My 1299 project

Lucati

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful bike Lucati!
eoukd it be possible to share what fan you got abs how you installed it when you removed the original fan and shroud
I have a track only 899 and want to clean things up there. Did you solder the stock conector to the new fan ? I si ser if u can run the bike without a fan at all
hey whats up, thank you!
Off the top of my head, its a SPAL 5" low profile fan (pull direction). yes, i did solder the oem connecter to the new fan. I originally made a mount that copied the bolt holes of the OEM shroud, but since i put in the FM exhaust that took the same space, I had to move the fan a bit lower. I did this by bolting one of the mount points ( lowest, at the bottom of radiator) and just used zip ties through the other mounting holes on the fan, through the radiator.
i do believe you can run the bike without a fan if its track only, since you arent sitting in traffic at lights and such. when i bought the FM exhaust, i was told i needed to remove the fan because its for race application only, but i use my bike on the street as well, so i needed the fan

Heroe82

Thank you Lucati
I may give it a shot with out a fan in the next few days
I have a track day on the 8th next mont and also have a plug for the fan conector so I don’t get a light if I remove it, if it gets hotter than normal I will purchase a fan and try to adapt it like yours
I do have a 70mm Termignoni system but I’m running stock shroud and fan so it should be a problem at all
Thanks again

Lucati

Staff member
Awesome bike Lucati. (y)

In post 38, Howard mentioned your bronze swingarm - is it a RAM?

Also (if you don’t mind my asking), where are you doing the next track day?
hey what’s up. My swing arm is actually just powder coated bronze, a full carbon one was a bit outta budget haha.
my next truck day will probably be buttonwillow, it’s the closest to me, few hours away.

craig bush

Cool. I figured it was either powder coated or one of the RAM magnesium swingarms.

How’s Buttonwillow? I did a two day course with California Superbike School at Streets of Willow in 2017.

Lucati

Staff member
Cool. I figured it was either powder coated or one of the RAM magnesium swingarms.

How’s Buttonwillow? I did a two day course with California Superbike School at Streets of Willow in 2017.
it’snice, there is one part of the track I don’t like, it’s like a filled in part of pavement, it just bothers me haha.
my brother took the superbike school as well, said he really liked it. I would take it, but dang that 2-day is pricey

Lucati

Staff member
Buttonwillow is a great track I love configuration #13 clockwise
I will be there Monday Feb 8 with TrackDaz
nice, I was thinking of going but other plans got in the way. I’ll Probably catch you there one of trackdaz another time!

Heroe82

nice, I was thinking of going but other plans got in the way. I’ll Probably catch you there one of trackdaz another time!
Yes for sure
What part of the track is that? Is it turn 2 (slowest turn) that turn is tricky but if you have your suspension set up correctly is fun
Just hope the tires stick don’t brake too much, close your eyes, drop it on your knee and ride it out with some throttle 👊✊🤞😆

Lucati

Staff member
Yes for sure
What part of the track is that? Is it turn 2 (slowest turn) that turn is tricky but if you have your suspension set up correctly is fun
Just hope the tires stick don’t brake too much, close your eyes, drop it on your knee and ride it out with some throttle 👊✊🤞😆
Oh i close my eyes every time! Haha. I forget the #’s to the turns but yea it is the slowest one. It just gives off a look of when A street is repaved and theres loose gravel around.

Jedclampet

Hadn't run the new Termi in anger yet I will keep you posted. The FM Project that we share has been the thoatiest pipe I've ever run. My friends behind me loved the sound especially when using the quick shifter. I bought the FM used and cleaned it up and liked it a lot its diameter is much larger than stock with fewer bends and almost like a 2 into 2 since there is a small Siamese area but much longer than stock too. My ass dyno felt that its the king of mid range. I came across this Termi and couldn't pass it up a friend had it and made plans to build a custom Ti version should be very cool and very expensive.
Fwiw my FM is still for sale and I'm shocked that nobody jumped on it yet.

Lucati

Staff member
Hadn't run the new Termi in anger yet I will keep you posted. The FM Project that we share has been the thoatiest pipe I've ever run. My friends behind me loved the sound especially when using the quick shifter. I bought the FM used and cleaned it up and liked it a lot its diameter is much larger than stock with fewer bends and almost like a 2 into 2 since there is a small Siamese area but much longer than stock too. My ass dyno felt that its the king of mid range. I came across this Termi and couldn't pass it up a friend had it and made plans to build a custom Ti version should be very cool and very expensive.
Fwiw my FM is still for sale and I'm shocked that nobody jumped on it yet.
Yea idk how no one has jumped on it. COVIDs fault

Lucati

Staff member
4A1F67F7-EF57-4BA8-8BE1-B6A83FAF1C25.jpeg
found a little oil sitting right thereon the black plastic by the fairing so gonna have to search out where it came from. Anyone have this happen?

Lucati

Staff member
Ordered some new rear sets. I feel like my footing/positioning can be better, only way to find out is to try out some others.
Received these in the mail yesterday...
3A3C2BCC-66AE-4FD5-B2D6-C68F1BEB1732.jpeg

I open the box and...

DCB89EF1-0D45-4A98-8DA8-57FD217DFAB1.jpeg
pretty terrible packaging. Going to try and get them on tonight, hopefully everything will be there for the install.