V4s from street to track

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Ok @Duc_tmmc ,

I now have a REAL and NICE looking Solution for you. Well, actually, it was @HKMP7 who found this part, so Thank You to @HKMP7 , I just "confirming" that this will fit with some extra "modification ala DUCATImodified forum" 🤪 🤪 🤪

First, I purchase this item after @HKMP7 point it out to me:
Ti64 grade 5 titanium M12 Fender Washer 3.18mm Thick x 40.64mm O.D.

And it arrived today, below is comparison with the stock Ducati M10 washer (red washer is the stock Ducati):
IMG_0207.JPG

It is already polished, but of course, I will polish it further since it have some swirl mark on it :cool:

Then let's weight them:
IMG_0208.JPGIMG_0209.JPG

Ok, so this is heavier than the previous Titanium Washer from Allied titanium, but remember, this washer from TIi64 have the SAME Thickness as the Ducati stock washer while the Allied Titanium was thinner (and will need 2 washers to be stack together to be comparable in strength), plus this Ti64 washer is slightly larger in total outside diameter which make it even better than the Ducati stock washer for pressure distribution to the sprocket.
So this is REALLY the ALMOST Perfect part except that it have M12 bolt holes and we need M10 bolts holes.

The solution,
First, I made a centering spacer to make sure when we mount this Ti64 M12 Fender Washer using M10 bolt, it will still be HUB CENTRIC (you know like a car wheel spacer).
As usual, my younger son came to the rescue with his "hubcentric ring spacer" 3D printed:
IMG_0210.JPGIMG_0211.JPG

Please note that even this 3D printed hubcentric ring spacer is made of weak material, it will be safe because it is NOT load bearing at all and the purpose is just to center the Ti64 M12 Fender Washer when installed using the stock M10 bolts

Then TEST Fit using a longer M10 x 35 mm bolt (the stock ducati is Only 30mm in length), why longer, well, because I measured the available thread and turn out it can accommodate a 35mm longer bolt so more thread engagement and why not 😉

30mm vs. 35mm longer bolt just for test fit purposes:
IMG_0212.JPG

This is how the 3D printed hubcentric ring will function to center the washer (remove the slack of M12 holes with M10 bolts):
IMG_0213.JPGIMG_0214.JPG

Then TEST FIT on the bike with the sprocket, NICE, right? 😁
IMG_0215.JPG

But wait, this is NOT finished yet, so to be SAFE for your application, you can use this type of HEAD for the Hex Socket Bolt because remember this M10 Hex Socket Bolt was design to hold an M10 holes, while this fender washer have M12 holes !!!
So you will need an M10 Hex Socket Bolt with much WIDER HEAD design and luckily I found a PERFECT ProTi bolt for you:
ProTi Part# M10L35-OT01 with 18mm WIDER Head diameter and 5.5mm thickness of the head,
or if you want a Thicker head then use this ProTi Part# M10L35-OTB01 with the same 18mm WIDER Head diameter but with a more stout 7mm thickness of the head.

Don't worry about the thread length of just 22mm for the M10L35-OTB01 because I measured it and it should fit (if not, don't blame me but just put another 2mm of Ti washer 🤪 this part#M10-WST01)
AGAIN, DO NOT USE YOUR OLD DUCATI M10 Stock Hex Socket Bolt if you are using this Ti64 M12 Fender Washer, because the Head is too small for M12 hole on this Ti64 M12 Fender Washer and it is DANGEROUS !!!

And if you want the lower weight, than of course you can find a ProTi bolt with just 30mm in length but make sure you again get the head with 18mm diameter and the thread pitch of 1.25mm with minimum threaded part of 22mm (or just buy the fully thread part for the entier 30mm length).

For my washer, I will also CROSSDRILLED mine and my younger son is currently 3D printing the MOLD to perform this CrossDrilling so this Titanium Washer will be EVEN LIGHTER

BMW Alpina

Staff member
By the way, since this 3D printed Hubcentric Spacer is NOT Critical for Safety, I am willing to give the file so any of you can 3D printed yourself, I will post it later on the Resources Tab of this forum, I just need to figure out how 😁
But again, you guys need to use the larger head diameter for the M10 bolts, fail to do it, and if your sprocket flying off while you are racing on the track is your own responsibility, actually any modification following what I posted here is your own responsibility.
I am NOT responsible in any failure or accident. MODIFIED at your own risk 😌

BMW Alpina

Staff member
My younger son just finished 3D printing the mold to crossdrill the Ti64 Titanium Fender Washer:

Notice that it had the hubcentric spacer integrated into this mold so it can fit hubcentric (centrally) on the washer:
IMG_0218.JPG

Side by side:
IMG_0216.JPG

TEST FIT and READY to DRILL 🤓
IMG_0217.JPG