth gear.
About the t800 even i have choosed it a lot of peoples said that there is something wrong with it...so good luck to U...the cheapest way is the healtech ESE but search the good one may be u already got one me too just in case the thing is if u got trouble with a device u Can put it...but u will use the stock Map that is only good if u use the stock exhaust so do your own choice at final...
N if u go back to stock with the T800 (because look Closer ur exhaust bro the stainless looks weak on it )🤔🧐🤪🤔🧐 i hope i'm wrong
There is a Map for the stock exhaust i hope to not go with that too because of the cops...but damn... I'm so loud...
My db killers do the job that's crazy...

POMPLARDPANAM

damn his girlfriend ass 🍑 is amazing bro

P46

Un saluto a tutti, sono Pietro46, possiedo una ducati panigale v4s 2019 con scarico sc Gruppo completo 4-2, in Titanio, con silenziatori in titanio S1-GP, accordata alla centralina con il powergate 3 e mi arriva la parola racing evo se qualcuno vuole informazioni io sono qui...

POMPLARDPANAM

Yo
Un saluto a tutti, sono Pietro46, possiedo una ducati panigale v4s 2019 con scarico sc Gruppo completo 4-2, in Titanio, con silenziatori in titanio S1-GP, accordata alla centralina con il powergate 3 e mi arriva la parola racing evo se qualcuno vuole informazioni io sono qui...
Yo 🍕 pizza 🍕 bro we speak English over here use translate Google

POMPLARDPANAM

Greetings to all, I'm Pietro46, I own a ducati panigale v4s 2019 with sc exhaust Complete group 4-2, in Titanium, with S1-GP titanium silencers, tuned to the control unit with the powergate 3 and I get the word racing evo if anyone want information I'm here.
how much cost that thing Powergate-3 - Stevenson Tuning Ltd just to know i use the T800 up map in my case

P46

scusate se uso il traduttore non parlo inglese, il powergate 3 fa più versione... la mia è quella senza blocchi, posso leggere la mappa cambiare tutto a mio piacimento e poi dopo la riscrivo e si possono leggere anche altre bici…..il prezzo si aggira intorno ai 1000 euro, ma se cambi bici cambiando il connettore puoi leggere e scrivere… .Se vuoi ti mostro qualche foto….

P46

Greetings to all, I'm Pietro46, I own a ducati panigale v4s 2019 with sc exhaust Complete group 4-2, in Titanium, with S1-GP titanium silencers, tuned to the control unit with the powergate 3 and I get the word racing evo if anyone want information I'm here.
how much cost that thing Powergate-3 - Stevenson Tuning Ltd just to know i use the T800 up map in my case
with the t800 the maps are not very much in tune with the stoichiometric ratio and are limited for sure you will have a non-linear supply, in my opinion it is more for those who are satisfied with little ...

POMPLARDPANAM

scusate se uso il traduttore non parlo inglese, il powergate 3 fa più versione... la mia è quella senza blocchi, posso leggere la mappa cambiare tutto a mio piacimento e poi dopo la riscrivo e si possono leggere anche altre bici…..il prezzo si aggira intorno ai 1000 euro, ma se cambi bici cambiando il connettore puoi leggere e scrivere… .Se vuoi ti mostro qualche foto….
Hi yeah Pizza bro do it it's interesting it looks better than my T800 in some points but the price is higher

POMPLARDPANAM

with the t800 the maps are not very much in tune with the stoichiometric ratio and are limited for sure you will have a non-linear supply, in my opinion it is more for those who are satisfied with little ...
So i'm satisfied with lil bit...i don't need to much cheese i think i will have about 195 bwhp at the wheel in fouth gear normaly i will put it on the dyno at the end of the month or the next
in my case i wait N i will see my bike is still at my Ducati dealer for an oil pan problem...damn...

MaverickiB

If I recall correctly, the Powergate 3 is the same device Brentune uses. It just uploads the maps Bren has developed in their case. I guess if you have someone familiar with the PG3 in your area they might be able to cook up a map on the dyno, but a lot of stars gotta align for that to be a possibility for most people.

P46

Se ricordo bene, il Powergate 3 è lo stesso dispositivo utilizzato da Brentune. Carica solo le mappe che Bren ha sviluppato nel loro caso. Immagino che se hai qualcuno che ha familiarità con il PG3 nella tua zona, potrebbe essere in grado di cucinare una mappa sul banco prova, ma molte stelle devono allinearsi affinché questa sia una possibilità per la maggior parte delle persone.
[/CITAZIONE]
my powergate 3 It is the unlocked version the one that sells brentuning you cannot access the map because the file is encrypted….

P46

sulla moto ho il lettore AFR con sonda a banda larga ed eseguo acquisizione dati regolata cilindro x cilindro...