MAIN Thread for discussing all exhaust available for Panigale V4

MaverickiB

I think the belly pan could use some work. Looks kinda like a belly pan that would come from an aftermarket company. Doesn't flow with the lines of the bike/exhaust as well as I'd expect a factory system to. Not sure why they went with that gray bit, as it seems to be the only part with that color on the bike.

Just kinda seems like some laziness on the aesthetic design aspect of things, which is disappointing coming from Ducati.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I'm going to wait to pass judgement until I see the exhaust "blued" in. I think then it will stand out and look amazing.

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Seeing this thread bump I was reminded - I have the Spark SBK replica exhaust in-bound. Updates to follow…

Congratulations Craig :love: , please kindly posted your install once it's arrived.
The bar on exhaust reference standard keep on rising to another level (y)🥳
I mean, just look at that:
SP-GDU8825T-1__64936.1632239447.1200.900.png

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
Missed opportunity with the carbon guard. Not a fan of that gap under the seat.
Great looking system tho. Definitely a piece of art.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Also, just noticed that brake cooling duct for the Brembo Stylema Caliper from Ducati Performance looks quite nice :love:

BMW Alpina

Staff member
This picture shows the color better. so looks like the silencer will have the same golden hue color like the 1299 FE version and the rear heatshield cover is clearly made of Dry Carbon Fiber:
! Akrapovic 2.JPG

A016738

part number on that fire '22 wheelbarrow exhaust is 96482001A. And according to WRS.it it's incompatible with bikes prior to '22. :(

On the good news front, SC Project has re-designed their CR-T undertail half system (D26A-T68C) to include removable DB killers...presumably will resolve the issue Bill (CaliMotoTV) reported wherein the exhaust is too quiet and the DB killers re welded in and inaccessible.

Andy7

FOUNDING Member & Moderator
Staff member
And according to WRS.it it's incompatible with bikes prior to '22. :(
I assume that’s simply the upmap not being designed for use with previous software. Can’t see how the physical setup/config would be any different? 🤔

A016738

Agree…unless there are mounting points or whatnot that are incompatible. Or they changed the header flange config somehow.
Doubtful I agree…but not something I’d risk by buying a $7k exhaust as an experiment.

Maybe I’ll email Ducati or Akra themselves to try to verify.

JHTmcrider

Would love to have the dual exit Spark exhaust to ride with for a while. The Termi slip-ons seem so damn "reflectively" loud in my helmet. Following my brother on a V2 while he rode my V4 doesn't give off the same exhaust note to the listener however.

I know that those Db killers had to go back in as I don't live in a neighborhood or town that would appreciate my juvenile antics like running a P-51 Mustang engine in throttle use experiments from my garage.

Asked a few other folks on the FB forums about the sound from the dual exit Spark exhaust and it appears the consensus is that the sound waves are just moved to the rear of the machine? I think the longer tubes and size of the outlet pipes would offer some more bass notes as well as the increase in low-mid range torque?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Would love to have the dual exit Spark exhaust to ride with for a while. The Termi slip-ons seem so damn "reflectively" loud in my helmet. Following my brother on a V2 while he rode my V4 doesn't give off the same exhaust note to the listener however.

I know that those Db killers had to go back in as I don't live in a neighborhood or town that would appreciate my juvenile antics like running a P-51 Mustang engine in throttle use experiments from my garage.

Asked a few other folks on the FB forums about the sound from the dual exit Spark exhaust and it appears the consensus is that the sound waves are just moved to the rear of the machine? I think the longer tubes and size of the outlet pipes would offer some more bass notes as well as the increase in low-mid range torque?

My bike as a Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 came with that Akrapovic exhaust located at stock location which is louder than regular exhaust but still have catalytic converter inside.
I can confirm that when I replace the twin undertail SC-Project WSBK exhaust, the sound is deeper (more BASS notes) but because I replace the SC-Project (more restrictive) silencers with the Termgnoni silencers, the sound is also super loud.
Initially I did not realized this because the deeper bassy sound seemed to make it less loud at first, but after I rev it, I can feel my ear "literally" hurts.
The twin undertail will also bring the soundstage higher (like the effect of speaker midrange/tweeter when you mount it nearer ear level), so I personally think the longer undertail twin exhaust sounds better than the exhaust located at stock location.

In theory this longer pipe should increase low to mid-range torque, but I think the short exhaust like the Full system Akrapovic will still make the ultimate high rpm horsepower on top because they are less restrictive due to super short design, of course the diameter of the tubing will also play a role...

JHTmcrider

Wonder what this Akra system will cost? I knew I should have gotten the Spark dual exit system. I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews have to say and then just try and recoup some of the cost of the Termi slip-ons.

What is interesting is the 4Ucite Termi system would be cheaper if it didn't require all the damn carbon fiber parts, because I do like the sound of that system.

Gotta give credit though, as I think the SC Project exhaust is a bit better looking and go figure is not currently available:

Might just do the "Half-System" :Half-system 2-1-2 titanium system

Last edited: