MAIN Thread for discussing all exhaust available for Panigale V4

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
Wonder what this Akra system will cost? I knew I should have gotten the Spark dual exit system. I guess I'll wait and see what the reviews have to say and then just try and recoup some of the cost of the Termi slip-ons.

What is interesting is the 4Ucite Termi system would be cheaper if it didn't require all the damn carbon fiber parts, because I do like the sound of that system.

Gotta give credit though, as I think the SC Project exhaust is a bit better looking and go figure is not currently available:

Might just do the "Half-System" :Half-system 2-1-2 titanium system
WRS.it normally provide the cheapest price of Ducati Panigale V4 Akrapovic system. I bought my Akrapovic full system (non under tail version) from WRS too, just to extract the ECU Map,
And here is WRS price for this latest undertail system.
Please note you have to login first to see this NON VAT price for customer outside EUROPE.

Below is the direct webpage link:
AKRAPOVIC TITANIUM COMPLETE EXHAUST DUCATI PERFORMANCE DUCATI PANIGALE V4 / S / R 2022

1645583732687.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Also, if you want to buy the Akrapovic from WRS, talk to Gianluca Franca by sending him an email here: info@wrs.it
and tell him Howard from DUCATIModified.com forum who purchased his Full System Akrapovic for his Panigale V4 sent you.
If your bike is 2022, tell him your bike VIN number so Gianluca can register it to the Ducati Service System (it's a global system that can be accessed by any US dealer).
But if you are using this dual undertail exhaust for a Pre 2022 motorcycle, I believe the upmap that came with this kit is NOT compatible with your bike so do NOT register your VIN number.

I myself used SC-Project WSBK combined with Termignoni silencers and here is the startup video:

bp_SFV4

IDK, $5058 USD is more than the $3,350 I paid. Ducati dealers in the US are probably going to want you to jump through some hoops to get the bike flashed. Trailer it in, no license plate, turn signal fuse pulled, etc. They need to be able to document its for off road use only.

1645590946753.png

BMW Alpina

Staff member
IDK, $5058 USD is more than the $3,350 I paid. Ducati dealers in the US are probably going to want you to jump through some hoops to get the bike flashed. Trailer it in, no license plate, turn signal fuse pulled, etc. They need to be able to document its for off road use only.

View attachment 7784
As I stated above, you have to login first to see this NON VAT price for customer outside EUROPE, and screenshot below is the price if you login and provide your US address in your profile, which is around $4,150 USD.
However it is still more expensive than the $3,350 price that you paid. Are you paying for a brand new FULL system Akrapovic or a Slip-On Akrapovic system?
Because if you were able to purchase a Brand New Full System Akrapovic for $3,350, that is a super good price and maybe you can share with other members here on where you buy it from, so other members can benefit from the saving.
And yes, Ducati dealer (at least in California) now require all the procedure you mention above because that is required by Ducati North America before they can upload the UpMap.
1645592776488.png

A016738

7100 for the ‘22 undertail exhaust (via 4Evo) and another few
hundred for the lower fairings for it. o_O

I’m also strongly considering the SC Ti half system now that they’ve redesigned it with removable DB killers. I’m hoping they’ve also addressed some of the QC issues Bill from CaliMotoTV encountered with his previous version of that system.

Hell, for the price difference I could order the SC project 1/2 system and then just replace the mufflers with these sweet babies and sti be ahead of the game by a wide margin:

CD311F93-7A4E-4B08-8D6E-BBA1AE5E2515.jpeg

JHTmcrider

^ I agree. The gloss carbon cover can be rubbed with fine (1000-2000 grit) steel wool to give the mat look needed to match other dry carbon parts.

If in fact the Db killer issue has been solved by them, I would rather spend the extra money saved getting some aftermarket OZ rims.

That is some good news for sure and with the great site the Admin posted up for WRS, many, many parts are cheaper buying directly. I must have spent 4 hours last night looking up parts and comparing their prices to U.S. retailers.

Shipping costs do seem to even out the overall prices however. But WRS has quite the selection! Thanks for posting!

BMW Alpina

Staff member

I’m also strongly considering the SC Ti half system now that they’ve redesigned it with removable DB killers. I’m hoping they’ve also addressed some of the QC issues Bill from CaliMotoTV encountered with his previous version of that system.

Hell, for the price difference I could order the SC project 1/2 system and then just replace the mufflers with these sweet babies and sti be ahead of the game by a wide margin:

View attachment 7787
Hi @A016738 if you would like to purchase SC-Project, our forum official vendor Dennis from @dennispowersport based in Taiwan can give you amazing price. (the lowest price I could find).
Here is his email: dennispowersport@gmail.com and please kindly let him know that you are a member of DUCATImodified.com

Hi @JHTmcrider ,
Also, you can always email Gianluca and ask him for extra discount for any item that you are interested. He will be happy to give you an extra discount if he still can. Then you can pay them via PayPal.

bp_SFV4

Are you paying for a brand new FULL system Akrapovic or a Slip-On Akrapovic system?
Full system new in box from Coleman Powersports on the east coast. I bought it through their eBay store.

The 22+ bikes have revised lower fairings. In addition to the extra venting, the race system now only requires the black portion of the lower to be replaced, not the whole panel. Which on the older bikes the difference was only in the black section too, but now you can just replace that part with a Ducati supplied piece.

Max

does anyone know if it is possible to use any undertail mufflers with the full akra exhaust? I am very bored with the akra cans and want an undertail but do not want to repurchase a new exhaust as i do not have that type of cash to throw away. I was hoping the new undertail by akra for the V4 would fit and we could just by the back end

bp_SFV4

The under tail and the under bike Akrapovic systems are identical from the mid-pipes to the header.

I think Ducati dealers can look up individual parts from those systems but I have not been able to find Ducati parts numbers for the parts making up the exhaust system. When I got my full system I was missing the square grommet which installs into the tail. I contacted the dealer I ordered the system from and they were able to look it up the p/n for the grommet.

1645893483341.png
1645893506999.png

ferociious

Hey guys any updates? I want to purchase a SC Project Full system undertail or half system for my 2022 Ducati V4 and im not sure if it'll work. Can anyone confirm the 22 models are compatible with 21 model exhausts?

ferociious

Cant figure out how to edit posts -

But what is the verdict on the best site to purchase either a full system Akra or Sc project with a good discount?

I signed up for WRS as a retail customer. How does one submit offers?

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Hey guys any updates? I want to purchase a SC Project Full system undertail or half system for my 2022 Ducati V4 and im not sure if it'll work. Can anyone confirm the 22 models are compatible with 21 model exhausts?
Hello Ferociious,

Here are the result of my quick research:
A. For Model year 2018 to 2021, the Akrapovic Full System (not undertail) have the same part# 96481386C and here is the link to WRS webpage: 96481386C AKRAPOVIC RACING COMPLETE EXHAUST DUCATI PANIGALE V4 / S / R 18-21 DUCATI OFFICIAL
But
For 2022 the Akrapovic Full System (not undertail) have a NEW Part# 96482081A and here is the link to WRS webpage: 96482081A AKRAPOVIC TITANIUM COMPLETE EXHAUST DUCATI PERFORMANCE DUCATI PANIGALE V4 / S 2022
So based on the part# above, there are differences between 2018 to 2021 Akrapovic Full System (not undertail) to the 2022 version.

B. I believe the part that have the highest potential of fitting problem is actually the REAR Exhaust Manifolds that could hit the swing arm, because for model 2022, The pivot of the single-sided aluminum swingarm is positioned 4 mm higher.

C. I compare the stock part# for the Front exhaust manifolds and the Part#57015221A Replaced (but interchangeable) by: 57015222A is the SAME for both 2021 and 2022 (although different than 2020)

D. I compare the stock part# for the Rear exhaust manifolds (Part# 57015211A )and they are the same for both 2021 and 2022 (for sure it is physically different than 2020)
So the conclusion, from the Exhaust Manifolds are both year 2021 and 2022 are the same and interchangeable.

If this is the case, why the Akrapovic Full System (not undertail) have different part#, on this case, I am pretty sure the difference is due to the UpMap needed for 2022 system is different than 2021 system
But mechanically they are the same. Worse case scenario is, there is a bracket going to the left suspension mounting and the right, I believe rear set that need to be refabricated, but this should not be too hard to do)

So, how about the UNDERTAIL system?
I just checked my SC-Project WSBK Full System Undertail System on my 2020 Panigale V4 25° Anniversario 916 which is basically a 2020 V4S and even if I move (imaginary) my swingarm pivot 4mm higher, there are still PLENTY of space between the swing arm and the Exhaust Pipe.

The SC-Project WSBK Full System Undertail System only have 5 mounting points:
a. The Front and Exhaust port which is obviously the same for model 2018 to 2022 and count as 2 mounting points
b. The left lower mounting point to the rear suspension bracket which even if there is some changes can be easily fabricated
c. The Left and Right Silencer mounting bracket to the rear passenger foot bracket of the rear subframe and count as the last 2 mounting points

Since we know that the rear subframe is the same between the 2018 to 2022, then I have a high degree of confidence that the SC Project WSBK Full Exhaust Undertail system will fit on your 2022 Ducati V4. (corrected for mistype)
Of course I canNOT guarantee this, but if I were you, I will still purchase it, knowing that if there is a fabrication needed, it might not be too hard to do.
Again I canNOT guarantee, but you need to review the data above and decide by yourself.

The only think that I believe might not fit is the stock rear set, but I could be wrong also, since my stock rear set is the Ducati by Rizoma rear set so it is not really stock like in a base V4 model.

The HALF System of SC-Project Undertail exhaust though is a DIFFERENT Story because the rear exhaust manifold of the 2021/2022 is TOTALLY different than a 2020 and older model. So I have less confidence.

Cant figure out how to edit posts -

But what is the verdict on the best site to purchase either a full system Akra or Sc project with a good discount?

I signed up for WRS as a retail customer. How does one submit offers?
Best way is to contact by email to
Gianluca Franca
his email: info@wrs.it
Sales Office

Last, I also just saw your PM with the questions comparing the SC-Project WSBK Full System exhaust and Akrapovic Full System and I will answer it here to share with others at the same time:
a. The SC-Project system is great from fit, build quality and finish (except the carbon heat shield). It also have great looks from both right side and left side (around the pipe that are under the tail).
The stock SC-Project Carbon Silencers also looks great, however, I don't like the GIANT Logo on it saying "SC-PROJECT" because it is just too much for me since the main star should be Ducati and the exhaust is just a co-star.
That is why I replace it with Termignoni silencer, beside I believe a real 916 should wear Termignoni. But again the SC-Project Carbon Silencer looks great if you are ok with their GIANT Logo.
However, it is NOT a factory system and it does not come with an official UP-MAP. The install is not that hard, probably comparable with Akrapovic system.

b. The Akrapovic system should have an even better fit and better build quality (I know because I also bought the Akrapovic Full System Non undertail exhaust just to get the UPMAP).
But, I think their heatshield design on both the right and left side looks "funny". It was nice on the 1299 but not that nicely integrated on this Panigale V4.
The Akrapovic silencer shape are also conical and I just like the shape of the SC-Project silencer or Termignoni Silencer better.

Having said that, if it is my money and my bike is a 2022, I will for sure buy the Akrapovic Full Exhaust UNDERTAIL system because it is a FACTORY system, with the best build quality by Akrapovic, and come with Factory UPMAP.
Eventhough the Akrapovic looks is not my favorite, but I think after a while I will get used to it and eventually love it.

I already purchased the SC-Project and combine with the Termignoni silencer, I love it more than this 2022 undertail Akrapovic (or the Akrapovic design is not nice enough to make me spend another $7k for Akrapovic undertail exhaust to replace the SC-Project).
But if I have to start from scratch (for my 2020 bike), I will choose the 2022 Undertail Akrapovic for the piping with the 2020 Akrapovic full system just for the UPMAP, and if necessary, swap the Akrapovic Silencers with Termignoni Silencers.

Last edited:

ferociious

Thanks for your detailed reply. For clarification, my bike is a 2022 Model. You said "I high confidence that the SC Project WSBK Full Exhaust Undertail system will fit on your 2020 Ducati V4." Was that a typo? Did you mean to say 2022?

Please let me know! I will purchase the full system if youre highly confident it will work, i will take that chance!

But if I have to start from scratch (for my 2020 bike), I will choose the 2022 Undertail Akrapovic for the piping with the 2020 Akrapovic full system just for the UPMAP, and if necessary, swap the Akrapovic Silencers with Termignoni Silencers.
Finally, I agree. I would love the Akra undertail for the better map, fitment, and quality, however i don't like the connection of the dual cannons on the Akra. The SC project one looks much cleaner.