HKMP7's V4S Journal

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Forsaken Motorsport linear link
I don't have any experience with this link on this platform but on previous bikes a linear link makes a big difference.
The link plates are different from the factory setup one of them is threaded which eliminates the need for a nut. The machine quality and the fit and finish is pretty good.
I opted to buy new oem hardware and linkage spacers. These can be reused but I generally don't like to reuse hardware.
OEM part #
Bolts 7725202BG X 3
Short spacer 7131C701A
Long spacer 7131C691A

I replaced the upper and lower shock mount bolts with the Proti equivalent

The linkage spacers came a dull and rough so I sanded and polished them so they glide smoothly.

Install coming soon.

KODAKHODAK

What brand of PPF did you use on front guard please? All good just seen it was from Tankslapper 🤟

Ducati Performance Carbon fender
Got rid of the plastic front fender.

I bought a extra matte fender kit from the tankslapper so lets get it installed.

Before

After

Bruce Wayne

Forsaken Motorsport linear link
I don't have any experience with this link on this platform but on previous bikes a linear link makes a big difference.
The link plates are different from the factory setup one of them is threaded which eliminates the need for a nut. The machine quality and the fit and finish is pretty good.
I opted to buy new oem hardware and linkage spacers. These can be reused but I generally don't like to reuse hardware.
OEM part #
Bolts 7725202BG X 3
Short spacer 7131C701A
Long spacer 7131C691A

I replaced the upper and lower shock mount bolts with the Proti equivalent

The linkage spacers came a dull and rough so I sanded and polished them so they glide smoothly.

Install coming soon.
This will make a big difference especially on hard acceleration out of corner will stop the pumping. Plus the stock link uses a bush instead of needle roller bearings, not sure why Ducati did that

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Forsaken Motorsport linear link install
I finally got around to installing this link and its pretty straight forward. You will need a way to support the bike either from the sump or fixed rearsets. I used the rearset method with jackstands with the rubber pads on them. I removed the exhaust cans to gain more clearance then I loosened all the nuts and bolts. The shock mount bolts are a 8mm allen and the linkage has 18mm nuts and 14mm bolts.

I started with the shock bolts and the rest is pretty easy just replace the link with the new one.

All done

Added some Dykem cross check to a couple of the bolts

I didn't like the look of the silver bolts on the link so I cleaned, scuffed and painted them semi gloss black.

Weights and measures
Stock link with plates and hardware 1007g
Forsaken link with plates and hardware 879g
Full review coming soon.

Last edited:

Bruce Wayne

Does the link level the bike out more or is it something you feel while riding I’m curious about it
Ride height shouldn't change but the link should make the suspension travel more linear, STD links on modern bikes are very progressive and seem to be designed to allow for very different rider weights, if they fitted a linear Link as std I'm guessing it would bottom out with a 100+ kg rider without re springing the shock, that's the only reason I can think of for making a really horrible std link.

Apuca

Updated Office
The office is nearing completion here are couple of new additions. Still deciding on which triple clamp kit but here are the controls.
Brembo Remote Adjuster
This part is not necessary but I love having it for convenience and it looks trick.

Replaced the bolts with Proti

CNC Racing left handlebar switch
Here is my custom switch for the left handlebar all black buttons and one red button just like on my start/stop switch.
I got the Pramac edition because I'm a fan of Zarco and Martin!

IMA clipons

Do you know if the remote adjuster will fit the stock lever/master cylinder? Or just the radial ones. I have the ducati by rizoma levers and it’s been a challenge to find an adjuster other than the rizoma one. I might just go for the entire MCS package from the SL4 but don’t want to go all in until I explore every option. Like you, I don’t believe it’s necessary but it looks cool 😎

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Do you know if the remote adjuster will fit the stock lever/master cylinder? Or just the radial ones. I have the ducati by rizoma levers and it’s been a challenge to find an adjuster other than the rizoma one. I might just go for the entire MCS package from the SL4 but don’t want to go all in until I explore every option. Like you, I don’t believe it’s necessary but it looks cool 😎
I’m not sure exactly if it will fit but if I was a betting man I’d say no. I looked at the MCS from the V4SL as well. I decided against it because a RCS or any of the billet masters would be better overall.

Apuca

I’m not sure exactly if it will fit but if I was a betting man I’d say no. I looked at the MCS from the V4SL as well. I decided against it because a RCS or any of the billet masters would be better overall.
Does the rcs radials definitely require switching out the stock switches? I’d thought I saw that there are figment issues.

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Beautiful work sir.! You deserve a 🖐 for the clean work and attention to detail. Much respect 🤙
Thanks Ben,
Appreciate the kind words. It’s not done yet Welcome to the forum be sure to share your ownership experience as well.
Cheers,