My little build

Brooklynv4

Yep that’s next. Did the airbox the inside of the subframe the bracket that goes over the tank I’ll get to the bottom of the tank tomorrow. I honestly couldn’t believe how fast I got the airbox back on the bike I’m probably the airbox champ at this point lol. I’ve taken it apart like 5 times due to dropped screwed that I couldn’t get to 😂

bp_SFV4

+1 on the gas tank insulation, its on my mod short list. It doesn't take a lot for the gas to boil and the heat from a +200 HP engine will do it.

How are you guys resetting the position of the VIS in the ECU?

Brooklynv4

Haven’t gotten there yet lol. I made sure they were in the same position from when I took them off at least I think I did. Worst case scenario I can take it to the dealer so they can do it with the software

bp_SFV4

I'm surprised its a maintenance item. I guess it keeps people in dealerships unless you buy a Texa or OBDStar Ducati or the like. I don't know if the SLR/Bren/Dimsport tuning tools can do it.

bp_SFV4

$450ish from Aliexpress. I ended up buying one after the dealer hosed up my DQS. You can reset all of the adaptives, see every sensor on the bike in real-time and log it on a ride if needed. It can also access the test modes for the various controllers, ABS, Ohlins etc.

Brooklynv4

that I can justify does it reset the service light also. Does it work for other bikes like the 1198 as it would be nice

bp_SFV4

Oh yeah, you can do all the service resets. I think it works for every Ducati model. I double checked, the 1198 is listed in the software.

The only issue I had is that my wifi router was blocking it since when it was sending the login it was unencrypted. So for sure use a unique password. Once I figured out what was going on and set an exception it downloaded the OBDStar/Ducati software.

I also had to get a OBD-II adapter to 6-pin Euro 5 to work with my 21 Panigale. The older ones still had the 4-pin diagnostic plug.

Brooklynv4

That sounds great I definitely need that then so I can keep an eye on my 1198 reset tps and all that. I hate going to pay people for little things like that.

bp_SFV4

Yeah, I had a bad experience at my dealership whereas they very drastically overfilled the oil. I pulled almost a quart out of it to get the sight glass to where it needed to be. I'd rather just buy the tools and do it on my own.

Brooklynv4

I feel you on that I have trust issues with mechanics lol. That is why when I do choose one it’s a relationship type deal 😂. I only use mechanics for things I can’t do myself which isn’t much it has to be serious if I’m bringing it to someone else

Brooklynv4

Got back into the garage today finished connecting the wire harness and tidying everything up realizing I lost two clips That hold the airbox together. I’m going to order them hopefully they get here quick. I also taped up the inside of the subframe and seat

Brooklynv4

Called Ducati nyc today and got lucky they have the clips in stock so I’ll be able finish up everything when I get home from work tomorrow and maybe take it for a test ride weather permitting