HKMP7's V4S Journal

BMW Alpina

FOUNDING Member & Administrator
Staff member
but...you just got yours....lol...
I think HKMP7 was interested in the ti eccentric swingarm adjusters that Bruce Wayne mentioned,
but will this ti eccentric swingarm adjusters work for V4S without changing the rear set to the V4R rear set?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
I think HKMP7 was interested in the ti eccentric swingarm adjusters that Bruce Wayne mentioned,
but will this ti eccentric swingarm adjusters work for V4S without changing the rear set to the V4R rear set?
That’s exactly what I was going to ask.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
That’s exactly what I was going to ask.
Initially, Motocorse was planning to make a sidestep bracket that also act as a conversion from the V4S non adjustable to eccentric adjustable version, to adjustable like V4R version.
however later it was deemed too difficult to made safely without changing everything (including rear set to V4R rear set) (at least this was what Bellissimoto told me half a year ago).

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Marchesini M10RS Corse wheels
After months of waiting here they are and Wow just wow! These are in my opinion one of the greatest wheel designs ever. RIP Roberto Marchesini 🙏.
These wheels have come full circle for me I remember buying my first set in 2004 for my ZX10R. I also remember almost crashing the bike the first time I rode it with the new wheels. I wasn't expecting the bike to "turn in" so fast. At the first fast corner I inputted a little too much counter steer I almost ran off the track. 😂
Enough of me rambling on to the pictures

The details on the spokes are insane 🤯

Weights and measures
Front wheel 17x3.5 3017g/6.6lbs
Rear wheel 17x6 3162/6.2lbs
I will source some ceramic bearings for these soon they are stock for now.

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
Marchesini M10RS Corse wheels
After months of waiting here they are and Wow just wow! These are in my opinion one of the greatest wheel designs ever. RIP Roberto Marchesini 🙏.
These wheels have come full circle for me I remember buying my first set in 2004 for my ZX10R. I also remember almost crashing the bike the first time I rode it with the new wheels. I wasn't expecting the bike to "turn in" so fast. At the first fast corner I inputted a little too much counter steer I almost ran off the track. 😂
Enough of me rambling on to the pictures

The details on the spokes are insane 🤯

Weights and measures
Front wheel 17x3.5 3017g/6.6lbs
Rear wheel 17x6 3162/6.2lbs
I will source some ceramic bearings for these soon they are stock for now.
Beautiful wheels!

What ya gonna do BST?

or these are for track?

HKMP7

First 9 & Moderator
Staff member
Thanks HKMP7,
I was looking at thyssenkrupp carbon wheel model range a few months ago and wasn't able to find a model that fit our bike, turn out they have a model for our bike. Very Nice :love:
Yeah they are taking pre orders for them right now. I prefer the BST styling over the Thyssenkrupp.

BMW Alpina

Staff member
Yeah they are taking pre orders for them right now. I prefer the BST styling over the Thyssenkrupp.
I am about to type the same thing, I like BST (your model or the one on Superleggera) more... this Thyssenkrupp model feel more for Ducati Diavel style...
Although it looks like Thyseenkrupp will have a second styling (STYLE 2) in the future:
1612026131667.png

Tsaico

FOUNDING Member
I need these carbon wheel to absorb heat well (putting tire warmers on), as I have heard carbon wheel crack on some models, suspecting heat soaking is the culprit. I am still learning....

BMW Alpina

Staff member
I need these carbon wheel to absorb heat well (putting tire warmers on), as I have heard carbon wheel crack on some models, suspecting heat soaking is the culprit. I am still learning....
I don't think heat caused the cracked because there is not enough heat from tire warmers or even from glowing disc brake since they are not in direct contact anyway with the carbon wheel.
Carbon wheel crack most likely because the design since carbon fiber arrange in some direction which they provide incredible strength but they are weak in the "other" direction.
That is why they need to be arrange in some special overlapping pattern to provide strength in almost every direction, but due to some design, there is always be weak spot/direction where they are still weak and crack can start, especially with some impact.

That or the impact just too powerful and due to the inherent property of carbon fiber (just crack) instead of "bend" first like with metal wheel.