MAIN Thread for discussing all exhaust available for Panigale V4

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for your detailed reply. For clarification, my bike is a 2022 Model. You said "I high confidence that the SC Project WSBK Full Exhaust Undertail system will fit on your 2020 Ducati V4." Was that a typo? Did you mean to say 2022?

Please let me know! I will purchase the full system if youre highly confident it will work, i will take that chance!

Finally, I agree. I would love the Akra undertail for the better map, fitment, and quality, however i don't like the connection of the dual cannons on the Akra. The SC project one looks much cleaner.
Hello Ferociious,
Yes, I am sorry, it was a mistype, it should be 2022, so it should read:
I have a high degree of confidence that the SC Project WSBK Full Exhaust Undertail system will fit on your 2022 Ducati V4.

The problem is, I believe they are in "temporarily not available" status: WSBK Full exhaust system - DUCATI PANIGALE V4 - V4 S (2019 - 2020)

1647710121082.png

ferociious

Damn, alright. Guess ill go with the Akra undertail since the SC is OOS. The official upmap and better warranty support would also be nice.

Also, if you want to buy the Akrapovic from WRS, talk to Gianluca Franca by sending him an email here: info@wrs.it
and tell him Howard from DUCATIModified.com forum who purchased his Full System Akrapovic for his Panigale V4 sent you.
If your bike is 2022, tell him your bike VIN number so Gianluca can register it to the Ducati Service System (it's a global system that can be accessed by any US dealer).
Is this still the best way to get a deal on one of these? I'll shoot Luca an email, and mention you! Thanks howard!

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Damn, alright. Guess ill go with the Akra undertail since the SC is OOS. The official upmap and better warranty support would also be nice.
Is this still the best way to get a deal on one of these? I'll shoot Luca an email, and mention you! Thanks howard!
I just check on WRS website, login so they know the shipping address is in USA (no VAT tax), and click on the USD pricing (top right corner of the page), and here is the price screenshot plus $99.56 UPS shipping (and this price is before you ask for a bit more discount with Gianluca). Wow, that is a very good price... really tempting for me now...
1647797053639.png

Also, please share your experience with the Akrapovic Full System UNDERTAIL Exhaust once you purchased it with us (y)
Even better if you could start your build thread so we can all learn from your journey and experience 🤓😃

Also, Barni Racing Team used the Akrapovic Undertail Exhaust (racing version) back in 2019 and later switch to SC-Project. (I forgot what they use for 2020 but I think still Akrapovic).
However for 2022, they are back with Akrapovic again 😉

I contacted Barni trying to purchase this system in the picture below, unfortunately, Barni no longer have it when I asked them because they already switch to SC-Project.
Later, I found another source for the Akrapovic system in the picture below, but they were asking for something crazy like $15k or even more, I forget the exact price, but I think I post it on this thread or my build thread (the asking price). So this latest Akrapovic Full Exhaust System from Ducati at less than $6k USD (at WRS) is a good price 😀
1.jpg

Spooky

Now click "make offer" and low ball them. They will counter offer with an even lower price than that. Wrs.it made normally very expensive suspension components obtainable for me. I did not know this "make offer" was an option till I learned it in this forum.
Where’s the “make offer” bit to click?

Spooky

I’m trying to decide on an exhaust for my SP2. I seem to have narrowed it down to the Akrapovic bottom exit full system or the titanium Termignoni D200. Both systems would cost a very similar amount.

Concerns about the Termignoni are that they might be more easily damaged than bottom exit exhausts? Also, does the UpMap adjust anything with DTC, DWC, Quickshifter, etc? I seem to remember that the UpMap for the Akrapovic system has somewhat different settings for the electronics to take account of the increased power but I’m not sure if that applies to the Termignoni.

The Termignoni seems to release quite a bit more power than the Akrapovic. I’ve no idea what the weight reduction might be with the Termignoni. I’m also not 100% sold on the main carbon part on the brake level side in terms of design. I’m also not sure if the lower fairing area might look a bit unfinished?

I’m not sure what the sound difference would be.

There’s also the WSBK version of the D200 but I think the db might be too much for track days? I’m not sure what the db levels are on the normal D200 titanium system, with or without the db killers (I think they are with the system but removable)?

Lots of questions!

Thoughts on the above and on the two systems mentioned?

Spooky

D200 is 105db, if you want the black titanium WSBK replica cans it's 115db
Thanks. I’d have liked black but I believe that’s probably too loud for track days. 105db from the standard cans is perfect. Is that without db killers or with them?

topolino

Just done a bit of digging around and some measuring and it appears that everything from both front and rear headers up to the point where the two underbelly silencers fit onto the Akra full system, is identical to the new undertail system (**see last paragraph). To convert from a underbelly system to an undertail system, you will need the link pipe (that replaces the left hand underbelly silencer) and the y-piece (that connects to this new link pipe and to the point where the right hand underbelly silencer used to connect), plus you will need the Y piece / heat shield / silencer assembly that comes as one part and the two mounting brackets and hardware. That's it. The beauty is that I could switch back and forth between underbelly and undertail, if I wanted. Not sure how much these parts are but it might be a better and cheaper option than swapping to the D200 in terms of simplicity. The only issue is sourcing the part numbers for these as in the 2022 Akra manual, it only shows part numbers for certain parts, not the pipes themselves. Surely they must be available, as if you say bent one of the rear undertail silencers in an off, why would you be forced to replace the whole system.

** I believe the reasons the 2022 undertail system (from the headers to the point where the 2018-2021 underbelly silencers would have connected) has a different part number to that of the 2018-2021 underbelly system is simply that it has four lambda probe fittings instead of two on the earlier models. In my case it won't make a difference to fitting the undertail system as I am running the 2 lambda probe Akra map, with the 2018-2020 compatible section of the system. Does anyone know any other sources of Akra part numbers. If not I might have to take a trip to the dealer for more info. I'm guessing it will cost around £3K for the parts but if it's possible I get the best of both worlds. If it's not then I am back to the D200 as my first choice.

BMW Alpina

Staff member