DUCATI ECU and BBS Tuning (Racing EVO) for aftermarket exhaust

POMPLARDPANAM

If I recall correctly, the Powergate 3 is the same device Brentune uses. It just uploads the maps Bren has developed in their case. I guess if you have someone familiar with the PG3 in your area they might be able to cook up a map on the dyno, but a lot of stars gotta align for that to be a possibility for most people.
Yeah bro because a lot of exhaust R made for this bike N to cook something on the dyno that need a lot of money too

ggok

It is not the tuning of motorcycle, but I bought it because I found a good OBD2 diagnostic machine.

A few dollars of inexpensive equipment can only turn off the MIL lamp and erase the freeze frame. On the other hand, a general-purpose texa machine that can do everything except for Ducati official program updates is very expensive.

However, the Ducati specialized OBD STAR can do the same thing as a texa general-purpose device at a reasonable price.
With access to DASH/BBS/ECU/ABS (so-called special functions), you can activate/set functions, reset service reminders, etc. Additional devices also support physical key immobilizer programming.

There are also higher-end models, such as the MS 80 and MS 50, which support more and more all motorcycle manufacturers but may not be needed by non-professionals. There are some differences in the diagnostic function, but it is not necessary for amateurs like us.

スクリーンショット 2021-11-01 132853.PNG.jpg
スクリーンショット 2021-11-01 132918.jpg

Demonstration video with MS80 device.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
It is not the tuning of motorcycle, but I bought it because I found a good OBD2 diagnostic machine.

A few dollars of inexpensive equipment can only turn off the MIL lamp and erase the freeze frame. On the other hand, a general-purpose texa machine that can do everything except for Ducati official program updates is very expensive.

However, the Ducati specialized OBD STAR can do the same thing as a texa general-purpose device at a reasonable price.
With access to DASH/BBS/ECU/ABS (so-called special functions), you can activate/set functions, reset service reminders, etc. Additional devices also support physical key immobilizer programming.

There are also higher-end models, such as the MS 80 and MS 50, which support more and more all motorcycle manufacturers but may not be needed by non-professionals. There are some differences in the diagnostic function, but it is not necessary for amateurs like us.

View attachment 6188
View attachment 6189

Demonstration video with MS80 device.
Wow, this is great to reset the service/maintenance reminder !!!

ggok

I have tested the OBDSTAR device. It is fantastic😁.

Even if you are a professional store that specializes in DUCATI, it is unlikely that you will have any complaints about the functionality.

These days, the MIL light rarely comes on, but in the early days of the V4 machines, exhaust valve errors were frequent.
The light would come on even when the engine oil pressure was low.

Every time this happened, we had to go to the DUCATI dealer to check the error details, make minor corrections to them, and turn off the MIL light.

I was so frustrated that I decided to use an inexpensive OBD2 tool costing a few dollars to investigate the cause of the MIL light coming on, and after solving the problem, turn off the light and erase the freeze frame data recorded in the memory.
There is only so much you can do with an inexpensive device, but I ignored all but the most fatal errors and used this tool to turn off the damned MIL light.

I got the OBDSTAR device, but I will continue to use this inexpensive OBD tool.
mini_20211112_065810142_iOS.jpg

The OBDSTAR product comes with a 4-pin and 3-pin Connector for DUCATI, but it does not come with a Euro 5 compatible cable, so you may want to get a genuine DUCATI connector separately.
This is the red connector in the picture.
mini_20211112_070457847_iOS.jpg

mini_20211112_070508939_iOS.jpg

mini_20211112_070106145_iOS.jpg

mini_20211112_070620756_iOS.jpg
Since ECU/BBS rewriting and OBD diagnostics consume a lot of power, I made my own two-way connector so that it can be connected to the battery charger at the same time.

It is also available from TEXA.
mini_20211112_070613069_iOS.jpg

mini_20211112_070628479_iOS.jpg

I did an active test of DASH.

ggok

It's a small talk.

With quick shifter, I see people on forums who fail to change gears (cannot shift up) between certain GEAR's.

Everyone is criticizing DUCATI genuine quick shift sensor.
There are some opinions that it will be solved if you change it to another replacement product such as cordona HM IRC Translogic.

Is the DUCATI (domino) sensor doing something wrong?

The quick shifter of the Panigale V4 provides feedback to the BBS ECU.

GEAR operations vary from person to person, and you may be fed back with your own bad patterns. electronically.

For example, it is not possible to shift up from the 2nd gear to the 3rd gear (it can be between other gears).

In such a case, release the force applied to the shift pedal momentarily, and add the force again, and the quick shifter gear change should be completed (hit twice quickly).

Alternatively, the DUCATI Performance EVO2 system is the best choice if you simply cannot change the gear at high speeds.

I tried the Translogic shifter before using the cordona product. It worked fine at first, but gradually I started to have problems with shift-up (double strokes).

In order to solve the problem, I went to DUCATI dealer to the extent that I didn't like it. I will leave out the details of the method I tried, but here are the solutions:

⑤ reset of the trasnsmission adaptive values

⑥ DQS adaptive reset

⑦ reset gears

These were reset by the DUCATI dealer's diagnostic machine and the gear position was relearned. After that, the problem completely disappears and there is no recurrence.

OBDSTAR also allows you to do these tasks. There was no problem, but I reset the items 1 2 5 6 7 8 the other day and the GEAR relearned them.
Screenshot_2021-11-12-15-11-35.png

My Panigale v4 evo2 Status
1.png

Screenshot_2021-11-12-17-47-12.png

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Hi ggok,
I just want to make sure I understand correctly,
so the OBDStar can perform this function below?
1637134158654.png

Jrkk

Thanks for great info. Couple of questions:
This ISCAN seems too good to be true.
Is there any additional licenses or update fee's.?
How about is it tied to one Vin or can it do multiple vehicles.

Interesting is when trying to find it, there's many resellers that have bmw and Harley version but only aliexpres is selling ducati version.

ggok

Thanks for great info. Couple of questions:
This ISCAN seems too good to be true.
Is there any additional licenses or update fee's.?
How about is it tied to one Vin or can it do multiple vehicles.

Interesting is when trying to find it, there's many resellers that have bmw and Harley version but only aliexpres is selling ducati version.
ISCAN DUCATI is a product that has just been released for sale.
It was a pre-ordered product, so I had to wait a little while after placing my order.

The aliexpres sales page is the official OBDSTAR Original Factory Authorized Store, and all the others are OBDSTAR distributors.
スクリーンショット 2021-11-19 225045.jpg

Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 22-52-22 Messenger Facebook.png

I have previously asked a question via FB Messenger from the Facebook page of the web site you may have seen, in the US.
There is no mention of ISCAN DUCATI on the sales site, but it appears that ISCAN DUCATI is available for purchase.
Screenshot 2021-11-19 at 22-54-51 Messenger Facebook.png

I don't think there is any association between a device and a body number (VIN) as is often the case with personal DIY OBD tools. I asked OBDSTAR a question, but I have not received a reply yet.

OBDSTAR comes with free updates for one year.
OBDSTAR can perform all functions offline, so even if you don't update, the device won't be unusable.
In other words, the new DUCATI motorcycle released after the free update period is not supported.

The price of the update has not been decided yet, but it will not exceed the device price.

Last edited:

MaverickiB

Looks like they saw the popularity of under tail exhausts and wanted to capitalize on it. That's way too much freaking money for a system not much different from SC project or the SBK Termi one and what is likely going to be a mediocre factory tune.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Looks like they saw the popularity of under tail exhausts and wanted to capitalize on it. That's way too much freaking money for a system not much different from SC project or the SBK Termi one and what is likely going to be a mediocre factory tune.
Remember they stop uploading the tune even if you bought the exhaust. After that raid from the EPA lol