My little build

Brooklynv4

I’m going to call the dealer tomorrow and see if I can get them to warranty it. They probably won’t but I think it’s worth the try. If not I’ll order the bearings

Brooklynv4

My bike is out of warranty so I’m going to replace the bearings I found them on 123 bearing along with a tube of grease came out to 188. I also ordered a puller from Amazon. This will be a handy tool for my toolbox as I have two other ducs my 1198 and 996
2C96BB26-35BC-49D1-9E81-CFA1240A6F6D.jpg

Brooklynv4

The plan is to heat the eccentric hub with a heat gun to expand the metal a bit and pull the bearing I found a video on YouTube of a guy that did it on his 1199. I don’t want to use a torch because it might heat the metal up to much and I don’t want to risk warping it. I’ll do a full write up on this thread of course 😀

Brooklynv4

Got in the garage today and pulled the bearings, it was easy peasy. The axle I’m going to take to work and refinish it due to it looking rough

Brooklynv4

Success in putting the hub back together. It was pretty straight forward everything went in no problem. The mechanic shop at work had a press which came in handy.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Cant wait to see how much smoother it runs.
I tried to set my appointment for Woolich and the shop is booked out months. lol